Erynlasgalen

5th guild- Wyndgardiam

Whew just made it under the deadline :)

Guild name: Wyndgardiam

get_attachment.jpg

Guild Location: Wyndgardiam settlers can be found sailing and living in the seas surrounding the Historica mainland. While the majority of the citizens congregate in the warmer southern waters, some brave souls have set off and formed colonies in the frozen northern waters.

7981186616_707b3274ab_z.jpg

Ruler: Not much is known about the Ruler of Wyndgardiam, Aitheria, some say she was born from the waters of Historica and sent to rule over this land- others say she simply ran away and sought freedom on the open waters of the sea. Courageous and resourceful, she quickly gained the people’s favor and was chosen to watch over the many varying settlements.

Colors: The guild colors are blue and gold, representing the heavens above and the wide waters that sustain the people of this guild.

7981186428_4ef8c817ed_z.jpg

Characteristics: Wyndgardiam citizens have been known to have the longest life spans of anyone in Historica due to the amount of fresh seafood they eat each day and the abundant amount of vegetation that is grown on the islands. There are many varied tribes of people across the waters, ranging from mere humans, to colonies of mer-people, and rogue criminals of all shapes in sizes sailing the waters.

Capitol and Land: Located on an island in the southern sea, the Capitol Kealani, is the largest and most populated area of Wyndgardiam. The gold capped white spirals of the city can be seen for miles, and are reminiscent of the crown of Neptune himself. Due to the tropical climate of the islands, the people rarely go hungry due to the varied island plant life and abundant sea life brought in each day.

Floating raft towns can be found sprinkled around the sea, providing weary sea travelers with amenities not usually found in so far from the mainland. Some rafts have even been outfitted with small plots of land and simple rain collectors to provide fresh fruits and vegetables in the middle of nowhere.

If you travel to the ragged cliffs that dot the Oceanside of Historica, you may run across one of the famous hanging cities filled with Wyndgardiam citizens. Build directly attached to the cliffs and extending into the caverns and caves, these mainland cities provide much needed shelter from long sea voyages, and are the main trading ports for the guild.

get_attachments.jpg

Flourishing communities can be found on many of the surrounding islands, and the citizens live a relatively peaceful life far from the mainland. However, there always seem to be some who’s hearts are corrupted and love the chaos of preying on others. Wyndgardiam unfortunately is not totally immune to these souls and unfortunate travelers who stray into the far Eastern sea are often met by unsavory bands of criminals bent on robbing them of everything. Rumors of brutal towns existing on the far islands are often whispered about, but anyone who goes in search of them never return to confirm the tales.

7981186504_5761a7df13_m.jpg

get_attachment_aspx.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy it!

Great entry Erynlasgalen, I love the FP microscale castle in your vig, very cool! :thumbup: The blue and gold standard colours suit the guild well too. Best of luck with this strong entry! :classic:

Great job, there have been a lot of great entires, I'm really curious to see who the Guild leaders will choose!

Great job, there have been a lot of great entires, I'm really curious to see who the Guild leaders will choose!

As am I, who will be the new leader?

Nicely done Erynlasgalen! The vignette is beautiful and I like your colorscheme and figs :thumbup:

Glad you entered in time :classic:

I'm glad you finished this up in time - it's a very solid entry. The island concept works well, and you have fleshed out a number of areas and inhabitants. I love the microscale MOC, it works superbly here, and it makes your entry stand out. Also, you may have one of my favorite militaries - that shield works very well, as does the color scheme. Lastly, I love your final picture!

Excellent entry!

That first pic is one of the pics I'm using as an idea source for my castle! :laugh: I really like your Leader and soldiers! And nice vignette and story as well!:thumbup:

I love this! The figs look great as does the FP build. But, I think that the health benefits of this diet are very informative and would benefit all members of GoH if we could increase trade with this guild. :wink:

Really nice job with this. I love the microscale castle. I'm just going to have to build a micro castle -- I've seen so many great ones here on GoH recently. And that fishing boat is great; I know how difficult it is to make small brick-built LEGO boats. I think the eastern coast of Kaliphlin is a great location for a few of these cities -- lots of mountainous cliffs along the fjords there.

Your micro scale castle is really cool, and the waterfall is so simple but perfect. The fishing net is also well executed, nice entry!

Simply brilliant presentation. Your figures and vig are both excellent and the photography really brings them out. Love the grumpy leader, what head is she using? That castle on its own is fantastic, and the way you have created the perspective is superb, the perspective works beautifully.

Lots of fresh small fish is a very good diet, I hope it can help us overcome evil!

Best of luck in the contest

:classic:

Really nice matching colours! :classic:

Also great minifigs :classic:

And I love your 20x20 minibuild! That microcastle is just crazy!

I think this is my favorite vignette! All the colors used are working great and the fishing boat is just stunning, also the figs on the boat are excellent. Than the combination with the microscale build at the background= :wub:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Thanks for all the comments everyone- I really had fun doing this one. I almost forgot how I enjoyed doing smaller builds since all the challenges seem to come out massive, lol.

Love the grumpy leader, what head is she using?

I had to do some searching, I originally thought it was from the female viking from the Series 7 collectable figs. It turns out it is the female head from the Village Mill Raid, although they are both very simliar.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626bpb594&in=M