Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

SHIELD vs. HYDRA Mafia - Day 3

25326637855_c577fb671f_z.jpg

Deep in the bowels of the Helicarrier, Eugene Lawson (Forresto) was screwing around on the computer terminals... playing Galaga, of course.

25844864745_6c89f17153_c.jpg

Unbeknownst to the hardcore gamer, a dark figure silently watched him from across the room.

25749776841_b6010e41b5_c.jpg

Suddenly, in a fit of rage, the figure lept towards Eugene...

25544181760_5eb8f8632c_c.jpg

...he never stood a chance. *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

25844869495_2f8a9c2092_c.jpg

Mr. Lawson was gunned down without mercy.

Morning came, and the body was discovered... Director Fury promptly ordered a NPC Janitor to clean up the mess.

25218294713_4ebbdcf938_c.jpg

"Yo! I'm a NPC! Names Mr. Windu. Distant cousin of Director Fury."

25544185540_531b1782e7_c.jpg

The Mr. Fury in question gathered the survivors for an important message.

25818830346_c0fca579b0_c.jpg

"Alright guys, I have good news and bad news. Bad news first. As you may have guessed, Steven Schram (Khscarymovie4) was Loyal to SHIELD. However, this data chip I recovered from the late Mr. Lawson, has told me he was in fact a villainous HYDRA Agent! Excellent work, loyals! Keep at it! You have 72 hours to bring me another one.

Host (1)

24952547249_8224c045d8_t.jpg

Nick Fury, played by mediumsnowman

NPC’s (2)

25321594575_7301903a8c_t.jpg

Phil Coulson, NPC

24689608104_bc4e2d911f_t.jpg

Maria Hill, NPC

Players (13)

24952550799_1b3d7a175d_t.jpg

Daniel Bartell, played by mostlytechnic

25025971180_f69be60cb8_t.jpg

James Cunningham, played by Bob

24694819693_f703700082_t.jpg

Jafar Masrani, played by JackJonespaw

25293984906_5f975ec817_t.jpg

Hailey Coleman, played by Comrade Commander

24689613054_f2fef4905c_t.jpg

Todd Castillo, played by Tariq j

25228471161_a449d11d4c_t.jpg

Jasper Heinz, played by PirateDave84

25295554446_67089a1260_t.jpg

Cecilia Reed, played by Darkdragon

24693459473_a7b0eda908_t.jpg

Jeffrey Brown, played by Dragonfire

25320218295_52a5bae8a1_t.jpg

Walter Williams, played by jluck

24689610104_2808dd1a95_t.jpg

Robert Thorn, played by Umbra-Manis

25025980300_9a88dc114f_t.jpg

David Leffel, played by fhomess

24694820423_f875b43e7c_t.jpg

Alyssa Turner, played by CallMePie

25025975350_58497085eb_t.jpg

Margaret Corrigan, played by Lady K

The Deceased (3)

24694824003_b184ceedc4_t.jpg

Kinjobby O’Laughlin, played by Junior Shark - Maced on Night 1 - Loyal to SHIELD

24690961074_9c026db157_t.jpg

Steven Schram, played by Khscarymovie4 - Lynched on Day 2 - Loyal to SHIELD

25228473801_2fd040a784_t.jpg

Eugene Lawson, played by Forresto - Gunned down on Night 2 - Corrupted by HYDRA

The Rules!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either SHIELD or HYDRA. To win the game, SHIELD must kill off all the HYDRA agents, while HYDRA needs to outnumber SHIELD. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must place a vote each day.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts, unless you are me. Your beloved host often makes typos and will be compelled to correct them.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. There probably aren't clues in the pictures or flavor text. Wildly speculate if you must. It's fun.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first and second offense, and the death of your character on your third offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Edited by mediumsnowman

Ungh, Steven, why didn't you even try to defend yourself? I know you can't answer, but maybe in another life you'll fare better.

