Sign in to follow this  
cilmeron

WIP - U.S.S. Defiant (also SHIPtember)

Started designing this thing 2 years ago but only got around starting to build it less than 2 weeks ago. This is my current progress of my U.S.S. Defiant:

I'm hoping to be able to finish within the next 2 weeks to meet the SHIPtember deadline.

The dimensions are as follows:

Total length: 114 studs

Total width: 80 studs

Looks absolutely incredible! Ben Sisko would be proud! And Dax would also be impressed, though I think Jadzia would be slightly more than Ezri.

My god DS9 would be awesome. But I'm already hitting my cost cap with Defiant. I would love to do DS9, Enterprise (D and E particularly) and heck even Voyager.. I'm not a fan of the show but Intrepid looks pretty sweet.

I've played around in LDD with the Class X shuttle for Defiant though.. maybe I'll retrofit it with a shuttle hangar at some point including the two Class X shuttles.. we'll see.

Edited by cilmeron

Lovely build so far. :thumbup:

I am almost tempted to create DS9 to the same scale.

I'm not sure the Docking Pylons would support themselves though.

I could try using some technic beams but then they might be too massive to look as graceful as they should....

This is a good begining by Jaco van der Molen, but far too small

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/356

This Nano scale model by monsterlego is also quite cute.

http://www.instructa...o-Deep-Space-9/

Edited by Venunder

Almost done in terms of the SHIPtember contest. I'm still in the process of ordering new parts and eventually want to add some LEDs for the warp drive so I won't finish extending on it but overall I'm pretty much finished. i.e. Maybe 30-50 minutes of building left

Edited by cilmeron

looking very sweet!!! because of your build i started ds9 serie's again from season 1. and now puzzeling in ldd with parts for an itrepid-class. quite difficult to get the oval saucersection correct. but that is more because i am not verry good with ldd,

do you already have the crew? (hoping for worf ;D)

Is that the start of a crew I see starting on the bridge?? Can't wait to see them all, but I wonder if you'll choose Jadzia or Ezri?

Short update: Two days ago the whole ship broke apart and I'm currently in the process of putting it back together.. also of course improving on the old weaknesses. Let it be known that the new rebuilded ship will be called U.S.S. Sao Paulo (but ultimately a strong Captain will step up and demand it to be renamed back to Defiant and of course the wish will be granted)

Edit: As for crew - I only made one generic guy so far but there will be all important members represented - and of course it will be Jadzia not Ezri - there's only one true Dax :P

Edited by cilmeron

Until my Lego order arrives this is it.. took me almost two days to rebuild:

21088972908_92676ca46f_z.jpgIMG_20150909_194249 by cilmeron, on Flickr

21266333042_bafae1389e_z.jpgIMG_20150909_194240 by cilmeron, on Flickr

21284897271_b70b94eeaf_z.jpgIMG_20150909_194205 by cilmeron, on Flickr

As you can see, some of the colors are still wrong and a few pieces are missing. Also I'm missing most pieces to build the bridge and crew.. I'm expecting to finalize everything within 2 weeks or so. Later also plan to add some LEDs for the Warp drive.

A ghostbusters HQ? Please Lego get the license for Star Trek, and make this after Cilmeron submits it to Ideas!! Then an Enterprise-D, A, E, no letter, and a real Deep Space Nine.