TMNT 2013

930 replies to this topic

#451 LOTR343

LOTR343

Member: 29693

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostBlacktron, on 12 November 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

I grew up with all the TMNT cartoons and movies. But I try not to be nostalgic. And I think the new show is the best incarnation so far. It's atmosphere is very close to the original comics. It is really good animated, very funny and the characters are great. I've just compared it to some of the old cartoon episodes and I think this new incarnation is much better.

...but I don't like the Lego sets very much. The minifigures are cool, but I don't like the design of the vehicles and sets. If there would be a minifigure pack, it would be very hard for TLG to sell the other sets.
Totaly agree with you,I have the same opinion,I'm not big fun of the desigh of the sets but the minifigures are awsome,you cant say no to a mutated ninja turtle minifig in lego form,and I'm glad to see shredder finally in lego form,I'm looking foward for this theme and I'm planning at least to get 3 or 4 sets.Well my opinion overall the LEGO once again didnt dissapoint :thumbup:

Edited by LOTR343, 12 November 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#452 Mazin

Mazin

• Gluttonous blue pig.

Member: 1175

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

View PostNeville longbottem, on 12 November 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

Because Nickoloden owns the rights to TMNT right now, they get to put their logo by anything they own for merchandising. Plus this is very off topic. They aren't ignoring the whole TMNT mythos, there's plenty of nods to the original series in this new one. Dogpound and FishFace are the Bebop and Rocksteady of this series. Be thankful we are even getting a Lego TMNT liscence now.

Plus they've created original stuff too. Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I already said that :sweet: of course they will do anything that they want now, just it doesn't look very ethical to me... there's been lots of franchises in the past aquired by the others and which were never marketed this way :wink:
Right... forgot about the Airbender... but never said they've never created anything on their own... only that they've never created anything SPECIAL on their own :sweet:

And BTW... it's NOT off-topic... I was still writing about Lego adopting the TMNT franchise...  it started to be off topic now when we started to argue :wink: so guess we better end it right? :sweet:
"Many people don't know what to do with time. Time doesn't have this problem with people"
Magdalena Samozwaniec

#453 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Report to a Mental Health Professional

Member: 9860

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Let's not argue at all, guys.  Nickelodeon can market what it owns how they like.  If you don't think it's right, perhaps you should write them a letter.  Raging against them in this thread is pointless and should stop.  

Moving on...

I'm actually much more excited about this line than I thought I'd be.  I like the minifig designs (besides the mutant henchman) and the sets look decent for what the source material is.  Right now I'm thinking of getting the Lair, Lab, Dragon Bike to get all the principal characters.  I like that it'll come in under $100.  I've got Hobbit and Super Hero sets to buy next year as well, after all.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#454 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Member: 29489

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 13 November 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

I'm actually much more excited about this line than I thought I'd be.  I like the minifig designs (besides the mutant henchman) and the sets look decent for what the source material is.  Right now I'm thinking of getting the Lair, Lab, Dragon Bike to get all the principal characters.  I like that it'll come in under $100.  I've got Hobbit and Super Hero sets to buy next year as well, after all.
I completely agree with you! As time goes on I find myself liking the turtle figs, the Shredder, and the Krang even more!

However after seeing the depiction of Metalhead in the last episode I doubt that we will see it in LEGO unfortunately :hmpf_bad:
Courtesy of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Posted Image Posted Image

flickr

#455 Legocrazy81

Legocrazy81

Member: 12542

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

That's weird there's barely any Leo minifigs on eBay, but there's A LOT of Dons with a katana...

Edited by Legocrazy81, 13 November 2012 - 02:23 AM.

Clone Army-120 & counting...

GS Red Squad Relief Fund- Donate today!

#456 CorneliusMurdock

CorneliusMurdock

• Report to a Mental Health Professional

Member: 9860

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

View PostSpider-Man, on 13 November 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

However after seeing the depiction of Metalhead in the last episode I doubt that we will see it in LEGO unfortunately :hmpf_bad:
That's too bad.  Metalhead would be one of the few characters that would force me to buy more sets if this lasts for more than one wave.  It's probably better, though, for my budget.

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#457 gundamz

gundamz

Member: 31807

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostLegocrazy81, on 13 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

That's weird there's barely any Leo minifigs on eBay, but there's A LOT of Dons with a katana...

Weird.  Don doesn't have a katana.  Are those figs legit LEGO figs?  Or are they knockoffs?

#458 BrickG

BrickG

Member: 31138

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

They're real it looks like.  They're just for some reason having the wrong weapon.  Maybe someone was colorblind and thought it was Leo :P.

#459 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

• Keeps the ending secret

Member: 18398

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostSpider-Man, on 13 November 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

Why not?  They could easily pull off a Metalhead minifig using the short minifig legs.
Never tell me the odds!

#460 Hobbestimus

Hobbestimus

Member: 22718

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I think this will be the first time I buy every set in a theme (I came real close with the Marvel sets). I get where these may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they hit all the right buttons for me.

