Sign in to follow this  
Lyichir

Off-site Reviews

I was wondering if I could start a topic for discussion of a review that isn't posted here. I reviewed a set on The Ninjago Wiki, and as a staff member there I have a vested interest in having the review exclusive to that site, to draw traffic. Nonetheless I'd like to get feedback and answer questions, and I can't think of a better place to do that than here on Eurobricks. I vaguely remember one member posting a link to a review they hosted on their own personal website, but I can't recall whether that was in its own topic or in a topic about the set he was reviewing.

I couldn't find any answers to this question in the guidelines, so I posted it here. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I would say post the review here.

I understand that you want it exclusive to your Site but if that's the case then you should expect to only get comments and discussion on your Site. It's kind of like using our member base for your Site. Every member here would have to first go to your Site to review your review then come back here to comment.

I believe that you only have the best of intentions but this could easily be viewed as you using the Eurobricks member base to increase the hits on your Site. Again I don't get the feeling that is what you are doing, but the way I see it if you want EB to participate in your review you should post it here.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but when you made the decision to make the review exclusive to your Site, you should be okay with the consequences, which in this case is the majority of EB not seeing it.