Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Infection - Conclusion

infection_banner_simple.jpg

The Conclusion

01.jpg

On her way to her quarters Ada Bergsndot met up with a certain huge guy.

"Hey, Khrum, what's up?"

02.jpg

"The end of you, you infected bitch" And he continued to bash her nice head into the floor quite a few times, somewhat surprised when no alien wiener showed up.

03.jpg

Elsewhere Lt. Cmdr Susan Antares was heading to someone else's quarters than her own, when she was met by DAVE, the android.

"Now, bow down before your new overlords, puny human!"

"Hah, I'm sorry, DAVE, but I'm afraid I can't do that."

04.jpg

"Then you must die! And she was electrocuted on the spot.

05.jpg

Upon hearing the noise of all of this security chief Michael Sheridan came running, but seeing his girlfriend dead on the floor was more than he could handle.

06.jpg

"Did I really suck that much as a lover?" he muttered while putting his gun to his head and pulled the trigeer.

07.jpg

"Deliriant iste homini.. hey, what?"

"Uh, eh, I'll just go now"

08.jpg

"No, you must also die, now that we have won!"

09.jpg

Desperately searching through the files of Richard Feynman Florentzia Lizard hardly noticed that Varax Fraa entered her lab.

10.jpg

And for the second time Varax Fraa beat an annoyance to death with his Mufaathi warrior mace.

11.jpg

Taking a shortcut through the meeting room Khrum came upon his wife Wicwa.

"Khrum, honey, I have something to confess, there's someting alive inside me"

"Oh, are you pregnant? That's great news!"

12.jpg

"Not exactly, I'm infected." ZAP.

14.jpg

Suddenly awake from the door to his quarters being overriden manually Leonard Nyer was very afraid.

13.jpg

But too late he realized that he had made fun of Ivan's cooking for the last time.

15.jpg

Elsewhere Ernev Seluj was carrying his most prized possesion, the teddybear Commander Twinklepants, back to his loveshrine when that silly nurse Edna appeared.

"Oh, how cute! May I hug him?"

"No! He's mine! And he doesn't like girls!"

16.jpg

Turning quickly around Ernev blasted the stupid woman with a laser shot from his ass.

(really sorry about the horrible photoshop job there, couldn't find my lego lightning pieces :blush:)

17.jpg

So, congratulations to the winners, the Infected!

Survivors: Dragonator, Inertia, Darth_Legois, Sandy, Mr. Mandalorian

(5/6 of the alien Sla-art-tib-art-t'fa-ast :tongue:)

Thanks to all players for playing, I've had great fun hosting this, even though I've at times been overly stressed due to work and other real life stuff :blush:

All players and their night actions:

Infected:

Dragonator, Inertia, Mr. Mandalorian, Sandy, Darkness Falls

Night actions: 1 kill, 1 blocking each night. They could choose which member of the alien (they were a pack mind) performed what action.

Infected traitor: (had to figure out who the other infected were and hook up with them)

Darth_Legois

Blocker

Shadows

Protector

WhiteFang

Investigator

Svelte

Backup-investigator

Hinckley

Vigilante

I Scream Clone (or whatever his username is today :tongue:)

Backup-vigilante

Stash2Sixx

Cowardly reporter (could follow another player at night and see if they were up to something, or hide in his lab):

simonjedi

No night action, but special

Sir Dillon, miller (would appear as Infected on scans)

Regular, non-infected with no night action:

Bob the construction man (replacement for Black Rabbit)

Eskallon

JimButcher

pedro

Ricecracker

YG-49

Zepher

And I suppose some of you might want a breakdown of how the Hell the game could go from 13 remaining players to Infected victory in just one night, so, here it is:

a) Stash2Sixx, the vigilante decided to kill Zepher, who was non-infected. Thus it's down to 7 non-infected alive.

b) The infected killed Shadows. 6 non-infected remaining

c) As Hinckley and Shadows were lovers Hinckley commited suicide. 5 non-infected alive, versus 5 infected.

d) As there was no way there could now be a majority vote against the infected the game ended.

Now you may commence the flaming and tell me how horrible and unbalanced the game was :tongue:

I'll post the full list of all night actions and their results later on, for now, a bonus pic from my computer while working on the conclusion.

I have to say, I've never deserved to lose more. Great job infected! I can't believe we let Dragonator fly under the radar so obviously. Great game Quarryman. It's hard when there's no clues and we were played pretty well by this group. Only killed one infected? And that was all Svelte's doing. :blush: Yikes.

So, what was with Sarah Ohce's belly scars and why did she show up as infected??

