Maegnus

[MOC] You built a TIME MACHINE

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

EDIT: Bump to this old thread. I finally got around to taking better pics of this model:

5307969808_b124fda79d_b.jpg

5307381265_eab279a9bf_b.jpg

5307970196_d238bf8b3b_b.jpg

5307970366_61b466a69d_b.jpg

5307970748_92d559f172_b.jpg

5307971006_fed2948f8d_b.jpg

5307382385_c1d95763db_b.jpg

5307381755_c093ef0eba_b.jpg

5307382617_8743561b26_b.jpg

Link to the flickr set

This took around a month to do and posed many small problems along the way. Everything is as accurate as I could get it, inside and out, as I used a whole lot of reference pics and vids in the process. There are a bunch of weird building techniques including offsets, SNOT, and even some strategic sticker placements. It was a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy it:

I do need to give a shout out to Legohaulic, who inspired me to build this (I never thought a decent minifig(ish) scale delorean was possible until I saw his); I pulled many ideas from his, and tried to improve on it where I could.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

Now why don't you make like a tree, and get outta here :tongue: .

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

:wub: I love your Delorean, it has been made a lot of time in lego, but I really like yours^^ great job!

Awesome MOC, Delorean's are the best, especially the back to the future one.

Edited by Deemo

Well of course Doc Brown built a time machine out of a Delorean! They're the perfect cars! My rambling aside, I simply LOVE this. I've seen a lot of BTTF Delorean renditions, and this is the best. You've added all the details, and your SNOT techniques are amazing! Also in terms of minifigs, both Doc and Marty look as close to the movie as purist gets, and you've even got Einstein (aka, the first time traveller) there too!

Amazing work!

CT

Well of course Doc Brown built a time machine out of a Delorean! They're the perfect cars! My rambling aside, I simply LOVE this. I've seen a lot of BTTF Delorean renditions, and this is the best. You've added all the details, and your SNOT techniques are amazing! Also in terms of minifigs, both Doc and Marty look as close to the movie as purist gets, and you've even got Einstein (aka, the first time traveller) there too!

Amazing work!

CT

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

It was quite the challenge to capture some of the angles, but I am happy with everything (which says a lot, as I am a major perfectionist). Everything (inside and out) is as accurate as I could make it; the interior even has all the proper gauges and switches in all the right spots.

Edited by Maegnus

A wonderful, accurate and really very detailed work! :thumbup:

The gull-wing doors look very interesting and the interior´s simply excellent.

Thanks for the bump, I would've missed seeing this wonderful BTTF Time Machine if not for that. As always, your knack for accurate greebling details is very evident on this MOC. I also love your alternative approach on the windscreen/roof design. Excellent work once again! :thumbup:

Excellent car :thumbup: You've used some nice and original techniques there, like on the roof and the back structure.

I also like the fact that the doors can be opened. Good job.