Darkdragon

Pictoral Review: NYCC TMNT Black Turtle Minifig

The printing for the torso is excellent. :wink: And the headband for the head looks great. I can't wait to see more of the TMNT minfigures.

Despite really not being into this theme, I will say that the printing is excellent. TLG has come a long way with printing on irregular heads recently.

The turtle is neat (maybe that torso would make for a cool ninja-style warrior in some MOC) but my favourite part is the skateboard! Even if it's just a sticker, it does look fantastic. :wub: Me likey.

I'm weeping because I so want one but will never own one. Such a cool minifigure. Thank you for the big pictures.

:cry2:

After seeing the close up, detail pictures I am even more excited for this theme to hit stores! Great fig and equally great photos. Thanks for the look!

Looks alot like the Playmates exclusive Leo action figures in all black, just without the highlights. Looks kind of cool, but it's just another reminder that Lego reall should make their exclusives also available on their site. They're one of the only companies out there that make con exclusives that don't offer at least a few on their site for those that can't attend. If this is going for $200+, than Lego is leaving money behind - put it on their site and charge $50 and these would fly.

Wow I am really impressed by TLG on this one! I can't wait to get all four of the turtles now! Thanks for the pictures DarkDragon :sweet:

Thanks for posting these pics, DarkDragon. It's nice to see the fig close up. I'd imagine the regular Leo will be the same but green. I think they did pretty well with it.

It looks good, I am very interesting to see what you will use it for, thank you for the pictures!

Is it just me or do the other Ninja turtle figures have weird eyes, this one has the eyes as I know them...

Congrats on getting this cool minifig and thanks for the great close ups. Like others, I can't wait to have one of the turtles in my hands as well.

I'd imagine the regular Leo will be the same but green.

Unfortunately no. If you look closely at the Shellraiser box art, you'll see that both the eye and mouth prints are different. I would have much preferred this printing for the regular Leo as the other looks too cartoony for me, but oh well. The molds and shell printing seem to be the same though.

I was surprised at how much I like the TMNT line...I was a fan as a kid of the 80s and 90s Turtles cartoon, but didn't anticipate this being very interesting to me...but they did a great job with the turtle shell design and I like the design of the fronts. Might have to check these out when they come out. Though, I would like to see the green turtles with just the white eyes (like this black one) vs. the colored retina versions we see on them. Maybe in another set...

Edited by DarkKnight7

I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the Lego Purists who hate on Mega Bloks to comment 'Wow this is great!'.

Seem's LEGO is the 'rip off' this time, using an idea that's already been done before it was cool. :laugh:

2011-06-06_17-52-26_916-600x318.jpg

I'm just going to sit here and wait for all the Lego Purists who hate on Mega Bloks to comment 'Wow this is great!'.

Seem's LEGO is the 'rip off' this time, using an idea that's already been done before it was cool. :laugh:

Not sure where you are coming from on this comment. The MB turtles are nothing like the LEGO turtles. For one thing, the LEGO turtles can actually bue used in something other than a TMNT moc as all the parts are interchangeable just like any minifig. The shell is a separate piece.