Thanks for a fun game, Quarry.

I am glad the skumpkin got to use his special power at least once :thumbup:

Damn Sir Dillon's vague and unspecified power. It all went downhill from that false result, we were so confused! Can you explain why the results were anomalous and why she thought she had something inside her? I mean in story terms, not in game host terms :grin:

And yay for me! Brilliant even when I have no idea what was going on!

I have to say, I've never deserved to lose more. Great job infected! I can't believe we let Dragonator fly under the radar so obviously. Great game Quarryman. It's hard when there's no clues and we were played pretty well by this group. Only killed one infected? And that was all Svelte's doing. :blush: Yikes.

So, what was with Sarah Ohce's belly scars and why did she show up as infected??

It's been seriously hilarious to observe how well Dragonator has acted on IRC during this whole time, most impressive :grin:

As for Sarah Ohce, well, she was my randomly determined miller, but nothing more particular than that. Here's what I wrote in Dillon's role PM:

You've always felt something is wrong with yourself though, and have some strange scars on your stomach, so it's not quite clear what would show up if you were sent through a medical scanner, but you are not infected.

So, no particularly fancy background stories for that I'm afraid. :blush:

That was the fastest Mafia Game ever. :grin:

There were so many infected! They sure beat the good-guys quickly!

Good work on the game, Quarryman! It was an exciting twist, even though I didn't play. Thanks for adding me to the reserves, too. :wink:

There were so many infected! They sure beat the good-guys quickly!

No, there were only 6, out of which one was out of touch with the rest of them in the beginning. That's actually worse odds for the scum than most mafia games on EB. :wink:

Another note though, I was completely baffled when I saw Sandy's crazy neutral role claim, and even more so when people believed her. :tongue:

Interesting.

I knew I was right with Ivan being infected! No one trusted me, though. I like the Space Odyssey: 2001 quote too. Very clever.

As Striker said, that was a fast Mafia Game.

I was like "Huh", where did the conclusion come from? :wacko:

But after I read through, I must admit that it makes a lot of sense, and to know that the infected has won a landslide victory is just amazing. :thumbup:

I want to know who is the one that killed me on the first night. I was the bodyguard, but I wanted to protect the loyal ones. Unfortunately, that night action of mine was never put in use. :cry_sad:

No, there were only 6, out of which one was of of touch with the rest of them in the beginning. That's actually worse odds for the scum than most mafia games on EB. :wink:

It's just, in Noir, there were only four of us to begin with, so it took a lot longer for the game to end. What made this game end quicker was the more Infected, and that, no offense, you all kept voting off the non-infected during the day.

It was, of course, still quite the thriller regardless how quick the game went by. :thumbup: Nice work, Quarryman.

By the way, I can't believe no one noticed that it isn't Khrum that's in the picture showing the surviving Infected, but it's Wicwa.

I want to know who is the one that killed me on the first night. I was the bodyguard, but I wanted to protect the loyal ones. Unfortunately, that night action of mine was never put in use. :cry_sad:

Actually I think that was one very lucky shot for the Infected, can't recall anything you wrote that pointed to you having that ability. Killing the protector would (and should) be a high priority for the scum, so taking him our early is clearly a good start.

By the way, I can't believe no one noticed that it isn't Khrum that's in the picture showing the surviving Infected, but it's Wicwa.

That's correct though. So I noticed but... Really, it was Wicwa who was infected and Khrum now dead. Duh.

That's correct though. So I noticed but... Really, it was Wicwa who was infected and Khrum now dead. Duh.

I actually took that shot with Khrum in it first, but checked the list of players and realized I had to reshoot it :blush: (those pictures are not online though)

Errr...

Your face is dead? :wacko:

I actually took that shot with Khrum in it first, but checked the list of players and realized I had to reshoot it :blush: (those pictures are not online though)

That explains it. :grin:

Edited by Striker

Actually I think that was one very lucky shot for the Infected, can't recall anything you wrote that pointed to you having that ability. Killing the protector would (and should) be a high priority for the scum, so taking him our early is clearly a good start.

I thought there was an equal chance of the loyal vigilante taking me out as well? Oh well, I am always destined to "doom" in Space related mafia games. :tongue:

By the way guys, I am very curious of everyone's character cards. Let me start the ball rolling,

2nd Lt. Eituze, pilot

Flying the KF Gagarin would normally require two people due to all the necessary handles, buttons, etc that must be controlled at the same time. Or just one alien with four arms. Because of this many Naingo like yourself have found good jobs as pilots in the Tellus Union military. You feel fine and are not infected. You win when all those pesky alien infected no-goods have been thrown out an airlock or otherwise disposed of.

