3995962972_37fca51925.jpg

3995201247_3a37a397ef.jpg

3995201177_379317a34f.jpg

3995201119_444b05b152.jpg

And the figs:

3995201021_1704fc2746.jpg

Comments and critics welcome

~Badboy

p.s. Are creative critics allowed to enter the competition?

Very nice, is the Captains legs one han solo, and one pegleg?

I like how you did the water but my only comlplaint is the edge of the water where you cna see the bottom of the bricks. It's no big deal, but I think adding a few more bricks so it kind of runs off the picture would be nice.

Still a good scene, I wish I was there right now.

I love it.

There are many great things in this MOC - first I'd like to say that I love the choice of minifigs. They're excellent although I find myself feeling a bit weirded out when I look at the bartender... what are those eyes.

Next, the palm tree looks absolutely stunning with that plant creeping up from bottom to top.

The water also looks great although it might look even better if it weren't so stricktly arranged :pir-blush:

I also like how you've built the bar. There are many great ideas there, like the wineglasses that hang upside down, and the handle attached to perhaps a fustage with beer. The two chairs are very nice indeed. Good and original idea using two sea shells for cushins.

This MOC is not completely true to it's time (considering that there probably weren't bars back then with functions such as beer from a tap. ) BUT it reminds me of "Monkey Island TM" - and I love those games. I say great great work on this entry!

curse-of-monkey-island-36102.jpg

Seashells for bar stools! Absolutely brilliant!!! :pir_laugh2:

Lorentzen, hush about that MI connection there! Hope I'll be able to give you something to smile about if I get enough free time to built my entry for this contest :imperialguard_commander1:

Back to this entry though - I love the idea of "chilling by the sea" there, badboy! Simple, yet perfectly appropriate & neat! My only request would be to somehow cover up the holes on the bottom of the bricks there... They kind of ruin the sea feeling for me :/ I also think that adding a few waves & ripples to the water level would greatly improve the looks of the seashore there :)

Best of luck in the contest! And thanks for that summer vibe you've brought to us - feels nice, especially with the last days of the summer already behind us this year...

This is really fantastic! The colors and MOC overall are great. This looks like a real fun place to hang out. And you've even included my favorite torso all times, the Imperial Armada torso with black belt :pir-wub:. I never thought of using the new governors head with that torso, but it looks great. I'll give that a try myself.

Very nice, is the Captains legs one han solo, and one pegleg?

I like how you did the water but my only comlplaint is the edge of the water where you cna see the bottom of the bricks. It's no big deal, but I think adding a few more bricks so it kind of runs off the picture would be nice.

Still a good scene, I wish I was there right now.

The legs on the captain are from the Indiana Jones minifig. I had some troubles with the water to. But I ran out of dark blue bricks so I couldn't make the see any longer. I could take new pics and make it look like the see runs out of the picture. Maybe I'll do that if I have some spare time tomorrow.

I love it.

There are many great things in this MOC - first I'd like to say that I love the choice of minifigs. They're excellent although I find myself feeling a bit weirded out when I look at the bartender... what are those eyes.

It's an anime head from the exo force series. I believe she's called Hitome. I personally really like the head. But the eyes are different indeed. It's dual printed so she can look angry at drunk and enoying customers. :pir_laugh2:

Back to this entry though - I love the idea of "chilling by the sea" there, badboy! Simple, yet perfectly appropriate & neat! My only request would be to somehow cover up the holes on the bottom of the bricks there... They kind of ruin the sea feeling for me :/ I also think that adding a few waves & ripples to the water level would greatly improve the looks of the seashore there :)

Best of luck in the contest! And thanks for that summer vibe you've brought to us - feels nice, especially with the last days of the summer already behind us this year...

Your welcome, I love the summer and I really tried to capture a summer vibe in this moc. Making the see was the hardest part. But I think it turned out nice. I'd cover up the bottom holes but I ran out of dark blue bricks. Humn maybe I can cover it up with tiles and some snotwork. I'll give it a trie. Id like to add waves and ripples to the water but I wouldn't know how to do so. Any suggestions?

Furthermore I'd like to thank you guys for your kind words. I appreciate all comments and critics.

~Badboy

Id like to add waves and ripples to the water but I wouldn't know how to do so. Any suggestions?

You need to look no further than our very own Classic-Pirates.com forum to find some wonderful (and recent) examples of waves built out of LEGO, such as this medium big wave included in michaelozzie's dramatic MOC or Erdbeeris' top-notch solution to the problem of realism in water... The trans-clear cheese technique is obviously quite innovative and if I were you, i'd try to implement something along those lines, using trans-clear slopes to recreate the effects of waves and ripples. Trying 1/2 brick offsets (especially with your SNOT base) and different shades of blue could also help achieve a realistic look. Even though your base is SNOT - unlike the ones I've provided links to - I think that you can still draw some inspiration from them and add your own twist to the idea... that should provide for extra votes in the Contest! :pir-wink:

Thanks for the aditional links and comment. I greatly appreciate it. Ill search some more brickshelf folders looking for realistic water. But I don't want to make to big waves because the bar would loose it's focus. I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks!

~Badboy

Fun concept nice work!

I think the water gets a little dark to fast. I suggest removing the blue altogether, but maybe a little more transition from the light blue to the immediate dark blue would help.

The sand on the beach is a nice touch and the bar is fantastically well put together.

The plume in Trans-Orange :pir_laugh2: is a little misplaced. Is his hat on fire or something. :jollyroger: I would suggest changing it to a different color or just removing it all together.

Great entry and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for PTVII.

Edited by NewRight

I really enjoy the MOC as a whole. You took one picture without showing the bottom of the brick and I think that picture is your best. I know most have already said that seeing the bottom of the brick bothers them so I won't dwell on that too much.

What I enjoy most about this MOC is that you have done a very good job of using non-pirate pieces for a pirate scene. The non-pirate minifig parts and other small accesories really look great in this creation. I also LOVE how you have the glasses hanging upside down just like they would in a real bar. I don't know if that was done during pirate times but to me that is such a good idea that I could car less. Overall the MOC just screams bar to me and in that case I think you accomplished exactly what you wanted to do.

Good job!

-martinsuper

Thanks guys for all the nice words, compliments and critiques. I'm afraid I won't be able to change the MOC since I'm very buissy with school and such.

~Badboy

Nice concept, good to see the factions getting along so well... The build is also really good and detailed. You really used every stud well. The face of that bar lady is really giving me the creeps though: why don't you just use the admiral's daughter's head that's in the current pirates line?

The face of that bar lady is really giving me the creeps though: why don't you just use the admiral's daughter's head that's in the current pirates line?

This goes back a long time! I've always hated the standard smiley for a (female) face (there are people who love it, since it's a classic, I'm not one of them), so I was very happy when lego produced this head:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bp02

After a while this head became to generic. Every female fig had that face, until lego made the island babe, the ice planet babe and the rock raider babe. Those were the first actual detailed female faces. And when lego first made the female head, like the one of the admeral's doughter, I really liked it. But now lego has been using it for all the female fig, which results in the fact that I started to find that head boring. So that's why. I used the exo forse head because it looks slightly exotic.

~Badboy