Hello everyone,

about two years ago my husband and I decided to build our own version of the Cafe Corner since the original LEGO set was already too expensive. I switched some colours, replaced rare bricks with less expensive alternative bricks and added some details on the inside.

14717499443_186c453030_n.jpg

After this long period it was time for some restoration and renovation. I didn't like the colours anymore and it didn't match my other modulars very well. So, here it is, the new version of the Cafe Corner. One level added, a new floor plan and new furnishings and decorations.

26612625556_5e90313532_c.jpg

26573672451_9357e044f6_c.jpg

The cafe on the ground floor mainly stayed the same.

26612631546_8639306757_c.jpg

There are now two modern and stylish rooms on the second and third floor, each with en-suite bathroom.

26612624886_f6fb27f4cc_c.jpg

26612622976_fa6dbf27c1_c.jpg

The biggest and most comfortable room is located on the top floor.

26573666331_8e5907a4e5_c.jpg

26612629386_dd9746a035_c.jpg

26612630726_cef7558fd6_c.jpg

26033309994_0363aa4dbd_c.jpg

More pictures of the old and the new Cafe Corner can be found here.

Ohh :oh: , what a lovely built with so much detail, like the colors more than in the previous version. I don't know the official design of the set, but your the rooms look really great. Only thing I don't get is why the room with the double bed has a smaller bathroom than the room with a single bed. :tongue: I understand the building is with an elevator, isn't it? How is that designed? I was thinking about integrating an elevator in my recent house but didn't go there in the end.

Very classy--the interiors are great! I like the personal touch of the flags on the roof.

Already saw this on flickr. What a nice twist on a classic building.

Really dig the exterior design on the upper levels. Not sure if I like the omission of the tower, the corner window looks off a bit.

What really steals the show is the interior, though. Love all the details and general design of the rooms and also the cafe. When I built my own version of CC, I ade an interior for the cafe but not for the upper floors. Compared to my solution, yours looks a lot sleeker.

Oh wow! Simply brilliant! Same question as polarstein's, how do the occupants move between floors? Via an elevator?

Great work Palixa, your project is one I've wanted to try for a long time...Did you just 'have' all the bricks on hand, or were there any that warranted a bricklink order?

A nicely done Mod of the cafe corner. Colour scheme is very refreshing. Having an additional floor makes the building look much more grand. And you have a great interior throughout from the cafe up through the rooms.

I really love the colour scheme. The layout of the rooms and the addition of an elevator.Great Mod.

Looks great indeed!! The only thing i would not do is using too much Friends-stuff, but that is just personal.. For the rest.. really nice looking MOC!

Absolutely awesome MOC! The Gray, Dark Blue, and White really work well for this building.

Thank you all very much for your positive and kind comments!

Ohh :oh: , what a lovely built with so much detail, like the colors more than in the previous version. I don't know the official design of the set, but your the rooms look really great. Only thing I don't get is why the room with the double bed has a smaller bathroom than the room with a single bed. :tongue: I understand the building is with an elevator, isn't it? How is that designed? I was thinking about integrating an elevator in my recent house but didn't go there in the end.

Yeah, well, I guess you can't have everything :laugh: No, it's just the only floor plan I came up with, where there's enough room for the elevator, two rooms with separate bathrooms and where no wall collides with any window.

Oh wow! Simply brilliant! Same question as polarstein's, how do the occupants move between floors? Via an elevator?

The elevator is designed the same way like LEGO did it in the town hall (You can find some pictures in the review thread). The only difference is that my elevator "opens" on two adjacent sides (which is totally unrealistic). The yellow doors are the elevator doors.

Great work Palixa, your project is one I've wanted to try for a long time...Did you just 'have' all the bricks on hand, or were there any that warranted a bricklink order?

I had almost all bricks (thanks to a Star Wars loving husband there's a huge grey brick collection :sweet:). I had to order only some of the white rounded window frames and a few dark grey slopes.

Looks great indeed!! The only thing i would not do is using too much Friends-stuff, but that is just personal.. For the rest.. really nice looking MOC!

That's understandable. I wanted a contrast to the rather monochrome colours on the outside and I like Friends. So that was the perfect choice for me :wink:

This looks really fantastic! what were the parts substitutions you made, other than the colors, obviously?

This looks really fantastic! what were the parts substitutions you made, other than the colors, obviously?

These are the main substitutions I made for the first MOD:

73312.gif=60596.jpg+60623.jpg

73312 ==> 60596 + 60623

43888.gif = 3005.gif+3062b.jpg

43888 ==> 3005 + 5x 3062

73435c01.gif =60596.jpg+60616.jpg+ 3070b.jpg

73435c01 ==> 60596 + 60616 + 3070b

2362b.gif=87544.jpg

2362b ==> 87544

4132.gif+4133.gif=60594.jpg + 3854.gif

4132 + 4133 ==> 2x 60594 + 2x 3854

Since the new doors are 1 plate higher than the original ones I had to make some more adjustments. There are some more substitutions due to the use of an elevator instead of stairs for example. Most of the other changes were colour changes (dark red slopes are expensive :wink:). For the gray Cafe Corner I clearly used a lot more different bricks.

(all images are taken from bricklink)

Edited by Palixa And The Bricks