The first shop along the main street of V City is a small one with a big name. The new Disney Store offers different products of its several franchises, including PIXAR and Star Wars.

29082240155_81d9e9df0c_c.jpg

The client (of course I am making this up) wants a small modern building, but contains some essence of its brand. Undoubtedly the castle becomes the starting point for my design brainstorming session. My initial idea is a little box with a castle, and I began to break down the important elements from the castle to form the design language.

28977567382_5333567d01_c.jpg

28796473310_69436c4798_c.jpg

29049994636_64e0a4c3f6_c.jpg

I converted the moat into the planters by the sides of the entrance, and created a frame to signify a portal to the magical worlds. That can be seen from some castles where you will have a big portal at the bridge across the moat. The facade profile of the building comes from the two side towers above, and I only extracted the cut-corner shape. This slightly chamfered entrance also helps the portal stand out better.

29049580396_30f7ca8e87_c.jpg

The building interior is simple, and is divided into several themes. First it is the Star Wars zone, where guests can find a lot of Star Wars toy and apparels. You can also design your own lightsaber at the “Build Your Own Lightsaber” shelf, and I made reference from the existing shops in Disneyland.

28461297344_b315145b20_c.jpg

Another side is the traditional Disney products, from traditional Disney stories. You can find girl items and dolls (you may ask about teddy bear, and yes Disney has one called Duffy and Shelliemay!), and also some cups and bottles. The deco is simple with wood planks, with the famous clock of Cinderella.

29082238935_c333942471_c.jpg

Up the stairs will be 1/F, where you are greeted by the Toy Story shelf and the Lightyear figure. You can try the 3-eye Alien headpiece! Turning around is the much anticipated Frozen shelf, with all the icy items you can purchase! See that girl who is in love with the Snowgie cushions? You can also meet Elsa, Anna and Olaf and take pictures with them! Then you will see the little food corner, facing the staircase to the roof top.

29082239345_ab4e6a260c_c.jpg

29049580176_45efac1182_c.jpg

I spent quite some time to work out the fixtures, and I am happy that they look very much like the real thing inside Disneyland.

28916790801_55decba0c3_c.jpg

The roof is a little green playground for kids, and you can meet the two iconic characters of Disney, Mickey and Minnie! Kids are queuing up to take great pictures with them, and later you will see even more other characters around the year. While I can design a simple hinged door on the rooftop, I created this version so that the panel can be folded up once more to avoid visual intrusion (if it is one big panel, it will stand up and be seen behind the tower on the front elevation! Not good!)

28461297854_e13a0c4a26_c.jpg

29082239815_93306f6b82_c.jpg

Of course, I need a photo with my wife, Mickey and Minnie!

28464528983_2527dcf5ed_c.jpg

Let's have a group photo, all the Disney characters with the shop! (okay, Buzz forgot to come out as he is still inside on the 1/F!)

28447332524_bc443d9230_c.jpg

Hope you all enjoy it!

Very nice! Really like the way you have integrated the current Lego Disney themes into your design. Nice photos and great sketches.

I absolutely love your Disney Store!

I feel inspired to do something like that!

It would be great do do even more themed rooms. Lots of nice movies are coming up!

Tinkerbell could visit and there could be a room where the girls could dress up like a fairy and put on the wings!

Or a Rapunzel Tower on the playground, or some bows for beeing "Merida". For the boys some Peter Pan swords or some "Cars".

Your pictures are done really nice!

Very cool shop and concept art! The colours and builds work very well together. Everything appears to be indeed very thoroughly designed :classic::thumbup: Just the outside is a bit too apple-cleanish for my taste :wink:

Thanks everyone! Glad that you all enjoy it!

I absolutely love your Disney Store!

I feel inspired to do something like that!

It would be great do do even more themed rooms. Lots of nice movies are coming up!

Tinkerbell could visit and there could be a room where the girls could dress up like a fairy and put on the wings!

Or a Rapunzel Tower on the playground, or some bows for beeing "Merida". For the boys some Peter Pan swords or some "Cars".

Your pictures are done really nice!

Good ideas! Perhaps that will be done in the Disney Store Expansion project!

Very cool shop and concept art! The colours and builds work very well together. Everything appears to be indeed very thoroughly designed :classic::thumbup: Just the outside is a bit too apple-cleanish for my taste :wink:

Indeed, it is a pretty clean modern design, which I would like to be a little different from normal type of shops / Disney Stores :) thanks!

This is amazing, great job.

I still don't know how you built your Disney logo... If you have some tips

Sometime littles are even harder than bigger ones ;)

:tongue:

For the Display logo, do you mean how I printed the graphics? Or the way to build that shape? I pasted the print of Disney logo done in Photoshop onto the brick, that is. Just white photo paper (and a little good craftsmanship) will be good. :)

Hi, I was referring to the way to built it. But I get a way now.

The only detail I found a bit like negative is there is not a lot of windows. When I look at shops, even if the are built with 2 floors, there are windows on the facade for each floor. Am I clear?

But your built is still fantastic! :)

Thanks.

Thanks everyone!

On 10/1/2017 at 8:38 PM, moscaluc said:

Hi, I was referring to the way to built it. But I get a way now.

The only detail I found a bit like negative is there is not a lot of windows. When I look at shops, even if the are built with 2 floors, there are windows on the facade for each floor. Am I clear?

But your built is still fantastic! :)

Thanks.

Indeed, there is no window here since most of the modern shops have artificial lighting and ventilation. With no windows, the shop can utilize all the wall space for the wall-bays and shelves. Of course, if there are windows the shop will be even better, but I like to maintain the current design to keep the concept of a castle first.

Thanks for the useful feedback!