Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Hello all, I have joined this amazing game, just thought I would post my greetings here also.

Can't wait for my first quest :sweet:

I would just like to take this moment to say thank you Sandy for Creating this and letting it be open for all :thumbup:

Thanks

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/scheherazade_tell_me_a_story/

In the movie business Sandy? Haha, I thought it was a funny coincidence.

It's not a coincidence :wink: . As Sandy already pointed out, Scheherazade is the person who tells the 1001 stories in 1001 nights. Sandy already alluded to the one thousand story/one thousands nights thingie here, in her second post:

Ellaria was sitting on one of the tables at the upstairs saloon, watching as more and more aspiring heroes came through the door. She knew the times were tough, and work was not easy to find in Eubric. Heroica offered a perfect way to rise up in ranks even to those who were born as peasants or servants. Each of these people had a story to tell, she could tell that. She too, had a story of her own, though she was not sure if anyone wanted to hear it.

"So, what's your story, darling?" asked a scruff voice suddenly. Ellaria looked up to see the matron of the saloon, a homely female orc dressed in garish pink. "You can tell Scheherazade your worries. I've heard a thousand tales, you see, and told a thousand myself."

I loved the subtle reference :sweet: .

I loved the subtle reference :sweet: .

Subtle, yeah right! :laugh: But you're right, of course. And I'm the type of storywriter who likes to put references to his stories, so you can look forward to more of them in the future. :wink:

I meant it was a coincidence that a movie with her name in it happened to be coming out this weekend, only two or three days after this began itself. Not that the name itself was a coincidence.

I meant it was a coincidence that a movie with her name in it happened to be coming out this weekend, only two or three days after this began itself. Not that the name itself was a coincidence.

Oh, sorry! I did not know about the movie before you showed it to me.

Gives 5 gold

Is this allowed?

By the way, I'm pretty sure the alcohol being drunk in Heroica Hall is just roleplaying. It shouldn't cost anything.

Great game! I'm having a lot of fun role-playing. :wub:

Is this allowed?

Players can freely trade gold and items between each other, but they must take care to adjust their character profiles accordingly. Cheaters will be kicked out of the game, as cheating only ruins the fun for the others.

By the way, I'm pretty sure the alcohol being drunk in Heroica Hall is just roleplaying. It shouldn't cost anything.

It doesn't. Scheherazade made it clear to Signor Bacari in my latest post in the Heroica Hall topic. :wink:

I'll try and get the Marketplace up and running tomorrow, so you can start splurging your precious few coins.

Anyway, I'm now signing out for the night, and then I have work, so I'll be back to answer your questions in about 16 hours.

I'll try and get the Marketplace up and running tomorrow, so you can start splurging your precious few coins.

No rush. You're already doing a great job. :sweet:

Out of curiosity, are there any other rooms in Heroica Hall? Bedrooms, armories, stables, etc.? No pictures would be needed; just wondering since roleplaying some chatter with no real purpose is not something I do well.

Just one more question: when do we get to use tools? For example, when and how would I use a shovel?

Edit: Oh, and another :blush: : How will turns be played out between all of the quest players? This could be especially problematic when the players are in different timezones and it takes up to 24 hours for player to respond.

This really looks fun. I have a question: Where do create my character? Like, where do I post my pic and stats and stuff?

Yes, that happened to me today. The site wouldn't load so I clicked "POST" multiple times, but how it duplicated this late is beyond me.

If that's in-character in the Hall, I have no idea what you're talking about. :grin:

I'm no expert in this, but I'm pretty sure it means the page was running slow enough that the data had already been uploaded but the new page hadn't downloaded, so for an amount of time the post had already been sent but the button to send it was still active. So if you click it again, it sends the post again. Since the time between clicks was enough for some other posts to be posted between your two, they couldn't be merged.

This looks to be a lot of fun - I've been looking for a game like this for awhile. Thanks for putting this together, Sandy!

I have a question - I've created a character and have his picture and specifics as my signature. However, when I went to add the signature, I got an error message that I'm only allowed 4 lines for my signature (so I just put 2 lines together). But I see others have 4 (or more) lines for their signature. How do I rectify this?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to playing this soon....

(I'll be "walking" into the hall with introduction soon)

I have a question - I've created a character and have his picture and specifics as my signature. However, when I went to add the signature, I got an error message that I'm only allowed 4 lines for my signature (so I just put 2 lines together). But I see others have 4 (or more) lines for their signature. How do I rectify this?

This is probably due to your post count. Less signature space is granted to those with fewer posts, I'm guessing.

This is probably due to your post count. Less signature space is granted to those with fewer posts, I'm guessing.

Yep, as explained here.

