MOC: Munstraat Police HQ

Back again after a while, but once more there are ideas waiting to be

realised!

This time it is a genuine Dutch police station. An inverted corner building,

which means that a small square will be part of the moc. Although a

police HQ office is not the most original idea, the more fun will it be

to put in as much detail as possible.

5143115654_5494b73790_z.jpg

It should come with a police car, bicycles, the whole thing.

Be aware that it is not finished yet, but just like the other things i've done,

i simply like to take you through the creating process a bit.

Here are the first pics:

5143119376_0af8098516.jpg

5143123218_e95c03d35e.jpg

5143120630_0aa18728cd.jpg

5142516963_c69a37454b.jpg

If you look at the inside of the building, you see clearly (i hope) that a 32x32

baseplate won't be enough this time. I'm thinking of doin the whole thing on

a 48x48 baseplate. Not the exact modular standard, i know. But this time we

simply need one.

One of the ideas i'd like to try out this time is the use of plates and grills to

create a kind of street pattern. Perhaps it is done before, but the use of the

little grooves of these tiles can sometimes be very useful.

5143118090_c3d88ea3bf.jpg

Later on when the lay out is more or less ready, i'll try to use them in the walls

as well, but for now: some brick shopping has to be done!

Cheers!

JJ.

I'm already loving the way you paved the little square. Very Dutch! :classic:

Looking good so far 'Jasper Joppe Geers', I really like the staircase - very good piece of designing.

Can't wait to see the next installment. :sweet:

Can't wait to see how this turns out. It looks very promising so far. Keep us posted. :classic:

Looks great so far... I especially like the patterned paving and the bars/arch "window" for the cell. Looking forward to seeing more!!

Im ablolutely loving this! And its not even finished! :grin:

I adore the woodwork in that little square! :wub:

Kinda my first post, been a member for 4 months and only just remembered my password! :laugh:

Still though, it doesnt matter if it doesn't meet the exact modular standard, I've done my buildings at 24 studs before! I seriously look forward to seeing this one complete!

:laugh: Critical Brick :laugh:

Great building, I really like the spiral staircase and wood floors. Very original.

Wow. The floors are amazing! How innovative! I can't wait to see this finished!

Now I'm just wondering how you get to know the inside so well? :devil:

Looks like a good start and the use of grill plates is a smart idea to get some detail in the walls.

I like the way you have done the wooden square and the staircase, this is a great, accurate and realistic-looking WIP. :thumbup:

Well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Looks very nice. :thumbup:

Will there be a visit from de Cock (with c-o-c-k)? :wink:

BTW Is it not muntstraat or something?

Thanks all so far, although these are just the first

things to tell and show you. More coming up later!

It is funny to read that (nearly) everyone seems to

find the square kind of woodwork, although it should be

brickwork pavement.. haha.

As for the stairs, it actually shows you the problem

that this building is simply too small to make things

work. I'm working on some sort of parapet along with it

but in this case there's just no space.

Now I'm just wondering how you get to know the inside so well? :devil:

Ah, well... ehm.. ehr.. there's a reason for that.. Haha.

I'll tell you the story some other time ok? :classic:

Looks very nice. :thumbup:

Will there be a visit from de Cock (with c-o-c-k)? :wink:

BTW Is it not muntstraat or something?

Yup. I noticed it just now. Can't change it, but doesn't matter!

Anyway, just ordered some bricks, so in a few days some progress

should be made. I'll try to post some of the ideas this weekend.

Cheers!

JJ.

Ok, first of all: if you're not into tweaking bricks, stickering, artwork and/or other additions that initially have nothing to do with bricks, than this is the point to skip this thread. Otherwise, please take a seat and enjoy this one, i've spend all year creating it.

Still i'm not really done (as with all previous mocs from me...) but so far i'm happy enough with it to share it with ya:

Muntstraat Police Head Quarters.

9432547960_c058f1dfa3_z.jpg

I have to point out about this one that it's not really the classic police station we now from the sets or other creations done in the past. That is, no guns, no weapons, no intelligence, nothing of that. This is the lazy police station in Happy Ville to go to if you lost your dog, or need to put the kid right who likes baseball to much and broke your window.

The building

The building itself is done on a 48 x 48 plate, the previous attempt from last year was on 32 x 32 and turned out too small. Like all the regular modulars, it has three floors, all tiled up, and so far two of them worked out with interior. The bottom floor plan is just by me, the second floor plan is a salute to Theo van Doesburg.

9432578286_75a3c2cfcf_z.jpg

On the second floor you'll see some fencing i've done with rubber strings and string. I had to practice a few times to get it

right and the way i wanted it, but in the end it turned out fine. At the point of the strings' crossing i attached a gold plated 1 x 1 plate with a black round plate behind it. This way it stays in place perfectly.

9429809715_f86589c63b_z.jpg

Above these windows (more of which i'll tell you later) there's this 'Crown' of the building. The line of feathers are

attached to a 1 x 1 brick turned upside down, and is created together with the ceiling part of the second floor.

This way i made it possible to add the roof top without the need of tiles.

9429807185_0cddd9b0fd_z.jpg

The interior

When crossing the little square, you can park your bicycle on the left before entering. Just a little idea i had with these tubes.

Upon entering there's this desk, for all your questions, and if you are really, realy bad, then you'll find on the right the two

cell rooms, one of which has an occupant already. Mind the rats though!

If you turn left, you'll see the passage to the staircase, with the coffee machine beside it, (very important to the staff!...)

and turning left once more there's the hall for the motorcycle's and police car. The car still needs to be created though,

instead of the motor cycle's, but i'll come to that later. Let's move upstairs to the second floor.