Naingo are also very quick with some of the fastest reflexes of all races in the Tellus Union, so you can protect one person from harm each night. Your target should be sent to me in a PM during the 48 hours the night lasts. If your action is not sent within those 48 hours it won't be counted.

That was quick... we were all fighting with each other while the infected reaped the rewards... megabluck.

Only killed one infected? And that was all Svelte's doing. :blush: Yikes.

*cough* He actually did kill Darkness Falls based on mine and Dillon's accusations. Thanks very much. :tongue:

It's just, in Noir, there were only four of us to begin with, so it took a lot longer for the game to end.

Five. Me, you, Shadows, Reckless Cop, and Legois. And later Hinckley.

I do think six is a lot. That's almost a third of all of the 21 players, and considering the special privileges of the scum (knowing who's on their side, enhanced night actions, teamwork), we barely stood a chance. I remember in the Noir conclusion, TinyP said that he thought the five that he assigned to scum was too much.

Might've been unintentional "metagaming". I did the same thing in Noir- I decided to kill Draggy because he was good, and hey, whaddya know, he has a night action.

Six infected actually makes it a more challenging game, so harder for non infected to win, but it ended up being interesting. Four for Noir worked, since either way, townspeople died to find who is bad. Its really all strategy. I remember reckless cop like it was yesterday :tongue: Its hard to believe Shadows when he isn't a bad guy, since he always plays one, and its default he is a scum usually.

Five. Me, you, Shadows, Reckless Cop, and Legois. And later Hinckley.

Reckless cop YG-49 wasn't Scum. That was AwesomeStar. :wink:

Four for Noir worked, since either way, townspeople died to find who is bad. Its really all strategy.

Five! :laugh:

Gah, can't sleep : :wacko:

So, here's a list of all the sources for the topic descriptions for the different threads, these were all quotes from Babylon 5:

Intro thread - "ready to receive you. The KF Gagarin is open for signup." - paraphrased from the closing lines of the pilot "We are ready to receive you. Babylon 5 is open for business"

Confirmation/Discussion thread - "Who are you? What do you want? " The two fundamental questions in Babylon 5 as asked by the Vorlon and the Shadows.

Day 1 - And so it begins - spoken by Vorlon ambassador Kosh in the last episode of the first season, later reused in the credits sequence for Season 5

Day 2 - You must embrace the madness, let it fire you - said by Centauri ambassador Londo Mollari to his assistant Vir Cotto in episode 17 of sesaon 2.

Day 3 - Between the Darkness and the Light - from the oath of the Grey Council of the Minbari Federation.

Day 4 - ..a bunch of misfits. You really don't have a clue, do you? - the traitorous security guard Jack to Chief of Security Garibaldi in episode 2 of season 2

Day 5 - so much is falling apart out there - Minbari ambassador Delenn to Captain John Sheridan in episode 11 of season 4.

Day 6 - it is too late for the pebbles to vote - Ambassador Kosh in episode 11 of season 1, the full quote has already been posted in the discussion thread, but here it is anyway: "The avalanche has already started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote"

I do think six is a lot. That's almost a third of all of the 21 players, and considering the special privileges of the scum (knowing who's on their side, enhanced night actions, teamwork), we barely stood a chance. I remember in the Noir conclusion, TinyP said that he thought the five that he assigned to scum was too much.

Excuse me, but, enhanced night actions? How?

As for the number of scum it can be debated endlessly, but I'm pretty certain that the only effect it would have had if there were 5 scum in this one was that the game would have lasted one more Day :tongue:. Maybe 6 was too much, maybe not. Could probably have done this with 23 players instead though, but I really don't think it would have had any effect on the game.

Edit:

And checked a couple of earlier games, Mystery Castle had 6 scum out of 21 players, Baritones 2 (which was probably the most well-balanced game we've had on EB) had 6 out of 21, Galactica Paranoia had 7 out of 22 (if you include all that were recruited during the game), (Witch Hunt had as we all know 0 scum :tongue:), Noir actually had 6 too, but that was out of 23.

I just assumed that, like chameleons, the Aprahanti changed skin colour when they were angry. Or sexually excited...

I can't wait for Sandy's new game, 'Red River Rising'! :sweet:

More can be helpful, for easy detection, but hard for accidental voting off of good guys in case they group up.

Less can be helpful, less to beat, but hard for accidental voting off of good guys due to finding a needle in a haystack.

Either way, its what the host thinks is best. :thumbup:

Sign in to follow this