Eugene, ha! Now we finally have some real info to go on based on voting, interactions, and hopefully some folks' night action results will prove fruitful.

This day is really looking up for us!

Nice that we finally got a scum :sweet: (but also interesting that there was only one kill last night, and all the three newest people have died first).

Hopefully all of this tangle about night actions etc. etc. will have been solved to help us coordinate our efforts to find the rest of the scum.

I was briefly in contact with the late Mr. Lawson in private - I approached him on Day One after he got his penalties because he was new and I frankly felt sorry for him. Nothing much came out of the conversation since it was mostly about whether a no-lynch is good or bad, and whether or not Mr. Schram was scum, but he claimed to be extremely suspicious of Jasper Heinz and Hailey Coleman...

See, NOW is when we REALLY need to be looking at who got blocked/protected. Eugene was either a vig or SK kill, so the scum kill must've been prevented in some way.

After the craziness yesterday, I waited till the last minute (ok, the last hours) before today's thread went up and then sent the following message to several people. There's no real reason to hide it, since I 100% know the scum have this message. I waited till the last minute because I KNEW that at least one of the people I was going to message would be scum, just not which one(s) yet. I didn't want to impact their night plans by sharing too soon.

*** PM begins ***

Ok... here's what I know in case I got killed overnight. If I survive, this is what I plan to tell the whole game at the start of the day.

I am the town investigator. On night 1, I checked out Jafar (JJP). He was reported to me as town. So then on day 2 I claimed to him and told him he'd been cleared. He replied that he was the tracker. On night 1 he checked Todd (Tariq) and saw him target Jeffrey (Dragonfire). I later confirmed this with Todd and he said he was the pineapple deliverer.

Out of nowhere on day 2, I was contacted by Jasper (Piratedave), who said he knew someone who had seen me visiting someone night 1. [this is basically the 3-act story that Jasper shared, but my side of it]. He and I danced around a little, not really trusting each other. But then he slipped and let me know that David (fhomess) was the person who gave him the info. I still don't know why David claimed to Jasper... but he did. I talked to David and found out that he claims to be the tracker and saw me visiting Jafar.

First thing when I had these conflicting claims was double-check with both what exactly their role was and that they were claiming tracker. Both confirmed that - that they see who someone targets, a traditional tracker.

So now the dilemma....

1. We could have 2 trackers. Seems unlikely in a relatively small game.

2. Both trackers are scum. In that case, Jafar told David what I had done for some reason (such as being able to claim to Jasper). For this to be true, they would have had to both pick to claim tracker instead of 1 tracker and 1 watcher. It also would require David to be VERY careful not to reveal that he knew I was the investigator, because as far as I can tell, he didn't know WHAT my role was until now. In fact, he told Jasper that he didn't trust me)

3.Most likely is that one of them is lying, or is a scum tracker. However, David correctly knew who I had visited before I told him, and I have a town result on Jafar. So then one option is that Jafar is actually the godfather and fake-claimed his tracker role to me for some unknown reason (building trust and trying to infiltrate the town block? Assumed that I'd trust him more if he claimed something instead of claiming vanilla? It also requires that he know that Todd targeted Jeffrey, which would imply that Todd is scum as well!) The other option is David is lying - he DOES have accurate info, so then he'd have to be a scum tracker

For night 2 I investigated David. If I'm alive, I'll share the results of that. If I'm dead, well, then share this information with the town and good luck to Shield!

*** PM ends ***

Now, I don't want to kill off discussion, since there is a LOT to talk about. I will say I do have a result on David, but I really want to see what the group thinks before I spoil the surprise of "where's Hydra?" I'll probably announce the result in a little while, once we've hashed things out a bit.

See, NOW is when we REALLY need to be looking at who got blocked/protected. Eugene was either a vig or SK kill, so the scum kill must've been prevented in some way.