Hi this game looks great and I've been researching the current heroes over at the hall. I can't wait to join and as you can see in my signature I have already started, though I can't manage to get the picture to work with the signature. can anyone help?

Hi this game looks great and I've been researching the current heroes over at the hall. I can't wait to join and as you can see in my signature I have already started, though I can't manage to get the picture to work with the signature. can anyone help?

You could upload a picture on a photo-sharing website such as brickshelf and then put the deeplink to the picture in your sig. There's a tutorial for posting pictures somewhere on the site, I think (I'm not sure). Hope this helped. :classic:

Alright, I just posted my character in the Heroica Hall thread along with a little introduction/backstory, and I look forward to questing after the 19th! Thanks for running this, Sandy. :classic:

~FB~

Alright, I just posted my character in the Heroica Hall thread along with a little introduction/backstory, and I look forward to questing after the 19th! Thanks for running this, Sandy. :classic:

~FB~

Looks like another interesting character joined the fray :thumbup: . There sure are a lot of Adventurers in the Hall now :tongue: .

Just one more question: when do we get to use tools? For example, when and how would I use a shovel?

You can use tools during the quest (I don't want anybody digging holes to the floor of my precious Heroica Hall, after all :tongue: ), outside a battle. Usually digging the ground when you're not actually searching for anything will not give you anything, but the Quest Master might throw in a few surprises to ferocious diggers now and then. :wink:

Edit: Oh, and another :blush: : How will turns be played out between all of the quest players? This could be especially problematic when the players are in different timezones and it takes up to 24 hours for player to respond.

That was a problem during the Test Quest as well, but there's no helping it. Because of the timezones, the turns usually last up to 24 hours, unless everyone happens to be on the computer at the same time. However, there's a maximum of 24 hours wait limit - if you don't post your desired target in 24 hours, the QM will choose it for you.

This really looks fun. I have a question: Where do create my character? Like, where do I post my pic and stats and stuff?

Please read the rules again. It's all answered there.

I'm not saying this to be nasty, but the rules include things you really need to know in order to play this game, so I want everyone to read them as carefully as possible to avoid future mishaps.

If I may make a suggestion. Would it be possible for the Quest board and the rest of the hall to be separate topics? I think it will be easier for those running the games to not have to wade through all the other in character talking to see who signs up. Just a thought.

You're running a great game. I think already a lot of us are having a blast and the quests haven't even started yet. :thumbup:

If I may make a suggestion. Would it be possible for the Quest board and the rest of the hall to be separate topics? I think it will be easier for those running the games to not have to wade through all the other in character talking to see who signs up. Just a thought.

I actually prefer it this way, since that means I get to read through the hilarious banter in search of the sign-ups. :wink: Thus far it hasn't been a problem for me, but if it becomes one, I'll take your suggestion into account.

I do have some bad news for some of you enthusiastic players: the amount of sign-ups to all quests have risen so high that unfortunately not everyone will get into the three quests that start initially. I'm totally overwhelmed and thankful for the interest the game has garnered, and I assure you that each and everyone of you will get to play in a quest at some point in the future. I just don't think I can handle hosting any more than three quests at a time, but in the future I hope there will be other quest hosts to offer new adventures as well.

I hope everyone understands this, and won't be too disappointed if they aren't selected into any of the quests come next Saturday. Just to give you guys a heads up, I will be basing my choice of players on the party balance, quality of posting and activity on the Heroica Hall topic. So there's still time to impress me with your writing and storytelling skills. :wink: I can say that there are some great characters in the game already.

And this doesn't mean you shouldn't join the game, if you haven't already! The game really is open to all members of this board, old and new, and the more the merrier! Finally, some statistics to give you tips on creating an original character:

PLAYER CHARACTERS SO FAR: 26

PLAYER CHARACTERS BY JOB CLASS:

Barbarians: 3

Clerics: 4

Knights: 6

Mages: 2

Rangers: 6

Rogues: 5

PLAYER CHARACTERS BY GENDER:

Male: 18

Female: 7

Unknown: 1

PLAYER CHARACTERS BY RACE:

Human: 18

Elf: 4

Orc: 1

Halfling: 1

Imp: 1

Unknown: 1

Sandy would you mind if I edited my character (just his picture I don't want to change his class, gender or anything like that. And all I want to is change his face). I just was so excited about the game I sort of just threw something together, and I know I already changed his picture once. If you don't want me to change his picture it's not that big of a deal and I completely understand why (it be really annoying if everyone went and changed their picture 10 times). And if you don't mind that's cool.:sweet:

I have a character made up here, so to join, do I just appear in the Heroica Hall, and give a bit of backstory?