Sign in to follow this  
mediumsnowman

SHIELD vs. HYDRA Mafia - Day 1

25326637855_c577fb671f_z.jpg

Somewhere in upstate New York...

24938135484_b283aa6bda_c.jpg

In a poorly MOC'ed control room...

24973839214_5f8c3ac564_c.jpg

...the occupants, members of a top-secret government organization known as SHIELD, were doing absolutely nothing, as per usual.

25308711900_fd8d4400d1_c.jpg

"Ar baap re! Why is this pretzel the exact same color as my hand!" exclaimed Jafar Masrani (JackJonespaw).

25511641691_eb9120b5ee_c.jpg

Meanwhile, Steven Schram (Khscarymovie4) showed off his weight-lifting skills, and Kinjobby O'Laughlin (Junior Shark) sprouted out an incomprehensible stream of gibberish.

25578205296_ee4ac4530d_c.jpg

Hailey Coleman (Comrade Commander) chased around her mutant spider (a reject from a former experiment.) "Come back here my pretty! We can't have you running around making more Spider-Man's! Spider-Men! Whatever!"

A Plot Device (NPC) watched disapprovingly.

25578201196_90beee3962_c.jpg

And then, Director Fury (mediumsnowman) returned with the board executives...

"Listen up, scrubs! I just finished taking these executives on an exhausting tour of our massive Helicarrier and I'm tired and cranky! It's late at night and my camera died! Get in an orderly fashion. I have an important announcement."

25604313355_897b823b89_c.jpg

Because nobody wanted to face his Fury while he was tired and cranky, they listened. For the most part. David Leffel (fhomess) continued to lurk in the shadows, like he always does.

"I've been reviewing some archived security footage and lab files, and I have chanced among something rather... disturbing. Myself, as well as agents Hill and Coulson, believe that among us, sinister forces-"

24977610953_bcc4d2384b_c.jpg

Plot Device (NPC) didn't let him finish his sentence.

25511636651_b97ef48fd6_c.jpg

He elbowed through the crowd in a mad rush for Director Fury...

"SHIELD isn't a peacekeeper, it's a monster! You are the sinister forces here. It is our duty to liberate humanity from-"

25308710950_16cdc76ff6_c.jpg

...but Agent Hill was quicker on the draw.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

25511636221_d5160680ce_c.jpg

The assailant went down in a pool of plastic blood.

"...Hail HYDRA..." were his last words.

25308715610_c871f48168_c.jpg

Director Fury seized the moment to speak. "It is as we feared... they are among us. Speak among yourselves... decide who within your ranks has been corrupted by HYDRA. You have 72 hours. Bring me a HYDRA agent or face the consequnces of a Day 1 mislynch."

Host (1)

24952547249_8224c045d8_t.jpg

Nick Fury, played by mediumsnowman

NPC’s (2)

25321594575_7301903a8c_t.jpg

Phil Coulson, NPC

24689608104_bc4e2d911f_t.jpg

Maria Hill, NPC

Players (16)

24952550799_1b3d7a175d_t.jpg

Daniel Bartell, played by mostlytechnic

25025971180_f69be60cb8_t.jpg

James Cunningham, played by Bob

25228473801_2fd040a784_t.jpg

Eugene Lawson, played by Forresto

24694819693_f703700082_t.jpg

Jafar Masrani, played by JackJonespaw

25293984906_5f975ec817_t.jpg

Hailey Coleman, played by Comrade Commander

24689613054_f2fef4905c_t.jpg

Todd Castillo, played by Tariq j

25228471161_a449d11d4c_t.jpg

Jasper Heinz, played by PirateDave84

25295554446_67089a1260_t.jpg

Cecilia Reed, played by Darkdragon

24693459473_a7b0eda908_t.jpg

Jeffrey Brown, played by Dragonfire

25320218295_52a5bae8a1_t.jpg

Walter Williams, played by jluck

24689610104_2808dd1a95_t.jpg

Robert Thorn, played by Umbra-Manis

25025980300_9a88dc114f_t.jpg

David Leffel, played by fhomess

24690961074_9c026db157_t.jpg

Steven Schram, played by Khscarymovie4

24694820423_f875b43e7c_t.jpg

Alyssa Turner, played by CallMePie

24694824003_b184ceedc4_t.jpg

Kinjobby O’Laughlin, played by Junior Shark

25025975350_58497085eb_t.jpg

Margaret Corrigan, played by Lady K

The Rules!

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either SHIELD or HYDRA. To win the game, SHIELD must kill off all the HYDRA agents, while HYDRA needs to outnumber SHIELD. Third-Party (neutral) characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. You must place a vote each day.

3. A game day will last 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the following day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host, or in PM with any other players. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts, unless you are me. Your beloved host often makes typos and will be compelled to correct them.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. There probably aren't clues in the pictures or flavor text. Wildly speculate if you must. It's fun.

11. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

12. Violation of the above rules will result in a vote penalty of half the required majority against you on your first and second offense, and the death of your character on your third offense. Violation of rule 7 will have a heavier penalty, including suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

Let the games begin! :sweet:

Edited by mediumsnowman

How did nobody notice that gun, I thought we were safe here! I need to go check my jet for hidden ignition bombs.

Heading for the hangar, she mumbles to herself. "I'm glad I'm wearing a helmet, a lot of people seem be having popup hair problems."

How dare plot device try and betray Shield! We must find the Hydra at once!

(After I have some more vodka of course)

How did nobody notice that gun, I thought we were safe here! I need to go check my jet for hidden ignition bombs.

I'll be on medical standby with...let's see....half a box of band-aids, a can of soda water, and some pliers.

Oh no, scum team.

Do we need the gun analyzed? If so I can have my equal opportunity hired staff get right on it!

Oh no, a murder! This is very bad for us, very! I have a question, which is: would anyone like food?

Oh no, a murder! This is very bad for us, very! I have a question, which is: would anyone like food?

This isn't going to be some Sweeny Todd like business? *keeps eye on body before eating*

You all act like this is the worst it's ever been! Why back in my day, we faced these conflicts everyday and twice on Monday! You young whipper snappers need to learn a thing or two. ,aye if you'd put down your tweeter machines long enough to listen to your elders you'd understand.

How dare plot device try and betray Shield! We must find the Hydra at once!

(After I have some more vodka of course)

Is there just one of them ...

Is there just one of them ...

Plot devices, Hydra, or Vodka? Because if theres more of the first two we're going to need lots of the last one!

Plot devices, Hydra, or Vodka? Because if theres more of the first two we're going to need lots of the last one!

Good one!

Hydra, referred to here as "the Hydra"

Good one!

Hydra, referred to here as "the Hydra"

I think vodka is a good choice then

Edited by Forresto

I hate to say it, but I think one of the executives is part of HYDRA. They have the power to put plans, and actions into effect. I think one of them is setting us all up, so HYDRA can take over.

I hate to say it, but I think one of the executives is part of HYDRA. They have the power to put plans, and actions into effect. I think one of them is setting us all up, so HYDRA can take over.

Oh dear. Shouldn't we just call in the avengers for this one? Punching Hydra masterminds is kind of their thing.

Oh dear. Shouldn't we just call in the avengers for this one? Punching Hydra masterminds is kind of their thing.

Nah, That would cost Director Fury more money if they help out. About half of us are highly trained. We can do it.

What?

Also be careful, you edited your post which is prohibited

Apologies I typing playing tetris when the boss wasnt around at the same time.

(Whoops force of habit as I type on a phone most of the time. Wont do it again :D )

...the occupants, members of a top-secret government organization known as SHIELD, were doing absolutely nothing, as per usual.

*snip for length*

Because nobody wanted to face his Fury while he was tired and cranky, they listened. For the most part. David Leffel (fhomess) continued to lurk in the shadows, like he always does.

So... first, we obviously aren't doing absolutely nothing. I see lots of food there. We're clearly eating on a union-mandated break time. Harumph.

Second, since rule 10 explicitly allows for wild speculation, I suggest that we have a hint here in the story and should begin by lynching David for day 1. All in favor? Anyone? No? Oh, so you're just going to leave the 'stache hanging. Thanks.

Eugene Lawson (Forresto) has received a vote penalty of half the required majority for editing his post.

Vote Tally

4 votes for Eugene Lawson (Forresto): (Penalty x4)

Nonvoting: (Everyone)

With 16 players remaining, a majority of 9 is required to lynch. Approximately 13 hours remain until voting opens.

I deserve that one. I'll pay for Kinjobby's pizza for everyone as well.

I wanted to vote for you for the way you positioned HYDRA as "the" HYDRA ealier ... now if I do this, I'll be the guy going for the easy lynch ...

Why'd you have to edit your post!

Aroooooo!

Freakin' Plot Device. I knew that guy was bad news. I could smell it. Hey Eugene, put your name in your signature so I can call you an idiot for editing your post without having to go and look at the roster.

Second, since rule 10 explicitly allows for wild speculation, I suggest that we have a hint here in the story and should begin by lynching David for day 1. All in favor? Anyone? No? Oh, so you're just going to leave the 'stache hanging. Thanks.

That's stupid. You're an idiot too, Daniel. It was hard to see who you are this game because you've got all your old roles in your signature too. Nick Fury wouldn't make it that obvious.

Hm. This is a slightly more intelligent post, so I won't call you an idiot because it's a possibility. Any one of us could be scum. You could be scum. I think you're scum.

I'd like to file a formal complaint with our narrator and character description author... I can't actively non-participate if you keep calling me out for it. How am I supposed to fly under the radar then?

Also... if Jafar is feeding us hand-colored pretzels, it seems like it's only a matter of time before we bite the hand that feed us!

Oh, and booooo Hydra!