Yep. Unless it's a repeat of the tales I read about some assassins in a Kingdom. But that's highly unlikely. This game has had a TON of PM action going on and private claims... so I will say I have been in contact with people claiming doc and blocker, so I think we'll be able to get the info on who was blocked. But if there's anyone that wants to make a counterclaim on doc or blocker, please PM me immediately!

Oh, and good job SK or vig! If there's an SK in the house, let's talk. Our Shield win conditions do not require that we kill you, so we may be able to work together... We may need some help making all the kills today in fact!

oops: when I said info on who was blocked, I meant info on both who was blocked and who was protected, since both are potential reasons for no scum kill. Then we'll have to narrow down which it is.

I was briefly in contact with the late Mr. Lawson in private - I approached him on Day One after he got his penalties because he was new and I frankly felt sorry for him. Nothing much came out of the conversation since it was mostly about whether a no-lynch is good or bad, and whether or not Mr. Schram was scum, but he claimed to be extremely suspicious of Jasper Heinz and Hailey Coleman...

I do wonder - did he mention what about them was suspicious? Not that we should ever follow the rule of "got lynched, trust/do not trust his word based on alignment", but I am just interested. It is possible, although, I feel, unlikely, especially for a new player, that one of those two is scum, and he was attempting to throw off the trail.

First, well done to whoever caught the scum last night. The number of kills now makes the night one results far more interesting. At this point, we may have not had a scum kill on two consecutive nights so the blocker/protector may have some leads. But clearly, Daniel's lead is by far the most valuable. I'm curious as to what Jafar, David, and Jasper have to say on the topic because right now the lot of them looks pretty bad.

Curious why you say the whole lot of them (Jafar, David, Jasper) look bad - the odds of them all being scum is close to zero. Any leaning on which you think are scum and which are town?

What a night!

Lots of PM action going on which enabled me to figure out a few things as well.

I'm curious as to why I come accross as scummy; I gave you everything I knew; full disclosure.

You will find through the course of the day, that I was right to a certain degree.

Well done vig or SK!

Ungh, Steven, why didn't you even try to defend yourself? I know you can't answer, but maybe in another life you'll fare better.

Eugene, ha! Now we finally have some real info to go on based on voting, interactions, and hopefully some folks' night action results will prove fruitful.

This day is really looking up for us!

I agree. Steven, I hope you will return in the future and another life.

First, well done to whoever caught the scum last night. The number of kills now makes the night one results far more interesting. At this point, we may have not had a scum kill on two consecutive nights so the blocker/protector may have some leads. But clearly, Daniel's lead is by far the most valuable. I'm curious as to what Jafar, David, and Jasper have to say on the topic because right now the lot of them looks pretty bad.

I admit I went to bed after voting ended and still felt Daniel was the most suspicious so I was happy with my vote at the time......sorry Daniel. :blush: But why do you find all three (Jafar, David, Jasper) suspicious? The two that would be the most suspicious are David and Jafar for both claiming the same role. Jasper's play is way too confusing and thus risky for scum to make up.

What a night!

Lots of PM action going on which enabled me to figure out a few things as well.

I'm curious as to why I come accross as scummy; I gave you everything I knew; full disclosure.

You will find through the course of the day, that I was right to a certain degree.

I would say maybe due to the sheer confusion of your play......although to me that makes you more likely town.

Nicely done whatever killer!

(Heads to Mafiascum to read up on Godfathers)

There's a lot of PMs flying around, and it seems possible that whichever of the three suspicious persons named above is not scum will die tonight. Or Daniel himself will be killed in attempt to silence him. As weird as this sounds, would the pineapple deliverer please claim in the main thread if anyone besides todd did it, then I think we have situation 3 on our hands, specifically todd and jafar being scum.

Since you're waiting to tell us the results from your investigation last night, Daniel, make sure you do it soon enough that our less frequent visitors will be here in time to post.

Curious why you say the whole lot of them (Jafar, David, Jasper) look bad - the odds of them all being scum is close to zero. Any leaning on which you think are scum and which are town?

