GORF

Possible PTV Contest Extention for Holiday

Greetings all you pirates!

I am so excited to finish my entry but I must say I have been super busy with work and study and still need much time to complete my sinister large entry.

I know it is a lot to ask but perhaps some others may agree that extending the contest at least another 2 weeks or so would really be great for some of us to make the final additions to our entry. I suggest this because I have been so busy with study and papers and soon I will have holiday and so much time to spend with Lego!

I have also noticed that some members have been able to include elements from the new Lego Pirate line. The new Pirate line is not yet readily available in my area and I would love to incorporate some of the new pieces into my entry!

I hope the staff here at Eurobricks would be kind enough to consider an extension if enough members also wish for the same. I must say I am very stressed with study at the moment and the prizes are just far to wonderful to let slip away!

Please don't make me resort to begging! :pir_bawling::cry_happy:

GORF :jollyroger:

Good Lord Man! This contest has run for almost 10 weeks those who submitted their entries at the beginning are probably getting very restless.

Instead of beg, get a petition together of others who want an extension, if you can find 50 people to voice their agreeance then we may consider it... But that's only a "may", so no promises.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel any need to extend it. 10 weeks is a long time, very long, especially for one contest. I understand some may not have heard about it, or not started until late, but those are circumstances beyond the contest holder's control, and goes down to the personal planning of the contestants.

I realize some may be late and still want to participate, but just like alot of things with deadlines, somewhere, someone has to draw the line, and be a hard megablocks.

I may not be backed up by many members here, but this is what I feel is justified.

I totally agree with brickmaster,

When I learnt about the contest I started to build immediately, I have a real life too but I ignored my other hobbies (and lost my team on TF2, missed some party with friends... but I don't care XD ), and now I regret to have finished my entry in the ORIGINAL delay , just 6-7 days before the end... ( the original delay was the 31 October... )

I had to destroy it ( I live in a little apartment with my girlfriend and it took too much places) but now I bought some set that gave me interesting parts...I also have new Ideas, and it's too late, I have no time to build it again, and I will not do it even if the contest is extended to the end of 2009 (I'm exaggerating a little XD ).

remember that the contest is up for 3 months now... 3 month to build something is more than enough I think, if you can't achieve a Moc in 3 months, you really have a busy life... when I was at high school, I always managed to have some times for hobbies...

and yes some people included the new pirates line, but some others didn't even had some pirates set at all, but their entry are very cool too... ( not talking about me, I had a few pirates sets, 3 or four little sets /old impulses )

So I did my best, I found time to build it in less than 1 month and half, and I think that 3 months is more than enough to build something, but don't worry, there will be a lot of other contest you'll be able to participate, this one is surely not the last!

So I don't really want to see it extended again.. that starts to be really boring, 3 days ago, it seemed like everyone forgot about the contest, no one was posting here... but when Mister Phes made the new mini-feedback contest, everyone started to post again...a little... a lot of peoples forgot this contest before he did it... so I really think that we don't need any extended time to it.

I completely agree with the above two posts.

If you supply a deadline, you need to stick to it otherwise people will see you as being untrustworthy and won't enter competitions at all. So if you are really having trouble completing your MOC, you should have managed your time better. No sympathy here.

I really hope the contest doesn't get extended, because that's unfair on all those contestants who busted their boiler to get their entries done on time.

Completely out of the questionif you ask me.

A big no-no.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel any need to extend it. 10 weeks is a long time, very long, especially for one contest. I understand some may not have heard about it, or not started until late, but those are circumstances beyond the contest holder's control, and goes down to the personal planning of the contestants.

I realize some may be late and still want to participate, but just like alot of things with deadlines, somewhere, someone has to draw the line, and be a hard megablocks.

I may not be backed up by many members here, but this is what I feel is justified.

