Sign in to follow this  
Torgar

The Halls of Azdal

The Halls of Azdal is an ancient dwarven stronghold located in the southern mountains of Mitgardia. It was once home to thousands of dwarfs, but only a few remain who remember stories of thoes days... It is now solely a burial chamber for the Ancient Dwarven Kings Elkas the Wise and Rendar the Brave. Brego Adalstan and a group of Mitgardian refugees have taken sanctuary from the elementals summoned by Victor Revolword and erected a war camp in and around these forgotten halls.

Overview:

8166788282_b3e5f490d6_z.jpg

8166789498_aa6037e95d_z.jpg

8166790534_04404ddccb_z.jpg

The door:

8166791718_f0d7f226ee_z.jpg

A blacksmith, bridge, and practice area have been built above the Halls:

8166762177_8486cc62fa_z.jpg

8166793284_c3ffe4857a.jpg

8166762867_9579ac27c6.jpg

The top can be taken off for a better view of the interior:

8166764433_6e34fb0c94.jpg

8166795818_7cd17bc1ca.jpg

8166796710_8106320ce9.jpg

8166768151_1098b5e0e9.jpg

A group of warriors take a well earned break as they eat, drink, and gamble:

8166768827_cec0b69b2e.jpg

A Mage and his apprentice research the magical properties of the location:

8166769583_88ced7b416.jpg

Brego and a few leaders plan the group's next move:

8166799952_0b4857e202.jpg

The storeroom and kitchen. Even an assassin has taken refuge from the elemental onslaught:

8166771205_a83e06ea62.jpg

Statue of Elkas the Wise:

8166771887_9f1106150b.jpg

Statue of Rendar the Brave:

8166802350_a8405d42c2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very impressive MOC! There are so many great details, my favorite being the waterfall. I've seen many waterfalls made out of Lego, but none as good as this. You did a really great job capturing that movement. I also like the rocky outer face of the mountain, and how the door is smoothly integrated into it. The interior (and removable top) are great, and the statues are just awesome.

Just spectacular work! :thumbup:

This is my favourite entry so far! :classic: The waterfall is my favourite part, but those statues with gold on it are also a very nice touch :wub:

Oh, not to forget the wooden forge on the top of the masterpiece.

Good luck in the contest :classic:

Edited by Buurli_Burri

Oh my god, this is awesome. A masterpiece. I really don't know what is my favorite section, everything looks so great. Thanks for sharing this.

I love these forgotten halls :thumbup:

The waterfall is really great, as are the two statues.

I really like the "cutted" earth and river on the borders.

The height of the hall is impressive.

Wow! That thing is HUGE! I don't know where to look, the waterfall is the best I remember seeing, ever. The mountain is huge. The little details are all over the place. How long did. It take to design/build? Any idea how many bricks are involved?

That give the rest of something to aim for in any MOC.

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy D

Torgar, this is awesome! The waterfall is simply outstanding, and the rest is great too. Seems like Mitgardians have become infatuated with dwarven sites now!

Beautiful :wub: I'm awfully glad to have you building for Mitgardia!

You were able to incorporate some things I wanted to but didn't have the pieces for, such as the complete mountain, wonderful layering of dirt/rock under the greenery at the top :thumbup:

The water fall and ruins are both spectacular and your dwarven statures are adorable :classic:

Fabulous moc, I think is the one I like the most so far.

The rock work, the top of it and the interior is just superb.

Good luck. :thumbup:

Great entry, love all the rock work and those pillars are superb! :thumbup: I see Mitgardians really love waterfalls, your one is fantastic! Great job with all the activity going on inside as well!

Really nice work :thumbup: , in particularly the waterfall and he interior with the column :wub:

wonderful build and I too will say that is one of the best waterfalls I have seen. the rock face, the columns the entry to the Cavern the statues and the forge; love it all!

great work Torgar and definitely set a high bar for all the entries!

Good work Mitgardian. Love the water work and the feel here.

After I post mine, we'll have to discuss the odd number of similarities. Must be a Minnesota thing.

Also, one critical note, some of the photos are slightly out of focus or have an odd focus on a single figure. Do you use the macro setting on the camera?

Everything about this is perfect! From the way you have different layers of soil and rock to the stunning waterfall. This is nothing short of a masterpiece! :thumbup:

This is outstanding!The scene shows exactly how gorgeous the nature of Mitgardia is!And the dwarven stronghold looks great !Your men know what they are doing ,very good organisation!

Everyone stole the great adjecties for this MOC, so I guess I can just say AWESOME! This is my favorite C5 entry thus far!

Wow! :wub: Such a beauty! The waterfall is so nice! The large doors really adds to the feeling of a grand hall for the dwarfs! So much to love! I´m sure this will be in the top in the contest!

When loading the page, it stopped loading above the massive door, and I was already sold with the water fall. I think that the pillars and the statues are very simple. I love them. There is no way your water elemental is going to get into this place, what with the super thick-looking stone walls. I think this is absolutely gorgeous :wub: for a Mitgardian.

I've said it before, but I'm still going to do it again: It's a good thing you're on our side. Your mocs are always eye candy! I love your waterfall and your statues. Also the detailed ground colors are well thought of.

Thank you for the kind words everyone, they are much appreciated! :blush:

How long did. It take to design/build? Any idea how many bricks are involved?

It took me about two months to design and build, I have no idea how many bricks are involved, tens of thousands I would guess.

Also, one critical note, some of the photos are slightly out of focus or have an odd focus on a single figure. Do you use the macro setting on the camera?

I dont think so, Im very new to photographing legos, so any advice would be helpful. I'm looking forward to your entry!

There should be an icon somewhere on the camera that looks like a flower or the like. It will really help focus on close up objects. Almost every camera has one somewhere. You might have to dig through the menu to find it, but once you do, I think it will pay major dividends!

Great work again.

I love the movement you captured with the waterfall, it is stunning. I also really like that the outside natural area is so different from the inside cavern, but they blend together so well.

The only small critique I can give is, to me, the top section looks a little too polished. The buildings and bridge are absolutely fantastic, but they don't seem like they were put together quickly. I guess I would have liked to see a little more ramshackedness to it. Although, maybe its just that Mitgardian has much better carpenters than Kaliphlin does :laugh:

Love the activity down in the caverns too, you really did a good job with including a lot of activity without overwhelming the scene. Great work!

This is awesome, every level is perfect and the waterfall, great job.

love the pilers very moria feel.