#461 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostThe_Chosen_1, on 13 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

Why not?  They could easily pull off a Metalhead minifig using the short minifig legs.
Ya I guess that could work, but I still just don't really seeing them do it since it would require a new head mold with an antenna and a new turtle shell mold. Plus since they didn't include it in the first wave, and I doubt it is going to appear again in any episodes, that we unfortunately won't see it. I really hope your right though and I'm wrong!

flickr

#462 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

I agree with a few people here. I don't care for the mutant henchmen at all, but then again I haven't seen the source material. But I am psyched for the actual turtle minifigs that I grew up loving. I don't mind the new Kraang, but Shredder, the soldiers, and the turtles are spot on. I will wait to see Splinter in person before I make a judgment.
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#463 commodore_legolas

commodore_legolas

Member: 23013

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I was wondering, do any of you know if Dark Leo has back printing? Like this: http://images.wikia....atello_back.jpg
Also, what the color is for The Battle Damaged Krang's arms, torso, hips and legs?
Thanks.

Edited by commodore_legolas, 15 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.

*SPOILER ALERT*
Unrefrigerated milk goes bad quickly.

#464 wondermonkey

wondermonkey

Member: 17760

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

I was REALLY ready to hate the new show having grown up in the late '80's... HOWEVER, my wife got me back into Lego, Lego led me to EB, EB pointed me to this thread and this thread made me watch the new show. I really like it! I'm planning on buying as many of these sets as the wife lets me, after all, it was her idea.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#465 Krulis

Krulis

Member: 29761

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Some new pics of Splinter from this auction:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3ccc7c8074

#466 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:26 PM

I still don't think he looks that impressive :sceptic: I really don't like the way LEGO does the whole skirt/dress thing.

flickr

#467 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Splinter looks fantastic to me!
Never tell me the odds!

#468 Oakenmold

Oakenmold

Member: 32910

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

Hearing the rumors months ago i wasnt impressed. But watching the show and seeing the sets has made me really excited. The show is really good and it made me, a veiwer of the original series, laugh and get excited about the next episode. the only down side is the ninja kicks i receive by my little boy. He is also super excited about the sets.

One thing i will say, the transport of the turtles is very lacking. The turtle van set is very blocky!

#469 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

View PostOakenmold, on 16 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

The turtle van set is very blocky!

Um, yeah.......Lego.... :tongue:
Never tell me the odds!

#470 TheLegoDr

TheLegoDr

• Yellow Panel Expert

Member: 19128

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

I'm not liking Splinter that much either. His head mold fits perfectly as it how it should look, but there is something unappealing to me about it. But then again, I'm not really digging on the Chima mask pieces either, so maybe it's the awkward snout or something.

Either way, the other figures are looking good. Crazy how high that auction is for the main group when just buying the sets to complete them would probably be less than that and you'd get more!
Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image  Posted Image

flickr
See my collection

#471 Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Member: 31754

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hey guys

I'm thinking about buying a tmnt minifig from block party bricks on ebay. are the pieces mismatched like Tauriel and Legolas or are they the complete minifigs?

I don't see what's so wrong about the shell raiser. To me, it seems like a perfectly fine set. I'll probably even get it. :sweet:
Attack of the Flying Pigs! Visit my photobucket!

Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image

EWOKS IN A TREE!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                             I AM A MAN!

#472 Mr Spielbrick

Mr Spielbrick

• Worse than iOS 6 Maps

Member: 2148

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

View PostCorneliusMurdock, on 13 November 2012 - 12:49 AM, said:

(...)  Right now I'm thinking of getting the Lair, Lab, Dragon Bike to get all the principal characters.  I like that it'll come in under $100.  I've got Hobbit and Super Hero sets to buy next year as well, after all.

Ah, exactly the same goes for me. Those three sets have the facial expressions I personally find most true to the characters the way I know them. There seem to be two ways to get all the Turtles and an extra Ralph if you get all the sets. Only one way to get each of the other characters though, excluding of course the omnipresent Foot soldier - and including that one in almost all sets is a very nice touch. After all, you need a bit of an 'army' of bad guys. Almost like 'automatic' army building this way.

Very nice that TLC have also included all the weapons, some pizza's, skateboards and even a 'sewer lid' (what's the English word?).
Big fan of licensed themes and collectable minifigures.
Still trying to get a short brickfilm out there at some point...

#473 Jargo

Jargo

Member: 10639

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

Very nice that TLC have also included all the weapons, some pizza's, skateboards and even a 'sewer lid' (what's the English word?).
I'm sure there's a technical term for it like 'sewer maintenance access point' but generally it's referred to as a manhole cover.

Edited by Jargo, 19 November 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#474 The_Chosen_1

The_Chosen_1

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostPumpkin Pie, on 19 November 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'm thinking about buying a tmnt minifig from block party bricks on ebay. are the pieces mismatched like Tauriel and Legolas or are they the complete minifigs?

Why not wait another month until the sets actually come out?  You'll be assured that they're 100% original and probably end up paying a lot less...
Never tell me the odds!

#475 gundamz

gundamz

Member: 31807

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostMr Spielbrick, on 19 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Ah, exactly the same goes for me. Those three sets have the facial expressions I personally find most true to the characters the way I know them. There seem to be two ways to get all the Turtles and an extra Ralph if you get all the sets. Only one way to get each of the other characters though, excluding of course the omnipresent Foot soldier - and including that one in almost all sets is a very nice touch. After all, you need a bit of an 'army' of bad guys. Almost like 'automatic' army building this way.

Totally agree about the facial expressions.

I like how TLC gave each of the foot soldiers a different weapon - mace in lab set; sword in shredder set; scythe + throwing star in lair set; double throwing star in fishface set.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users