I totally agree with brickmaster,

When I learnt about the contest I started to build immediately, I have a real life too but I ignored my other hobbies (and lost my team on TF2, missed some party with friends... but I don't care XD ), and now I regret to have finished my entry in the ORIGINAL delay , just 6-7 days before the end... ( the original delay was the 31 October... )

I had to destroy it ( I live in a little apartment with my girlfriend and it took too much places) but now I bought some set that gave me interesting parts...I also have new Ideas, and it's too late, I have no time to build it again, and I will not do it even if the contest is extended to the end of 2009 (I'm exaggerating a little XD ).

remember that the contest is up for 3 months now... 3 month to build something is more than enough I think, if you can't achieve a Moc in 3 months, you really have a busy life... when I was at high school, I always managed to have some times for hobbies...

and yes some people included the new pirates line, but some others didn't even had some pirates set at all, but their entry are very cool too... ( not talking about me, I had a few pirates sets, 3 or four little sets /old impulses )

So I did my best, I found time to build it in less than 1 month and half, and I think that 3 months is more than enough to build something, but don't worry, there will be a lot of other contest you'll be able to participate, this one is surely not the last!

So I don't really want to see it extended again.. that starts to be really boring, 3 days ago, it seemed like everyone forgot about the contest, no one was posting here... but when Mister Phes made the new mini-feedback contest, everyone started to post again...a little... a lot of peoples forgot this contest before he did it... so I really think that we don't need any extended time to it.

I completely agree with the above two posts.

If you supply a deadline, you need to stick to it otherwise people will see you as being untrustworthy and won't enter competitions at all. So if you are really having trouble completing your MOC, you should have managed your time better. No sympathy here.

I really hope the contest doesn't get extended, because that's unfair on all those contestants who busted their boiler to get their entries done on time.

Completely out of the questionif you ask me.

A big no-no.

I agree with these three guys. A contest is a contest and it has it rules. You have had almost ten weeks to make your MOC.

There was pleeeenty of time. And even though I haven't built my small entry yet (and probably won't have the time to do this next week), I agree that extending it is a bad idea.

I've just finished my large entry, working my butt off in hopes of getting it done before the deadline, so an extension to the time limit would really be unfair - and quite a blow against my face.

Ten weeks is a helluva long time to build an entry, no amount of excuses can change that. I started late, but I managed to finish the entry nevertheless. So quit complaining and start building if you want to participate! :tongue:

I agree with the people above- we've had plenty of time, too much, IMO. I just want to finish reviewing people's entries and see the winners. :pir-sceptic:

I agree, we had lots of time, and while I still need to put the finishing touches on my small and medium entries, I'm sure I can get it done in time.

Sorry to hear that you might be too busy to finish, but there are more important things than LEGO anyway. :pir-classic:

Thank you to those who responded politely and without presumption. To the others, please note that I really don't need to hear anyone tell me that I didn't manage my time correctly or something to that effect. Until you walk in my shoes, and know how much time I have already put into my entry and what responsibilities and tasks fill up the majority of my time, you might find that your opinion would change. :-)

I agree a deadline is a deadline and is set for a reason. Let us pretend that I never brought it up. :-)

Please look forward to my Large (Gigantic! haha!) PTV Contest entry coming ASAP!!! It is over 80% complete so if I cant make the contest deadline, I will still post it for your feedback and enjoyment. ;-)

GORF :jollyroger:

well, I hope that you'll finish your entry, and anyway I want to see it^^ we never have enough pirates mocs!

If you thought I was rude or that I had " presumption "

I, too , know what is it to be busy, I gave up playing Lego during 10 years because I was busy..

If you can't do something because you're out of time, just don't do it, it's not an obligation to participate to this contest. It's what I think.. and what I do, I'm going to build something for the CCC, the castle contest, but I know it'll not be finished in time, so I'll just show it as a normal moc^^ ( I didn't finished my medium entry for the PTV as well, but I don't know if I'll had the time to.. anyway I don't want an extention.. )

I hope that you'll not take it like an aggression, I really wish that you'll find some time to finish it before the end of the contest, but I think that it was long enough.