Fonzy

Ma'al Ta'ar household

Well before I made an embassy in one of the other regions, I thought I better first experiment with how a Kaliphlin building could look. So some of its style could come back in the embassy I wanted to build.

I call it the household of Ma'al Ta'ar.

Front:

6856870727_973d87795d_b.jpg

6856871055_8dacd42239_b.jpg

6856871189_580c5fba58_b.jpg

A lack of tan bricks forced me to be creative and resulted in a lot of ornamentation. Hope it's not overdone.

Back:

6856871325_92cd3ddb4d_b.jpg

6856870095_e1509c05e5_b.jpg

Have a look at the inside from the top:

6856870833_71eef2376f_b.jpg

6856870221_72088552e6_b.jpg

The windows:

6856870647_23f8ed197b_b.jpg

6856870937_013ea5fa24_b.jpg

6856870539_e747bfd1b0_b.jpg

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

For a few more photo's look at flickr

Now that looks fantastic. Everything aout this is great. I especially love the golden dome and the patterns on the walls. Great work! default_thumbup.gif

Edit: I also just noticed the half stud offset on the windows. Extra nice!

Edited by Hyler Talliwell

I like this. Very good detailing, very nice styling.

Once again though, it feels like it needs a few more minifigures to bring it to life!!

This is an 'experiment' ?

This is a slam dunk!

Wow. Very nicely done. Lots of great ideas and techniques used here. The off set windows, the wall mosaics, colour use and blocking, even the DOOR is great!

(though the latter could use a touch of colour - maybe a row of 1x1 pearl gold dots?)

This is a great, unique, and wonderfully Kaliphlin building. Thanks for building it :blush:

Really nice work!!!

Like one of the comments above already mentioned: the outcomming windows are brilliant!

Great Kaliphlincolour detailing as well :D

I am putting the finishing touches on my Embassy that I am placing in Kaliphlin and wish I would have seen this earlier! A lots of nice details espcially the mosaic designs, the windows, the arches (I particularly like the arch leading into the building).

my only criticism would be the walls look a bit thin at one brick in my opinion but I know how many bricks that can eat up!

Great Job Fonzy!

I have been trying to figure how to brickbuild a dome for the last few months... Could you possible take a few closer pics and let us in on your secret?

Fantastic building! A palace is definitely on my list of to builds - I think yours is the first in a long line of awesome Kaliphlin palaces to come (I believe DaMaximas is next?)

Wow! This is enormous! I can only imagine how much you spent on BL for this. I love the dome, it is beautiful. I also like a lot of the details, like the windows and the mosaics. Great job!

I love that dome :wub: Great job on the window frames too. Definitely a lot of decoration, but I don't think it is overdone. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks for all your comments.

my only criticism would be the walls look a bit thin at one brick in my opinion but I know how many bricks that can eat up!

Great Job Fonzy!

I agree, but I had no tan brick left to make the wall any thicker.

I have been trying to figure how to brickbuild a dome for the last few months... Could you possible take a few closer pics and let us in on your secret?

The dome I just copied from the Taj Mahal (10189), only in a different color and (lots of) gold round plates on top of it. You can find the building instructions on lego.com.

Simply wondrous. A magnificent piece of work. The dome, the windows, are all fantastic. A truly excellent addition to Kaliphlin!

This is awesome, I like the size of it! But wath caught my eye was that dome, really nice job!

Wow. Just stunning. This is totally Kaliphlin! I love the dome. And everything else too.

A lack of tan bricks forced me to be creative and resulted in a lot of ornamentation. Hope it's not overdone

We southerners are nothing if not gaudy! The colors are great.

I saw this beauty earlier but must have forgotton to comment - silly me! :blush: I find this really impressive in how thoughtfully it's been laid out. I love the little touches like the supporting beams for the walkways and the ornamentation on the walls is superb. If this is a test building, i can't wait until you start cranking out builds in earnest! :thumbup::thumbup:

How this beauty has slipped by I do not know, that dome is just wow :drool: so much better on this then the taj mahal :wink: It looks like a busy place with plenty of details to gawk at, great stuff! :thumbup: