Kaliph Moria

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kayne

Kayne

Member: 23719

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

On the lush island of Moria, Avalonia lies Kaliph Moria.  The embassy of the Kaliphlin Guild in the city of Moria.  Built from the native resources of the area, but also with some sandstone imported from their homeland, the Kalihplin Guild strategically chose a location near an inland spring.  Used to the rigors of the desert and the constant struggle for water, the Kaliphites felt this would be a stroke of genius.  Of course, after living in Avalonia for a while, they realized that water is about as abundant as sand is in their home desert.  Still, it made for a nice view, so the Kaliphites are still happy with their location!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Avalonians enjoy the trade at the Kaliphlin embassy, where they can find goods and services not available elsewhere in Avalonia...

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, here is my entry for the embassy challenge.  I am a bit disappointed with the pictures.  My 2 year old destroyed my camera the other day, so this is with my backup digital camera.

MoonLord Kha-Lord of Ras-El-Ahken-Kaliphlin
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#2 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

I like it :) give us a close up of the waterfall?:)

#3 Rolli

Rolli

• Not a student of Geography

Member: 11104

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:35 AM

Great one! As i already mentioned on flickr, it's great, how well an "Avalonian" design incorporates with the Kaliphin' colors.
Keeping it short (i have to go to bed, it's 2.30 in the morning..) - some critique: The tower's section right under the roof looks a bit too "blocky" in my opinion. I'd incorporate something more filigree but i can't think of an option right now. Maybe will i get an idea..  
Strong entry - i hope mine can stand this.. ;)

Best regards!

Sir Moriartus of Moria, Avalonia, Guilds of Historica

| my flickr |

#4 Kayne

Kayne

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostRolli, on 22 January 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

Great one! As i already mentioned on flickr, it's great, how well an "Avalonian" design incorporates with the Kaliphin' colors.
Keeping it short (i have to go to bed, it's 2.30 in the morning..) - some critique: The tower's section right under the roof looks a bit too "blocky" in my opinion. I'd incorporate something more filigree but i can't think of an option right now. Maybe will i get an idea..  
Strong entry - i hope mine can stand this.. ;)

Best regards!

I think you are talking about the tower in back with the tan and white incorporated at the top....I agree.  In person it looks pretty cool.  After I took the picture and looked at it, I thought "wow that does not flow as well as I thought!".  Oh well....gives me something to work on now!

My MOCpagesMy Flickrhttp://www.bricklink...p=darkenrahl_17 Kayne is able(Bricklink)

#5 Kayne

Kayne

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

Here you go Angeli!

Posted Image

#6 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

thank you, I love usage of the water in mocs :)

#7 Basiliscus

Basiliscus

Member: 890

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Fantastic entry Kayne! A very strong start for the mighty Kaliphlin guild  :thumbup:

Lovely colours in here, it keeps it different without making it too unrealistic. The two tall towers are very well done and the waterfall is simply stunning.

Wahil Musca, slaver and entrepreneur of Kaliphlin, ambassador to the Emir of Gorr

Latest MOCs
Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image-Posted Image

Flickr

#8 Evil Stu

Evil Stu

Member: 20939

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

View PostKayne, on 22 January 2012 - 03:01 AM, said:

I think you are talking about the tower in back with the tan and white incorporated at the top....I agree.  In person it looks pretty cool.  After I took the picture and looked at it, I thought "wow that does not flow as well as I thought!".  Oh well....gives me something to work on now!

Personally I think the colour offset works quite well to draw attention to the tower - if it had been in a similar grey tone then  the eye's focus would naturally rest on the blue building and the tower may have been missed. Just my thoughts anyhow. Really nice sturdy looking design and great incorporation of guild colours, you should be pleased with how this has turned out  :thumbup:

#9 Si-MOCs

Si-MOCs

• SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!

Member: 16567

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

This is fantastic!

Brilliant work. This would be a lovely place for our brothers to come rest for a while.

Even your old camera does a great job of pictures.

My only thoughts/suggestion is perhaps make the tower slightly more interesting? perhaps some windows or arrow slits? Maybe some banners or those black teeth?
Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image
I'd seek professional help - but I spent the money on LEGO. | flickr

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here

Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#10 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

Great build! I didn't expect the blue would be that nice, so well done!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#11 robuko

robuko

• Robuko Innovation Kaliphlin

Member: 4643

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

Lovely build Kayne, a great start for Kaliphlin.  The trees and waterfall are beautifully built, the tree adds a huge amount from your earlier shots.  The timberwork looks great too.  Well done
:classic:
Duc LeStrange, Special Envoy of the Petraea General Trading Company, of the Kaliphlin Guild.  
We work for Peace and Prosperity through Commerce.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#12 Gabe

Gabe

• Griffin Master

Member: 12135

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

A wonderful, colourful embassy Kayne! The very different styles of corner towers you have complement each other very well.  :thumbup: Great landscaping too!
Erudhalion Sansael, Admiral of the Kaliphlin fleet. Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

#13 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Oh! I just love it! You really managed to blend Avalonia and Kalipin very well! The scenery outside is very nice! Great work!!

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#14 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:30 AM

I like the infusion of Kaliphlin and Mitgardia.  The rounded tower is great, and I really like the blue building and it's roof.  It really looks like The Embassy was built according to Mitgardian architecture, but the Kaliphlin natives have added their own accents to it.  The snake charmer is my favorite BTW.  Great MOC!

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#15 Captain BeerBeard

Captain BeerBeard

• Ringleader

Member: 18031

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:26 PM

This is so nice. I love all the texture and color. Every part of your build is a different building style. There is so much going on here that I have to look at it over and over again. :thumbup:
Nocturnus Scoundrel

#16 Mike S

Mike S

• New Daddy!

Member: 26273

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I like this "fortified" embassy. In my opinion, embassies in a time of unrest that Historica seems to be immersed in would be fortified just like this one. And located next to a water source is just in character. Although perhaps they need a way to access the water from inside the walls such as a secret pipeline that can be controlled from inside the walls in case the embassy be besieged?

Come explore the lands of the Guilds of Historica

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 SkaForHire

SkaForHire

• Historica's Fortune Teller

Member: 759

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostMikel Kalores, on 17 February 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

I like this "fortified" embassy. In my opinion, embassies in a time of unrest that Historica seems to be immersed in would be fortified just like this one. And located next to a water source is just in character. Although perhaps they need a way to access the water from inside the walls such as a secret pipeline that can be controlled from inside the walls in case the embassy be besieged?

I agree, this is a great example of a fortified embassy. International relations are not the greatest during this period, and sometimes you just have too pull close the doors and wait out a diplomatic problem.  Don't worry, if you have to do so GEAR will send a rescue and resupply expedition!
D.L.T.B.G.Y.D.  Flickr Feed

Dugal MacLean of the Kaliphlin Guild ~ "GEAR Up with GEAR CO supplies."

Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image
Triumphal Arch of Petraea ... | ....   Devil's Island   ...... | ........    Rakath Mountain Ritual

#18 Palathadric

Palathadric

• Makes other members' internet speeds seem ridiculously fast

Member: 19379

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Wonderfully nice, building. I would hardly consider it Kaliphlin looking, although maybe I'm wrong about that, but it's a very "happening" scene.
They that love God will never meet for the last time.
This life isn't the end. We will meet again.
Posted Image     Posted Image     Posted Image
Brickshelf Account
See my work in the Official Lego sets made in LDraw topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users