9429765041_7e1f1d1b9d_z.jpg

9432568726_0c6593e95c_z.jpg

Here we can go left first where the first offices are. most of the people work here, apart from the pick-your-nose and fart contests. On the left there's a coat stand, and after that two spaces for two people to work, computer screen included.

On the other wing there's the copier, file cabinets and larger congress room. As everyone likes a healthy place to work,

some plants might do a good job here. A road map is still missing here, but it is on the to-do list.

Hard to picture it, but this floor has a ceiling as well. Back to the stair case.

9429792275_5afb9543b2_z.jpg

9432563944_70a4eaacb6_z.jpg

9429785377_20e8edf56a_z.jpg

And here we are on the third floor, and it is still empty. The first idea i had was to create a shooting practice area here,

but i think room is too small here. I think i'll turn it into a sort of attick, with old file cabinets and some dusty typewriters

on an ancient desk...

9429764253_98d98b894e_z.jpg

The Windows

As you can see, i've done something to the windows as well. Along with the building's architecture, i created these stained glass windows in a Frank Lloyd Wright style design. It took me some work, and had first sets of windows done to the other mocs first, to get the process the way i wanted it. It's all hand crafted, that's why it took so long to get this one finished.

On the outside of both staircases from floor one and two, there are no windows yet, but they are also on the list to

be finished. I need to work out a design yet for these windows, but i'm not sure yet if they should follow the front windows.

Perhaps something Victorian might fit here just as nice... We'll see.

9429782195_efb5d17930_z.jpg

9432584718_3f27788d87_z.jpg

And then there are these Motor cycles. I had great fun to do the artwork on this, and make it look like a genuine dutch bike.

It is not entirely correct though, here and there i added my own design, just like i designed my own Police logo on the

ouside of the building.

9432539278_427173d54f_z.jpg

Overall i had great fun doing this Moc! There are much more pictures in my Flickr map, please feel free to find out about them.

This Moc's set

As ever, i could add much, much more to it, but in the end it hardly makes any difference, and along the way i got many more ideas for other builidings, so therefore:

See you next Moc!

Edited by Jasper Joppe Geers

*oh2* This is truly a work of art! Really well done!

You've made a great and detailed building already! :thumbup:

Though I'm not a fan of using rubber bands, as they tend to dry out and break. :hmpf_bad: I do love your stained glass windows!

What a beautiful creation JJG, this is just fantastic! The overall design, the AMAZIng level of detail, the colours you've chosen, pure excellence!

These windows are a piece of art, one of the most beautiful works I've seen on LEGO pieces, well done! (..and those 1x1 gold plates... :wub: )

A great thanks for sharing this unique creation with us! :sweet:

Hands-down the best-looking modular building I have ever seen. This is so excellent that I'm just going to look at it a couple of times and then let it slip away into some dark dusty corner of my mind. I can simply not accept that somebody is so much more talented than I am :laugh:

I could start commenting on the details, but there are just so many of them. And that's another "problem": I would never have the patience to put so much time and effort into a single MOC. I'm awestruck. It's overall amazing.

Edited by L@go

Absolutely amazing, you did an outstanding job. :thumbup:

How about a dojo on the attic, or some riot gear since they don't need it unless for show. :laugh:

Love it, and thanks for sharing.

Wow JJG, this is simply amazing. And you're right, I'm not a fan of rubber band and string used like that, but even ignoring that, this MOC is great. Using the feathers for the roof decoration is very original. And did you hand-paint all those windows yourself?

The 'simplified' police striping is still instantly recognizable as Dutch. I just don't think they use red and blue flashing lights, just blue.

WOOOAAAAHHH!!!!

You Sir, are out of control with brilliant techniques.

This is truly remarkable!

I love the trans black flags used as dividers.

*oh2* This is truly a work of art! Really well done!

You've made a great and detailed building already! :thumbup:

Though I'm not a fan of using rubber bands, as they tend to dry out and break. :hmpf_bad: I do love your stained glass windows!

What a beautiful creation JJG, this is just fantastic! The overall design, the AMAZIng level of detail, the colours you've chosen, pure excellence!

These windows are a piece of art, one of the most beautiful works I've seen on LEGO pieces, well done! (..and those 1x1 gold plates... :wub: )

A great thanks for sharing this unique creation with us! :sweet:

Hands-down the best-looking modular building I have ever seen. This is so excellent that I'm just going to look at it a couple of times and then let it slip away into some dark dusty corner of my mind. I can simply not accept that somebody is so much more talented than I am :laugh:

I could start commenting on the details, but there are just so many of them. And that's another "problem": I would never have the patience to put so much time and effort into a single MOC. I'm awestruck. It's overall amazing.

Absolutely amazing, you did an outstanding job. :thumbup:

How about a dojo on the attic, or some riot gear since they don't need it unless for show. :laugh:

Love it, and thanks for sharing.

WOOOAAAAHHH!!!!

You Sir, are out of control with brilliant techniques.

This is truly remarkable!

I love the trans black flags used as dividers.

Many thanks all, happy to share it!

And did you hand-paint all those windows yourself?

Hi Rick, Yes i did. It is all hand-crafted, and designed by my hands. I thought it would be a good thing to show a bit more of myself as graphic designer, and this way i grabbed my chance! ;)

Indeed really amazing with lots of nice details! :thumbup:

On the 3rd floor, how about combining storage for old stuff on one side and some kind of gym or dojo as L-space suggested on the other?