MOC: Car Dealership

16 replies to this topic

#1 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Member: 13958

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Over the past year I have toyed with the idea of building a cardealership. I started some time last October or November with a small lot and trailer for a group of Smart Cars I built. I abandoned that project wanting something a much bigger. Apart from that, I did not want a bunch of bluish grey tiles or plates over a green baseplate ( those are like gold, as I don't have many right now). I received two big, rectangular, red, baseplates with a small lot of road plates. They are non-Lego, so they will work perfectly instead of just pitching them. Inspiration can be credited to 'riggs' for his awesome dealership! I started collecting pieces last month and began building at the end of January.  Here is the progression of the construction of my biggest MOC to date: The beginning of Prestige Auto   Posted Image

Note: This is a work in progress and will be going under many renovations for the build. I have a pretty good idea of what I want it to look like, but have to build it trial by error  Posted Image

The Floor Plan: Size comparison to modern car... A is lot of RED to cover up

Posted Image

Building the show room:

Posted Image

The garage bay and car ramp and office:

Posted Image

Showroom Exterior:

Posted Image

Posted Image

One little problem... I forgot an entrance for potential buyers.  Posted Image

I ditched the office (temporarily). Here is the first attempt of the entrance:

Posted Image

This is all for now, I hope you stay tuned. There is much, much, more to come!

As always questions and comments welcomed   Posted Image

-LGG
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#2 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

• Doing the Chicken Dance

Member: 7997

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:16 AM

Looking good so far, though a red baseplate ? :wink:
Keep going 'LGG'.....by the way what make of cars with be on display ? :wink:
Brick On Drive On ! :classic:

#3 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

View Postlightningtiger, on 18 February 2012 - 02:16 AM, said:

Looking good so far, though a red baseplate ?
Keep going 'LGG'.....by the way what make of cars with be on display ?

Thanks 'lt'.
Red is an odd color to have for the baseplate, but I will have it completely covered by the builds end. I think it's MegaB****ks or something worse. So it needs to be hidden.
As for the cars on display; I'm not sure if I want modern or classics. I was thinking about those 911's I have so many of. More will fit inside, obviously, but I could go either way. Depending on how fast the fly outa there  Posted Image
-I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't you tell me how to do what you told me to do... I know when to use finesse

#4 JackJonespaw

JackJonespaw

• Help Me Build Hogwarts!

Member: 18405

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostLeg Godt Gud, on 18 February 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

I think it's MegaB****ks or something worse.
Wait...there's something WORSE?!?!?!
This is a great MOC, just get those baseplates covered.  :wink:

#5 rriggs

rriggs

Member: 3307

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Looks like a great start and I'm glad I helped in some small way to get you going on this!

I like the chequered tile floor and the black framed windows together with the red stripe look good too.

You have now countered inspired me to get on with my interior this weekend.....

Cheers

Rog

Edited by rriggs, 18 February 2012 - 08:43 PM.

"I bet Einstein turned himself all kinds of colours before he invented the lightbulb"

#6 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thanks 'rriggs', I would say you helped in a big way!   Posted Image

I finished editing more of my photos from last week, so here is a more recent views of the build. To maximize show room space it is a multilevel showroom    Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to come!
Thanks for looking   Posted Image

#7 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:10 PM

Oh, now I didn't see this coming.....a second floor....excellent work 'LGG'....now I'm really interested to see where this one heads too ! :grin:
Brick On Drive On 'LGG' ! :grin:

#8 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

After finally loading the last of the photos to Brickshelf, here is the most recent view of the lot. A revised, larger entrance (waiting on a clear door) and an entire shift of the building, to the left side of the baseplates. I, unfortunately, have to leave part of it untiled to save weight. I plan to switch the black plate for a dark gray.

Posted Image

The car lift:

Posted Image

With the length of those technic axles, I could go up another floor. For now, I am going to stick with the two.

Posted Image

The repair bay. It can accommodate a taller car, more so when the garage door is down.

Posted Image

Next on the list is finish the floors, garage, outer lot, and to make sure there are no gaps in between bricks... I never seem to see them until I get them on my computer  Posted Image
Until next time, thanks for looking   Posted Image

#9 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Great to see the improvements there 'LGG', neat little hoist lift....at least it works with short 4 wide vehicles....6's would tip over all the time. :blush:
Keep going 'LGG'.....Brick On Drive On ! :classic:

#10 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Posted Image B-OV-28A

It's taken nearly a month, but I have finally finished my car dealership! That is, with the exception of stickers, they'll come later. I have decided to just use classic 4W cars to have on display.

Welcome to Prestige Auto!   Posted Image

Posted Image

Repair Garage:
Posted Image

First Floor Show Room with wheel display:
Posted Image

2nd Floor Showroom:
Posted Image

Fully functional elevator:
Posted Image

For photos following the build, start to finish, click HERE.

Suggestions and comments welcomed and appreciated!
Thanks for viewing    Posted Image

#11 lightningtiger

lightningtiger

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Excellent final touches you have done to your dealership and that collectable motor mechanic comes in real handy eh ? :grin:
Brick On ! :grin:

#12 wooootles

wooootles

Member: 7798

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:20 AM

It's a nice little dealership, complete with a salesman that I wouldn't trust with -anything- lol

And -plenty- of cars!  It's very detailed, too, with the roof windows, roof lamps, flags all over, looks like a real dealership!  GJ :thumbup:
My Flickr page--->check it!

BARNES & NOBLE / STARBUCKS STORE - Please support my Cuusoo Project!  Reading (and coffee) is fundamental for minifigs!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Big T

Big T

Member: 2247

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

Wow going over the progress photos really makes me appreciate the end product. Fantastic MOC man, the exterior looks really nice, and I like the diagonal entry point too. Good job

#14 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

View Postlightningtiger, on 20 March 2012 - 02:10 AM, said:

Excellent final touches you have done to your dealership and that collectable motor mechanic comes in real handy eh?
Thanks for following lt! I figured I'd throw him in there for fun. Unfortunately he won't be staying for long; planning to open his own garage someday   Posted Image

View Postwooootles, on 20 March 2012 - 02:20 AM, said:

It's a nice little dealership, complete with a salesman that I wouldn't trust with -anything- lol
And -plenty- of cars!  It's very detailed, too, with the roof windows, roof lamps, flags all over, looks like a real dealership!  GJ

Thanks wooootles! I chose that guy for a reason... His suit!   Posted Image JK, but I'm glad you like it  Posted Image

View PostBig T, on 20 March 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

Wow going over the progress photos really makes me appreciate the end product. Fantastic MOC man, the exterior looks really nice, and I like the diagonal entry point too. Good job

And thanks to you too, Big T. It was quite a long, ever-changing, but fun build for me. Now I have to find a bin that I can store it in  Posted Image

#15 Rail Co

Rail Co

Member: 27393

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

WOW! That looks so cool it holds all the cars very nicely.

I'm a conformist!!
Check out my Flickr Stream! For all photo updates!   https://www.flickr.c.../126425458@N06/

Lego Trains make the world go round, or at least a loop!

#16 The Blue Brick

The Blue Brick

Member: 18793

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:59 AM

I love the cute little ferrari you have. The design of the whole dealership is also great.  :classic:

#17 LEGO Guy Bri

LEGO Guy Bri

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

Thanks Rail Co and The Blue Brick for commenting   Posted Image

View PostThe Blue Brick, on 21 March 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

I love the cute little ferrari you have. The design of the whole dealership is also great.  

The Ferrari is a modified version from 1256 Shell Service Station. From Mondial to 328 GTS    Posted Image

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users