I was not thrilled with Jasper handled the PM situation, it created more confusion and outed several roles. David and Jafar both look suspicious due to the claims.

My gut feeling is Jasper is likely town, it was too bold a situation for a typical scum to get into on such an early day.

I think at this point David or Jafar are scum, but not both. The investigation result, once revealed, will determine which is which.

Everyone is asking for claims from the doctor and blocker, of course the scum would very much want this info since they've had no successes yet!

It sounds to me like there is way too much claiming going on behind the scenes and feels like experienced players taking advantage of newer folks. I mean, we just started day 3 and there already all these claims on our most important roles? :wall:

I really don't know what to say about your post, Daniel. You are really on my list of possible scums, but what you are saying is really surprising. If you really thought you might die in the night, of course your alignment would show up today and if you were scum everything you sent in those PMs would be looked at differently. I am really at a loss right now on what to believe, and feel like I have a lot of re-re-reading ahead of me.

would the pineapple deliverer please claim in the main thread

Nice way to make sure your scum team can target the protector tonight. I don't know if there's a way anyone could be more obvious than this, except maybe Eugene's mistake.

Everyone is asking for claims from the doctor and blocker, of course the scum would very much want this info since they've had no successes yet!

It sounds to me like there is way too much claiming going on behind the scenes and feels like experienced players taking advantage of newer folks. I mean, we just started day 3 and there already all these claims on our most important roles? :wall:

I really don't know what to say about your post, Daniel. You are really on my list of possible scums, but what you are saying is really surprising. If you really thought you might die in the night, of course your alignment would show up today and if you were scum everything you sent in those PMs would be looked at differently. I am really at a loss right now on what to believe, and feel like I have a lot of re-re-reading ahead of me.

Nice way to make sure your scum team can target the protector tonight. I don't know if there's a way anyone could be more obvious than this, except maybe Eugene's mistake.

I don't know if you're scared that a town block formed too quickly or if you genuinely think Daniel is scum ....

Regarding the pineapple, how do you conclude that the person is the protector?

Cecilia, I don't really know what to say other than I do have a night 2 result to share later today. That will help clarify things. I am deliberately holding off so that everyone can discuss.

I agree that there was way too much claiming in private. I have NO idea why people started... It made sense that I talked to Jafar and then he claimed to me. Beyond that, there should have been no claiming.

As for the pineapple - why are people assuming that the pictures have anything to do with what happened during the night?

We have 4 people who have made NO comment yet today. We really need that corrected before I make any more info known.

Parts of what you said confused me and yo started jumping to all these conclusions very quickly...

I don't know if you're scared that a town block formed too quickly or if you genuinely think Daniel is scum ....

Quick town blocks are almost always bad, it usually means some smooth talker scum looked very helpful and kind and got a bunch of people to claim to him. I'm not saying it's definitely bad, it just makes me nervous that it could be led by the scum as they tend to be in those situations.

Cecilia, I don't really know what to say other than I do have a night 2 result to share later today. That will help clarify things. I am deliberately holding off so that everyone can discuss.

I agree that there was way too much claiming in private. I have NO idea why people started... It made sense that I talked to Jafar and then he claimed to me. Beyond that, there should have been no claiming.

Hopefully what you have to say later will help, I look forward to it. Right now everything is pretty confusing and I can see where you could be smart scum or smart town, so I'm really on the fence here.

Regarding the pineapple, how do you conclude that the person is the protector?

As for the pineapple - why are people assuming that the pictures have anything to do with what happened during the night?

I never said anything about a pineapple and I'm not judging anything in the game by the photos. Why are you both saying this?

I was responding to your quote of Robert asking for the pineapple-giver to claim. He's apparently decided that the photos indicate what happened at night, which is typically not true.

I never said anything about a pineapple and I'm not judging anything in the game by the photos. Why are you both saying this?

