Sign in to follow this  
Lego Parrot

Pirate Stronghold

My medium and final entry to the contest. The guy over the barrel is to be cooked becuase he was provoking the pirates. The poor chap below him was his friend. What a sad ending for both.

dscn0493.jpg

dscn0512.jpg

dscn0510.jpg

dscn0514.jpg

Link to pictures...these are the essential ones. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=353763

Good luck everyone! I hope you guys have a great time MOCing! :jollyroger:

Edited by Lego Parrot

Nice work Lego Parrot. :pir-classic:

I really like the speared skeletons, they look very spooky. The large rock BURP is well-used in your entry.

However, there are quite a few things that could be improved upon.

Some things that you could improve:

1) You can actually deep-link up to 6 pictures in your entry thread. I think you should do this so the viewer can see all of the details.

2) I think it would be nice if you wrote a little intro or story behind your entry, so that people can understand what exactly what's going on.

3) Do you perhaps have 2 pieces of white paper you could put down for a clean photo background?

4) I'm not sure what the man is doing over the barrel, but I think there should be something in the barrel that corresponds to what he's doing.

==========================================================================

I think the main thing you could fix at this point would be to add a few more pictures to your entry thread and to write a little story behind your entry.

Then it will be easier to appreciate what's happening.

The entry looks pretty good I think.

Good luck!

Nice nice nice canon... but what part did you use at the end (the round brick) ?

Thx in advance... grtz, Kurt

I think that it would be great if you were to put some trans-clear plates in the bucket to look like water.

That way it would look more like he will be cooked in my opinion.

Nice work putting more pictures in the thread, that's a nice improvement. I still think you could have a story with a bit more substance, but that's not a big deal.

nice entry ^^ I like it , and I agree with Erdbeereis1, some trans plates in the bucket would be great^^

anyway, I wish you good luck for the contest^^

Looks good so far, Lego Parrot. I really like the skeletons on the halberds, very spooky. I also like the cruelty here, especially with that skeleton on the stairs.

What could be improved:

I think you should add some trans-clear plates to the pot, and perhaps some vegetables to better illustrate the concept that the person is going to be cooked. I also suggest adding tiling and/ or trans-clear plates to the water beneath the "dock". I would also consider removing that BURP, and replacing it with smaller bricks so you have some room to add water to that area.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully you'll take these suggestions into mind before the contest ends. Good luck! :pir-classic:

My opinion:

That is a nice fortification you build here, Lego Parrot! And you added cruelty accoding to the PTV traditions! Well done :thumbup: .

Possible improvements:

1) I really don't like the white above the water. i would replace it with grey bricks.

2) I would also add some cannonballs and a black loading stick next to the cannon, this makes it more dangerous to the enemy :pir-laugh: .

3) I agree about adding vegetables and perhaps other meat to the pot to show its dinner time! If you don't have such bricks, just add some small 1/3 green and red bricks.

4) Some minor points: add a plume to the tricorne hat, the torso of the man loosing his arm could be more piraty,

Non-brick related advise:

1) try to leave some space between your pictures. You also might want to take even more pics to show us, like some zoom-ins!

2) Do you have the ability to add a white background or even a digital one?

Prettey good pictures. I like the skeletons on the spears. Why is one pirate holding the mand over the bucket it dosent make sence. The set is prettey good and ill give it a 3 out of 5.

Opinion

Lego Parrot, you have created a very interesting MOC. The mini castle you have made is very nice. I do like how you have all the skeletons on spears. The little cannon you have made looks good and you have created it nicely. I like how the pirates are going the boil the villager that had upset the pirates. Ah, I see you have added a rainbow parrot. I also like that you have included the new pirates.

Possible Improvements

1) I would put some tiles on you MOC to give it a smoother effect.

2) I would put some blue bricks in the pot to look like he is going to be boiled.

Non-Brick Related

1) It would be nicer if you had a longer story.

2) If you had a white background, it would look nicer.

Overall- I really like the idea you have. But you need to explain more in your story what is happening. There are some other minor things to fix, but other than that, it is great. I wish you the best of luck!

LegoKing