Sign in to follow this  
Criga88

MOC - police dog unit

Hi all, for a while I had been trying to make a vehicle to use as a dog unit for my police. I was chopping and changing between a Ford Falcon and a Toyota Hilux, both of which use a flexiglass canopy to carry the dogs. I ended up going with the Hilux as trying to keep the Falcon low and still hold a LEGO dog is impossible. The Hilux worked out well as it can fit a dog in between the fender pieces, and it works out easier for me :classic:. Coming up with the canopy took a fair bit of head scratching and it might require some more when I build this, like most of my designs I think structural integrity will be iffy. Anyways, let me know what you think.

14310027017_e869cd5bfb_c.jpg

14516726153_23a419932e_c.jpg

....I think structural integrity will be iffy.

^^Those are always the most entertaining types of builds!

You've captured the looks of the Hilux and I like the fact you've chosen to have sloping walls to the Dog compartment - you've got to brick it IRL Criga88

Thanks Eurotrash and Lightningtiger. I've done a quick build and I'm short half a dozen or so bricks, including the train windows. I substituted what I could and it holds together pretty well although the rear end does tend to flex up slightly but it's not too noticeable.

Yip, the Falcon or Commodore ute would be quite difficult to create, youve done an awesome job with the Hilux!

Thanks Mrlegoman, a Falcon/Commodore stationwagon or ute with a canopy may still pop up but as a general purpose vehicle. Dunno when I'll get around to that though.