You said this:

About this:

As weird as this sounds, would the pineapple deliverer please claim in the main thread if anyone besides todd did it, then I think we have situation 3 on our hands, specifically todd and jafar being scum.

IS that not implying that you know a scum kill was blocked??

I was responding to your quote of Robert asking for the pineapple-giver to claim. He's apparently decided that the photos indicate what happened at night, which is typically not true.

Oh I see. I didn't meant to say anything about the pictures, just that he seemed to be asking for the the protector to claim. It was assumed previously by dead scum that the pinapple was a sign of protector.

IS that not implying that you know a scum kill was blocked??

I wasn't the one that said that Todd was a protector, Daniel said it. It's common assumption by now that the night 1 scum kill was blocked.

Oh I see. I didn't meant to say anything about the pictures, just that he seemed to be asking for the the protector to claim. It was assumed previously by dead scum that the pinapple was a sign of protector.

I wasn't the one that said that Todd was a protector, Daniel said it. It's common assumption by now that the night 1 scum kill was blocked.

I understand that a scum kill was most likely blocked but I have no knowledge of that. I figured that the pineapple delivery was performed by someone whose entire role is just delivering pineapples. Who said that the pineapple deliverer was a protector?

I said this:

As weird as this sounds, would the pineapple deliverer please claim in the main thread if anyone besides todd did it, then I think we have situation 3 on our hands, specifically todd and jafar being scum.

Because I'm talking about someone whose role is to deliver pineapples, not the protector. If someone is the protector they should not be claiming.

The impression I got was this:

• Daniel contacted Jafar after he showed up innocent in an Investigation
  • Jafar Claimed Tracker, had tracked Todd
  • Claimed that Todd targeted Jeffrey
  • Todd says in separate PM that he targeted Jeffrey
  • Jeffrey was given a pineapple that night.
  • If someone else submitted a joke night action to give Jeffrey a pineapple then Todd is possibly lying
  • If he's not the pineapple deliverer we have confirmation that Todd is a PR, and a liar.
  • It is possible i'm wasting brain power on something that was performed by NPC

I realized after researching the tracker that they only see what the trackee did, not anyone else's actions on the target's target. So, if the pineapple was a joke, we have something crossed off the list but not quite what I thought at first.

I understand that a scum kill was most likely blocked but I have no knowledge of that. I figured that the pineapple delivery was performed by someone whose entire role is just delivering pineapples. Who said that the pineapple deliverer was a protector?

Dead scum insinuated that it was a pineapple protector, and also seemed pretty upset by the fact.

What? I never get offered pineapples by mysterious strangers in the middle of the night :hmpf_bad: harrumph

I'm afraid not. Looks like you have a food based guardian angel looking over you though.

Unless Eugene was some sort of a traitor and the scum didn't know he was on their side.... or like in Kingdoms Mafia, the scum are split (but I doubt the latter because Kingdoms was so recent a game).

After the craziness yesterday, I waited till the last minute (ok, the last hours) before today's thread went up and then sent the following message to several people. There's no real reason to hide it, since I 100% know the scum have this message. I waited till the last minute because I KNEW that at least one of the people I was going to message would be scum, just not which one(s) yet. I didn't want to impact their night plans by sharing too soon.

How are you 100% sure though? Did you send it to Eugene?

I am the town investigator. On night 1, I checked out Jafar (JJP). He was reported to me as town. So then on day 2 I claimed to him and told him he'd been cleared. He replied that he was the tracker. On night 1 he checked Todd (Tariq) and saw him target Jeffrey (Dragonfire). I later confirmed this with Todd and he said he was the pineapple deliverer.

In my experience, joke roles don't actually visit the target. This might of course be different in this game, but that's what I've seen in the past. Given Todd's suspicious voting behaviour, I'm leaning towards him being a liar. It's highly probable that he did in fact target me, but with some kind of scum role.

