lincolnwho

Will there ever be a new Minifigure Falcon

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi all, just wondering how often Lego revisit the ships they have allready produced, my daughter has recently re awoken my Star Wars love and combined with mine and hers lego addiction, these are heady days.

Thing is try as I might I cant quite build a Falcon thats a playable and looks good(My daughters happy , but when I'm up till all hours modding and building I like it to be just right).

There fore does any one have a MF moc I could copy (I know shame on me) or are lego revisiting the Falcon anytime soon so we can buy an official one with out scouring ebay and paying Loads???Or does anyone knwo where I can get a MF scale one for normal money???

Thanks as always guys

Well the MF is due for a re-release some time soon the last one (Not the UCS one included) was in 2004 so it is really due for a release maybe even next summer :look:

Thank you Darth Jar Jar shame I'm not a patient type , any other ideas seen any good mocs, my main problem is making the Cockpit with out the proper bricks , imo mine alwsy looks odd and it doesnt have enough room for 2 mf's next to each other9you know the way Han and Chewie should be!!!!

Well this guy did MOD the UCS MF to make an outstanding interior it took him 9 months but with all the pictures off it you should be able to order the parts off bricklink and build it :sweet:. I'll see if I can find the pics.

Also about the price I won one on ebay.co.uk for 75 pounds but that was just luck... :laugh:

Well this guy did MOD the UCS MF to make an outstanding interior it took him 9 months but with all the pictures off it you should be able to order the parts off bricklink and build it :sweet:. I'll see if I can find the pics.

Also about the price I won one on ebay.co.uk for 75 pounds but that was just luck... :laugh:

£75 i dream of that , thats affordable but they all creep up to £125 which is a ridiculous price per brick ratio

£75 i dream of that , thats affordable but they all creep up to £125 which is a ridiculous price per brick ratio

No im talking about an UCS MF :laugh: :laugh:

EDIT: Got the pics for you heres the link

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

for the UCS falcon omfg , my moc is a little more modest in keeping with 4504, scouring mocpages here and brickshelf and still not finding a decent cockpit solution :cry_sad:

just seen the pics from the link Darth that thing is amazing

for the UCS falcon omfg , my moc is a little more modest in keeping with 4504, scouring mocpages here and brickshelf and still not finding a decent cockpit solution :cry_sad:

just seen the pics from the link Darth that thing is amazing

I know it took him 9 months! :oh:

Hmmm I'll see if I can make a cotpit and then post pics for you :sweet:

I don't think there is a good, strong way to add that type of cockpit to the System MF unless it's just going to be a display model.

I don't think there is a good, strong way to add that type of cockpit to the System MF unless it's just going to be a display model.

This is the slow unfortunate thing Iam learning, shame as the rest of the ship looks about there, the pressure is on though as han and chewie have arrived from planet ebay and they wanna set of in their ship :blush:

Edited by lincolnwho

Perhaps this is more along the lines of what you're looking for.

Now since that's possible, why didn't TLG do that....

I love that modded falcon , guys against all odds I have just won one on Ebay , awesome so excited I think I just wet myself :blush: .

Thanks fo rall the guidance and links guys most appreciated, thing is now I have freed up a load of grey again so big question what do I build now?

Did some one say Star destroyer????? lol

Maybe I'll start with an x-wing as it looks less dependent on specific bricks ,speak soon guys and gals :vader:

I love that modded falcon , guys against all odds I have just won one on Ebay , awesome so excited I think I just wet myself :blush: .

Thanks fo rall the guidance and links guys most appreciated, thing is now I have freed up a load of grey again so big question what do I build now?

Maybe I'll start with an x-wing as it looks less dependent on specific bricks ,speak soon guys and gals :vader:

:look: What Falcon 4504, 10179 or 7190?

And for that matter, how much did you win it for? It would be slightly Ironic if there was a new falcon in the summer wave this year :laugh:

And for that matter, how much did you win it for? It would be slightly Ironic if there was a new falcon in the summer wave this year :laugh:

Yea that would, maybe TLG has put out only CW/PT because they are releasing an all OT summer release with a new MF :look:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

4504 Darth , so excited cant wait for it to arrive :cry_happy:

£80 something so chuffed loads cheaper, just chanced my arm , cant wait for it to arrive fab news.Even if Lego do bring a new one out cant see it improving on 4504 unless it has a better interior , still if its availabe in the shops it may get bought.

Now to mod or not to mod the 4504 on its arrival ?????????????????????

Do not underestimate how difficult it is to build a LEGO X-wing. I know everybody says it's easy but almost nobody's done a decent job on brickshelf. This is probably the best I've seen.

I think for an MOC you have to find one or two particular starships or vehicles you really like and then work on doing a really good job of that, it takes a lot of thought. If you look at Junsier's or errbt's brickshelf folder or even mine you can see what I mean.

Personally I think Lego have done the falcon alittle to many times. Unless there are drastic new additions or new figs I think its pointless them doing it again.

They might re-do it for the ROTJ anniversary though, so you might be in luck. :sweet:

CF

I think the UCS one was pretty much the swan song for falcons.

True but I can see them doing one more before th line ends, it is the most popular ship.

Now to mod or not to mod the 4504 on its arrival ?????????????????????

What kind of question is that!?!? :grin:

If you feel like it needs changes, by all means, go ahead and mod it. :blush:

Just finished building 4504, got to say it is a nice compromise between size and functionality. Nice to be able to fit minifigs inside but doesn't need a large space to display. Will probably mod it in a few months when i get bored with the standard kit.