I can't recall seeing how they handled these smaller updates, but LDD was updated today.

The only new thing I can find it the Iron Man visor.

If this needs to be merged or deleted, do so.

-Sci

Apparently includes a fix :thumbup: for the bug with Dish 3960 (which was placed in a different position if you opened a pre-4.3.6 lxf).

Unluckily, if you open a 4.3.6 lxf with 3960 in corrected position, it now gets removed :devil: . Ergo: I will need to update my corrected Official Sets lxfs......... :cry_sad:

Edited by Sjuip

Unluckily, if you open a 4.3.6 lxf with 3960 in corrected position, it now gets removed :devil: .

This... displeases me. Greatly.

Got this file to pass on today from Martin at the LDD Team. A lot of bug fixes. Much seems to be stuff we found here in the forum :sweet:

About the ring "bug", you can only attach it to one of the two sides now.

About not getting the update. From previous updates I know there might be some delay to propagate the change to various servers around the world, so give it a few hours or so.

1007to1033.lxf

About bug for dish 3960, Superkalle warned you here. :wink:

Yeah, great, that (otherwise very useful :thumbup: ) warning only came after I (and others) had mentioned the bug and after I had already amended the concerning files... :wink:

Edited by Sjuip

I got the update now. And I've found two new bug fixes

The brain attack torso armor now attaches to the torso properly.

And armor will now attach to the XT4 torso properly.

No new hero factory pieces. Unless they put Ultrabuild Captian americas shield in a different category.

Woaw, I'm hyped about all these bug fixes! However, I still don't seem able to get the update working. I donwloaded the installer several times (as, for unknown reasons, LDD has been running offline in my PC for some years now), but I still haven't got the fixes.

I know Superkalle said that some servers take more time than others to get the update, but I was just wondering if it's still normal a whole day after the update has been discovered.

Darking, are you using Windows our a Mac? If Windows, delete the LDD folder in your .roaming file, then reinstall LDD. You can access the .roaming by going to run, type %appdata%, double click .roaming, then you should see a folder titled LEGO Company. Delete the whole folder, then reinstall.

I followed your instructions step by step, but I still don't get the update. I also tried unistalling LDD first, but that didn't work either.

@Darking - I'm pretty sure that the bugfix patch issued this week is not included in the downloadable exe. LDD should self-patch - that's the only way to get the bug fixes. So if your LDD is not patching, then there is something wrong in your firewall or similar.

Try this to make a clean install of LDD (Win7):

1) Exit LDD

2) Go to C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\

3) Delete the entire LEGO Digital Designer folder

4) Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company

5) Delete the entire LEGO Digital Designer folder

6) Re-install LDD

If it still doesn't work and you need help, you need to give more info: computer setup, network connection etc etc.

I already followed all these step before, but it still doesn't work.

My PC runs on Windows Vista, and when I first installed LDD many years ago, the online connections worked perfectly. However, it's been two years since, for some unknown reason, LDD stopped going online. Everytime I open the program, it shows me an error saying:

"Internet access failed. LDD cannot access the Internet. Do you want to run LDD in offline mode?"

Then, the only way to continue is pressing the "Yes" button, as the "Retry" one doesn't make any effect. You think is a problem with my firewall? My antivirus has always been the same since I've had this PC, so I always thought that it blocking LDD access to the Internet wasn't the reason for this.

-EDIT-

I tried interrumping my antivirus, but that did't allow LDD to go online.

Edited by Darking

Just tried, doesn't work either.

I also selected LDD as an exception in the Firewall, but the same message shows when I open the program.

About bug for dish 3960, Superkalle warned you here. :wink:

You made two assumptions there Calabar: 1) that I frequent that thread, and 2) that I'm talking about the original error... I'm displeased because after I repaired several models due to the 4.3.6 dish problem, that problem has now been compounded by the application of a new fix and I will have to redo those same sets all over again.

Also, and as others have pointed out, that post came after my model repairs were made anyway, and there was no indication at that time that the design team would undertake any action to resolve it.

Lastly I'm a big proponent of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and since dish 3960 was working just perfectly in 4.3.5 I see no good reason for it to have been meddled with! :P

@Blip

@Sjuip

I only mean that the problem was known, so don't be surprised if it required extra work to fix again your set.

But, obviously, the problem was there and it is annoying.

That's the risk every time there is a huge update of the brick's palette.

@Blip

@Sjuip

I only mean that the problem was known, so don't be surprised if it required extra work to fix again your set.

But, obviously, the problem was there and it is annoying.

That's the risk every time there is a huge update of the brick's palette.

I surely in now way meant to offend you, my dear Calabar! I was only making fun of my own stupidity of wanting to have my LXFs as updated as possible as soon as possible... :laugh:. Sometimes it seems better to wait. :sceptic:

Anyway, not all problems with Dish 3960 are solved in Brickversion 1033. Try fitting it on top of Wall Element Round 85941 (see set 60010): stil no joy!

Don't worry, I never thought about an offence.

PS: I realized now that we are speaking about 4x4 dish, I was thinking it was a 6x6 dish! :grin: