stackables

Counterfeit lego minifigure help..Zombie

Hi, I just recently bought a lot of lego collectable minifigs from ebay for a pretty good price. I found a site that lists a couple of things to look for to help in identifying fake minifigs. One of the criteria was that all lego minfigures have the lego logo on them. I noticed that the minifigs I looked at had the logo inside their feet. Is this true for all?

Also, if you own the zombie from the 1st series, could you please check to see if the logos are inside his feet too. This will help me to make sure that I got authentic lego minifigures. I haven't received the figures but I am going to have the seller double check for me before he sends them.

thanks

I would be suprised if there were copies of CMF's unless they were really bad china rip off's that would stand out a mile, 99% of lego pieces have lego stamped somewhere but not all of them, as the feet all use the same mold they should all have lego printed on them, I have the zombie will check if I get chance if no one beats me too it.

Thanks

Nope, no LEGO print inside the feet of my S1 zombie (which I'm sure is authentic). Quite a few other minifig legs that I checked missed that feature as well, so I wouldn't consider it a reliable factor when it comes to identifying fakes.

The reason for the lack of the logo is that the Collectible Minifigures (and all minifigs produced in the Chinese plant) use slightly different molds than figs produced elsewhere. I've never seen reports of counterfeit Collectible Minifigures, though, so I wouldn't worry too much.

No logo on the stud of the head?

The heads after all are the most valuable part of the zombies from what I've seen.

Check the legs, imbetween the two bits at the top. My CMF Elves have it there, so I imagine the Zombie will.

@Kotaco, The Zombies head stud is hollow, so it won't have the print there,

Check the legs, imbetween the two bits at the top. My CMF Elves have it there, so I imagine the Zombie will.

@Kotaco, The Zombies head stud is hollow, so it won't have the print there,

Yeah, I noticed my star wars minis have the logo inbetween the studs there. Unfortunately, I do not have any of the collectable minifigs to see if they do. Anxious to see if the zombie has this.

Got confirmation that the zombie does indeed have the lego logo inbetween the studs. Hopefully when I get mine, it will have that logo.

It's a Chinese minifigure so it won't have LEGO printed on the underside of the legs. check the connection on the shoulder if there's a molded number in a rectangular indent it's legit.

I wouldn't worry too much about counterfeit CMFs.... yet!

Counterfeiters usually go for the valuable stuff. And if it's not worth their while... they won't bother with it.

However counterfeiting is getting to be a serious problem on the secondary market, especially old rare sets made up of more common parts. Some boxes from 1950s, 1960s and 1970s sets are worth many hundreds of dollars or Euros... and they are being counterfeited quite a bit lately.

Probably the most serious counterfeit issue relating to minifigs in recent years has now been rendered moot. That was the Maersk blue construction helmets, which were only ever found in 1 Maersk promotional set... the 1651 Maersk Line Container Truck of 1980... and those helmets were selling in Bricklink for up to $500. So someone from the far east came out with this counterfeit.....

8240465296_2a259a7b6f_z.jpg

But luckily they got the color wrong... and it was more of a Teal Blue color. And the 10219 Maersk Container Train of 2011 (with 3 Maersk blue helmets) dropped the bottom out of these in value. But still in the future, when LEGO parts start breaking the $100 (80 Euro) barrier... watch out!!!

This image (from a California collector friend) is from my 2,800 page Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (DVD download) - Appendix C - LEGO Counterfeits & Reproduced Boxes/Parts. The entire chapter is devoted to counterfeit parts and boxes/inlays that are starting to show up on the secondary market. They usually show up first on EBAY with "Not Original" for the box, although I haven't yet seen fake parts show up there yet... just parts produced without the LEGO logo (such as the foliage for making custom trees). Also a lot of sticker sheets have been showing up as "reproduced". The problem with reproduced stickers is that they can get resold... and there is the problem... fake stuff that the first buyer knew was fake... and then resells it... and it enters the secondary market.

My chapter on Counterfeits/Reproductions shows 38 images of items to be aware of. Luckily minifigs have not yet had a lot of problems yet. But I can see the rare and valuable white minfig hair with pigtails as being a problem now that the #1 item... the Maersk blue construction helmets are on the "el cheapo" list again... dropping from hundreds of dollars down to just a couple of dollars.

Edited by LEGO Historian

Well, I got my figures in the mail today and the zombie figure has the lego logo between the leg pegs. So looks like everything is legit. Thanks for the help everyone.