This was a collab build with Isaac, again made for the Ye Old Merry Battleground display at BrickFair Virginia. We took a lot of inspiration from Mark of Falworth’s castles, particularly Falworth Castle. The castle split in half for transport, and the portcullis actually works via the crank at the top.

I would like to claim UoP credit for the following:

Architecture: SNOTted tile stonework

Alqalea Manor is a lovely castle that serves as the home of Lord Alnabil.

O.jpg

Low-1.jpg

Top.jpg

Back-4.jpg

Gate-t.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt

Thanks for looking, all C&C welcome :classic:

What a beauty :wub: Great layout, and the white additions fit in wonderfully :thumbup: Cool and unique rockwork below the castle too :classic:

Awesome stone- and rockwork, and the colour-combo works surprisingly well!

Great work, as usual, LJ. I have come to expect nothing but the best from you and your brother. I like the built up bedrock foundation upon which the castle is built, as your rockwork is always enjoyable to see. The style is distinctly Kaliphlinian, which confused me for a moment before I remembered that, despite your epic contributions to Nordheim, you are in fact in Kaliphlin. I love the minaret, especially, as the white contrasts very well against the tan and grey. The only detail I do not particularly care for is the white, brick-built dome in the front right corner. It seems too jagged, to me. Other than a planet half from that Star Wars series, though, I am not sure what would work to create a better dome of that size. It does not detract significantly from the build, however, and I still very much enjoy what you have done here. My favorite element of the whole thing is the use of the white spinner bases as window decoration; that works especially well to create a Moorish or Arab feel. Great job!

Looks excellent, that technique with the 2 x 2 tiles works surprisingly well here. Great to see you building in Kaliphlin again!

Great little castle LJ! I really like the incorporation of the white sections, though I will agree with Henjin Quilones about the larger white dome.

Nice work :thumbup:

Shape is fine - I am struggling a bit with the colours. Is that purple and tan or

grey and tan?

(I hope it is grey but it looks very purplish...)

:grin:

Very nice layout, the little bit of surrounding rock and greenery add a lot. Great work on the walls too! +1 for the UoP credit! :thumbup:

Woah, now here's a beaut! Lovely indeed! What a wonderful color scheme. Love the techniques used here for the castle wall, great texture! The minaret is just gorgeous, the tan and white work so well together. Nice landscaping around the castle as well. And excellent job photographing this build!

Looks like SK has helped create a new moccing machine! I can only imagine the standoff that occurs when you both need a 1x2 tan tile, and there's only one left in the box. :laugh:

Edited by MassEditor

This is a beautiful little castle. The stonework looks great, and that tower really stands out, yet fits in really well. I love all of the little details, and the foliage at the base looks great.

Good work!