mechamike

[MOC] The Last day tree.

There is not many Last day tree’s left in the world, I know of only a few and all of them I found in Kaliphlin.

27323267726_466e60e117_c.jpg

Some say that the tree will bloom and shed its petals in just one night before the world will end, but I believe that’s just a myth, like so many other things that surrounds them.

Most people fear them, rumour is that even the beasts avoid them, but I also seen people bend before them in respect and praying in the shadow of their crown.

27286312881_7e293dbde2_c.jpg

I once heard a story that they grew in great numbers as a thick dense forest, but people cut them down for the hard wood, but the dying roots poisoned the land and the great Siccus desert emerged. But then some say the water in the Moruth swamplands in the Darklands once was poisoned from sap of the trees and that corrupted them minds of the people living there. Who knows what is really true?

One thing I can confirm, that you get burns if you touch the leaves. I still have a blister that will not completely heal.

But I still think they look beautiful, just like so many other tree’s in this world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great use of those mixel joints indeed.

I like the curves you managed to give the tree.

Good job !

A tree hugger always loves to see good tree building ! :D

That is a wonderful lore you've written for the tree. And it really add something unique to GoH. Something truly mythical that deepens the background of this world. I really like that you chose a first person narrator. That's very suitable, and can not be read often here.

And about the build itself, it's a gorgeous tree. The ball joints are a fantastic choice for the shaping of the branches, and being so consequent to only use those instead of mixing them with reddish brown really pays off. I'm just not sure how to interpret the eyes laying around. Not that it wouldn't be an ordinary sight in Historica.

Wow, absolutely stunning use of mixel joints! *huh*:wub: The shaping you achieved is fantastic and the dark orange works well for the leaf color :thumbup:

Mixel joints are incredibly useful, as this build showcases :thumbup: Very natural looking tree, which isn't an easy thing to build :wub:

This is a great looking tree, but I'm with Jacob, what really sets this apart is the backstory you've written. Great work!

That is very inventive and the background on it really fits the magical appearence of the tree.

Truely stunning technique, wow! In some way, the eyes really help to imagine this tree fit into the fantastic backstory you wrote for it, great mystical atmosphere. :thumbup:

Couldn't help thinking: what if.. you were to snot the bark with those eyes? Just my curiosity for unusual things, I suppose! :grin:

That's a very nice tree design there! Great work. Those Mixels pieces really do offer all kinds of new possibilities.

Definetely looks with mistyque, great job. :)

Loving the mixel joints. It gives the tree a lovely bark effect and lovely twisted branches. I hope lego bring out the joints in more colours. Reddish brown would be great.

As has been said the tree technique is excellent. I'm not sure how I feel about the eye's on the ground. Are they blooms that fell to the ground? Or does the ground keep an eye or two on that tree since it is so toxic?

Fantastic work Micke! Lovely tree and the backstory is amazing :classic: Lore and legends adds a lot to the atmosphere of Historica.

Love this tree. Would it be ok with you if I put one of these in the magical forest that sets on the border of my Avalonia country and the kaliphin border.

Wow, impressive use of the Mixel joints.

Thanks! I got a lot of them after a parts draft with mixels and thought of using them for a tree and not only as figure limb joints.

That is a wonderful lore you've written for the tree. And it really add something unique to GoH. Something truly mythical that deepens the background of this world. I really like that you chose a first person narrator. That's very suitable, and can not be read often here.

And about the build itself, it's a gorgeous tree. The ball joints are a fantastic choice for the shaping of the branches, and being so consequent to only use those instead of mixing them with reddish brown really pays off. I'm just not sure how to interpret the eyes laying around. Not that it wouldn't be an ordinary sight in Historica.

Thank's, glad you enjoyed the lore, was a bit afraid to post something at first, not being very active builder and just a lurker in GOH. .. was thinking of of putting my GOH sigfig in the build and do another approach at first.. but im happy to hear that my unusual approach was appreciated.

Truely stunning technique, wow! In some way, the eyes really help to imagine this tree fit into the fantastic backstory you wrote for it, great mystical atmosphere. :thumbup:

Couldn't help thinking: what if.. you were to snot the bark with those eyes? Just my curiosity for unusual things, I suppose! :grin:

Thanks's ..My orignal plan was to put something on the mixel joints, and i played with the ideá to use the eyes, or some other 1x1 (cheese, plates, round tile) I poured out the eyes first, but never put em on.. kind of liked the way the looked on the gound, as they added to the mystique

As has been said the tree technique is excellent. I'm not sure how I feel about the eye's on the ground. Are they blooms that fell to the ground? Or does the ground keep an eye or two on that tree since it is so toxic?

Thanks..

I think we can settle for blooms that fell to the ground..

Fantastic work Micke! Lovely tree and the backstory is amazing :classic: Lore and legends adds a lot to the atmosphere of Historica.

Thanks, much appreciated (especially since i comes form the great tree master himself :wink: ) Your tree's are truly beyond!

Love this tree. Would it be ok with you if I put one of these in the magical forest that sets on the border of my Avalonia country and the kaliphin border.

I guess that would be an honor! :blush: Just DONT touch the leaves!! :grin:

Hi, that is a beautiful tree you've created :wub: I love the texture you've managed to create for the main trunk and I really enjoyed the story behind it's name. The leaf canopy has a wonderful shape to it as well.

Great to see you build for GoH again! That tree definitely fits as a rare Kaliphlin tree :classic:

Glad you like the tree, and honored that it made the front page of EB!

Great to see you build for GoH again! That tree definitely fits as a rare Kaliphlin tree :classic:

Thanks! After Ecclesiastes great presentation of Guilds of Historica at the EB event 2016 in Billund, I got the urge to pick up build for GOH.. so there is more coming.

Man, this a seriously creepy, beautiful build, i love it. :thumbup: Such lovely natural shaping on the tree, and the grey trunk sets off the orange leaves well. The eyes on the ground are an inspired touch and the stuff of nightmares to be sure!