Out of nowhere on day 2, I was contacted by Jasper (Piratedave), who said he knew someone who had seen me visiting someone night 1. [this is basically the 3-act story that Jasper shared, but my side of it]. He and I danced around a little, not really trusting each other. But then he slipped and let me know that David (fhomess) was the person who gave him the info. I still don't know why David claimed to Jasper... but he did. I talked to David and found out that he claims to be the tracker and saw me visiting Jafar.

So you're Person C ?? If you read Jasper's play, David, aka Person B, was contacted by Person A.... who is a watcher/tracker. Is Person A Jafar? Otherwise, we might be dealing with three tracker claims or two trackers and a watcher claim.

1. We could have 2 trackers. Seems unlikely in a relatively small game.

2. Both trackers are scum. In that case, Jafar told David what I had done for some reason (such as being able to claim to Jasper). For this to be true, they would have had to both pick to claim tracker instead of 1 tracker and 1 watcher. It also would require David to be VERY careful not to reveal that he knew I was the investigator, because as far as I can tell, he didn't know WHAT my role was until now. In fact, he told Jasper that he didn't trust me)

3.Most likely is that one of them is lying, or is a scum tracker. However, David correctly knew who I had visited before I told him, and I have a town result on Jafar. So then one option is that Jafar is actually the godfather and fake-claimed his tracker role to me for some unknown reason (building trust and trying to infiltrate the town block? Assumed that I'd trust him more if he claimed something instead of claiming vanilla? It also requires that he know that Todd targeted Jeffrey, which would imply that Todd is scum as well!) The other option is David is lying - he DOES have accurate info, so then he'd have to be a scum tracker

Option 3 is the most likely. And I'd also wager there's a scum tracker, unless of course Jafar is scum with Todd. Jafar being scum does not necessarily mean Todd is scum, because there could be a different scum tracker who targeted Todd, and Jafar simply used his result.

oops: when I said info on who was blocked, I meant info on both who was blocked and who was protected, since both are potential reasons for no scum kill. Then we'll have to narrow down which it is.

If the blocker blocked the same person two nights running, or ditto with the protector, we could have a very good lead.

I do wonder - did he mention what about them was suspicious? Not that we should ever follow the rule of "got lynched, trust/do not trust his word based on alignment", but I am just interested. It is possible, although, I feel, unlikely, especially for a new player, that one of those two is scum, and he was attempting to throw off the trail.

He mentioned being suspicious of Hailey around the time he voted her, but didn't state a reason. However, he constantly said Jasper was scummy and suspicious throughout Day Two. He never gave any reasons though....

I think I see a slip there... :look::hmpf_bad:

Dead scum? Eugene? Did he ever say that? Why would you trust a dead scum?

You're acting like someone who has a lot of information that the rest of us don't have...

Exactly.

*** Edit: Cecilia, ignore my reply to your post about dead scum. I didn't see your above post - you said it while I was posting.

In my experience, joke roles don't actually visit the target. This might of course be different in this game, but that's what I've seen in the past. Given Todd's suspicious voting behaviour, I'm leaning towards him being a liar. It's highly probable that he did in fact target me, but with some kind of scum role.

I seem to remember the last pictured joke roles were in Blacktron.

So you're Person C ?? If you read Jasper's play, David, aka Person B, was contacted by Person A.... who is a watcher/tracker. Is Person A Jafar? Otherwise, we might be dealing with three tracker claims or two trackers and a watcher claim.

Reading Jasper's play, I just assumed that he himself was Person A. I could not have been Person A, since I never contacted David.

I seem to remember the last pictured joke roles were in Blacktron.

So do I :wink: Actually, you also submitted a joke role in Kingdoms to cut Mencot's hair :tongue:

Reading Jasper's play, I just assumed that he himself was Person A. I could not have been Person A, since I never contacted David.

I also assumed that, but I assumed he was the tracker. Now it's very likely that he isn't.