Sign in to follow this  
Thego

Custom Lak Sivrak

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place - should it be in Star Wars or in Minifig Customisation Workshop? Please move it if I've put it in the wrong place.

Anyway, I'm sure some of you clever people have already done this but I couldn't see it anywhere on here, so I thought I'd share. I was looking to make a Lak Sivrak to go in my Hoth scene and found a simple customisation. Does it work ok?

equation.jpg

lak1.jpg

Obviously, I could have done something with his feet (perhaps a tooth piece in brown if they made them?) but I didn't want anything too ugly in there.

lak2.jpg

Could also be given a Rebel Pilot torso and legs as he was a pilot for the Rebellion? Any thoughts appreciated.

Since this primarily deals with a custom fig, I'll move this to the MCW forum and leave a link here so that the SW fans can still follow it.

Nice purist customization BTW, a simple swapping of the body makes for a pretty good Lak Sivrak fig. :thumbup:

I actually had the same thought about the utility of the Werewolf for Star Wars a while ago.

Hrm - this topic got moved while I was digging through my old posts to make this one. I typically don't hang out in Minifig Customization Workshop, as I was under the impression it was specifically meant for part modders, custom third-party stuff from Brickforge, etc. and I'm quite the purist myself. For those of us who just want to swap heads and hairpieces and whatnot to create our own variations, this is still the place to talk about it, then?

I had no idea who this character was so I googled him. He has the most hilariously terrible death I've ever read.

Nice custom though.

I had no idea who this character was so I googled him. He has the most hilariously terrible death I've ever read.

Even more hilariously terrible than Chewie's?

On-topic: Purist minifigure customs are great, because even though pretty much anyone with some money can replicate them, it takes some innovation to think of one. Nice work. Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina was certainly an interesting piece of Expanded Universe lit.

I like this simple and effective purist custom.

:shark: Maybe you could add to the detailing of him with these?

970c00pb100.jpg?1

Only just seen this - that's a great idea. I'm going to have to give it a go. Where are those legs from?