Sign in to follow this  
Wardancer

Wood Elf Druid + Tree Demon

Many who had the pleasure of meeting an elf conclude that elves embody qualities of a forest on a summer's day, such as hospitality, beauty, ageless wisdom, peacefulness and dignity. However, most who were unfortunate enough to travel a forest in a stormy night will agree that forests also have a threatening, demonic and archaic side. In times of war, Wood Elves tap these powers and direct them to destroy intruders. Many enemies therefore wear an expression of utter surprise on their faces even after they have perished.

Wood Elf Druid

Druids are the key to the forests' dark powers. Their most important activities are summoning various magical creatures and sacrificing enemies in the swamp.

Customized parts: Snowtrooper helmet, backpack cut off, painted dark green, dark green capes cut and glued on. Spear tip painted white.

6606104417_4ff57ab4fe_z.jpg

Front von MWardancer

6606104825_d1bb152f8f_z.jpg

Side von MWardancer

6606104597_78a013fb35_z.jpg

Back von MWardancer

Tree Demon

Please don't step on the trees, they might step on you. Often referred to as Forest Balrog, these Tree Demons are not to be messed with. Never approach them with an axe. If a tree has a circle of mushrooms around it, it is most likely a tree demon. They entangle their enemies in their branches and rip them apart. Many tree demons befriend owls who serve as their air reconnaissance.

Customized parts: Atlantis crab warrior head and claws painted. 1x1 plates with clip painted because for some reason they do not come in reddish brown. Big spikes painted dark green. Torso leaves cut to fit.

6602234777_dd5f5209ec_b.jpg

Front von MWardancer

6602234433_5160873797_b.jpg

Close up von MWardancer

6602235087_b047652889_z.jpg

Back von MWardancer

Edited by Wardancer

Wood Elf Druid: Nice fig, I like the cloth parts on him, plus the clever use of minifig eyebrows for his eyes.

Tree Demon: BWAHAHAHAHA! What clever parts usage for it! And the painting is so exact! Great work on this one! :wub:

Will you maybe be posting more of these figs in this thread? I'd love to see some! :thumbup:

Wow, LOVE that tree demon! Would it be possilbe for some side shots and an image or two of the front without the minifigs? I'd really like to see how that bad boy is built!

Thanks everyone. I'll post some more pics of the Tree Demon tomorrow. He was not easy to make because there are not many reddish brown parts.

The Tree Demon is not supposed to stay alone. My next one will be taller and slimmer and have the hammerhead's head.

atl017.jpg?1

Here some more pics. Had I allowed different colors such as dark brown, brown and regular green, much more would have been possible. But I limited myself to reddish brown and dark green to get colour coherence with the basic elf.

A dark brown version would look even more demonic I guess.

Painting was very unspectacular, there is no mastery behind that. The eyes are not painted by me, this is still the original paint.

6628895739_352c8a293a_z.jpg

. von MWardancer

6628895411_48bec9486c_z.jpg

. von MWardancer auf Flickr

6628897345_d5c5845bce_b.jpg

6628896961_ebeb82ec8d_b.jpg

6628896557_9d78d37fc8_z.jpg

6628896315_c5694b073a_b.jpg

I really like the tree demon, the use of the crab warrior head is inspired.

Out of curiosity, what kind of fabric did you use on the head of the druid?

I really like the tree demon, the use of the crab warrior head is inspired.

Out of curiosity, what kind of fabric did you use on the head of the druid?

Thanks. The fabric is a official Lego elf cape. I had to cut up about 5 capes till I got it right. I practiced with spartan capes first, then with elf capes.

When it was finally done, I accidentally dropped the tip into a bowl of soup. That's why it has the dark stains on the front. I am going to make a new one once I have the nerve.

This is a 3+ years old topic. Please do not revive older topics if you do not have something to add to the discussion. Thank you.