Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

Kingdoms Mafia - Day Four

24504848390_6a5af465f3.jpg

From the writings of Trystane Adeus

It was a dark night; shadows hung over the besieged, beleaguered town of Cresthaven. The lonely moon's rays fell upon a tree growing out of the Cresthaven walls. A dark figure wearing a red uniform, moustache clearly visible, was lying along one of the tree's broad branches...

24799808159_e4ecbc095c_z.jpg

Fitzwilliam was surprised nobody had come to investigate his "suicide" or inspect his body. He guessed that they, like him, were becoming sick of the whole cycle of deaths and suffering that had gripped the village. He was pondering over when to make his escape when he saw a flickering light below the tree and looked down to see Sergeant Radford standing there, torch in hand.

25049248712_6cd14dda0d_z.jpg

The sergeant's face was grim, "I thought I might find you here. We searched your possessions last night and found your diary... made some interesting reading, I can tell you that. Either way, I know you're not with the Assassins, so I'm not going to kill you. But you can't come back to Cresthaven. So..."

As the sergeant spoke, Fitzwilliam caught sight of a slight movement behind Radford's back... the Assassins had returned to kill again.

24799811079_fa05fe7a9f_z.jpg

Fitzwilliam spoke once, "I'm sorry." Radford peered quizzically at him, not comprehending what he was saying - then gave a grunt of pain and surprise as the Assassin's sword pierced his back. He collapsed without another sound.

24536822494_81a1c8f488_z.jpg

The hooded figure looked up at Fitzwilliam, and the renegade soldier felt an icy pang of fear in his heart. His own sword was trapped beneath his body; as he struggled to free it, the figure spoke, "You have done us a service by not warning your friend. Your life is yours to keep," and, with that, headed off towards the village, shedding its robes as it did to take on the guise of a townsperson. As soon as it had gone, Fitzwilliam leapt down from the tree, and with a nod of respect and guilt to his dead comrade, loped off into the woods, away from Cresthaven and everything that had transpired...

25074267361_1f439d17fd_z.jpg

Radford's body was discovered the next morning. For the first time since the killing had started, King Rustus himself spoke, "Fellow men and citizens of Cresthaven, last night we lost a dear friend and comrade. Sergeant Radford was loyal through and through, and he will be missed. General Avrel informs me that Fitzwilliam also spoke the truth - he was, as he claimed to be, an Independent. There are but five of you remaining, not counting the General, Adeus and myself. It is paramount that we find Drakensyne's partisans and destroy them before we all pay the price with our lives..."

25167511675_54e9960b14_z.jpg

The Living (5)

24170869353_276327e8c8_t.jpg King Rustus II (NPC)

24797738575_a35fb875ea_t.jpg General Avrel (NPC)

24169574974_2aa5fe9301_t.jpg Trystane Adeus, historian and adviser to the King (NPC)

24771508316_5daac5bf4d_t.jpg Lord Drakensyne (NPC)

24704245361_2c2c6053f8_t.jpg Sir Eustace Almoner (Lady K) - military adviser and former soldier

24430073739_26c9c2fbec_t.jpg Wilfred Orann (mostlytechnic) - miller

24797737785_b89e66539c_t.jpg Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis) - mercenary

24502205130_3a2905f81b_t.jpg Berdam Blost (jluck) - innkeeper

24797738975_1fbedbde79_t.jpg Glanred (Mencot) - woodcutter and ruffian

The Dead (7)

24169575784_b0ddcd3482_t.jpg Corporal Banning (Tariq j), Loyal Townie - lynched Day One

24704246731_b11ed566ac_t.jpg Mairn Upswich (mediumsnowman), Loyal Townie - killed Day One

24704246331_ddf834806e_t.jpg Klaer Messell (Piratedave84), Loyal Townie - killed Night One

24704246591_d22c173f0b_t.jpg Felix Anderson (KingoftheZempk), Loyal Townie - "exiled" Day Two

24170868923_f9ee31a3be_t.jpg Alanna Moreton (Lord Duvors), Drakenguard Assassin - killed Night Two

24502204090_2c8f9a63bd_t.jpg Fitzwilliam (JackJonespaw), Independent - escaped Day Three

24502204610_47e9686fa3_t.jpg Sergeant Radford (def), Loyal Townie - killed Night Three

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Drakenguard Assassins. To win the game, the Town must kill all of the Drakenguard Assassins, while the Drakenguard Assassins must outnumber the Town. Any Independent players have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may vote at any point in the day. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Deliberately quoting your role PM either in PM with other players or in-thread will result in a mod-kill of your character.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will have a penalty, possibly suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a vote penalty on the first two occasions, and a mod-kill on the third.

9. You must post in every day thread. If you do not post in a day thread without an excuse, your character will be mod-killed.

10. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

11. Role Play. I tried to give every character some traits / personality aspects, so have fun!

Edited by Dragonfire

Well, this is not a good morning at all, your king is not pleased that we lost another valued member of our town last night! It's now three of us and two of them, not a good balance, we will really need to pull together today to bring those traitors to justice. I was cleared last night by the investigator. With only one kill I would assume that the assassins got the vig, he was blocked, or he stayed home again which I find hard to believe he would do for the third night in a row. So voting may be our only power against them, to survive we must find the assassin(s) today. There is the possibility that with an independent, we may only have one assassin left.

Well, sounds like you covered all the possible bases there. Maybe we have a vig, maybe not anymore. Maybe it's 3:2, maybe not. Oh, and you claim to be cleared? That's convenient... Why should we trust that? I know I said yesterday that I had a townread on you, but that doesn't mean I'm right or that I trust you.

We cannot afford any mistakes today - assuming it's 3:2 (worst case) then the game is over if we lynch another townie. So... is there any investigation results that can be shared? Anyone that can back up Sir Eustace's claim of innocence? Basically, the hunt is almost certainly over today. Tomorrow at the absolute latest. So I say we share anything we've got. A wrong lynch equals a scum win. A right lynch means we either win (if there's only 1 left) or we survive to another day where it'd then be 2:1.

Is the vig out there and can clarify that you've been blocked? If not, then the vig is dead. Is there an investigator alive that can give us some results from last night? It's been claimed that night 1 the Sergeant was cleared, night 2 Fitz was caught, and night 3 Sir Eustace was cleared, but we have no support for that last claim.

Is there a blocker who can say who's been blocked so we can scum-hunt with that info?

Is there a protector that could explain any of the missing kills?

We need any info that is out there, now that we've lost the Sergeant and his position as town leader.

Th's is were it gets hard. Hopefuly Sarge left the remaining loyals with something good to go on.

I don´t really have anything to share what I haven´t said already or hasn´t been said in general.

Still find Wilfreds obsession and actions confusing... but that is not much to go on.

Th's is were it gets hard. Hopefuly Sarge left the remaining loyals with something good to go on.

I don´t really have anything to share what I haven´t said already or hasn´t been said in general.

Still find Wilfreds obsession and actions confusing... but that is not much to go on.

I have to agree with this. Yes, it is quite possibly the last day, but I don't feel comfortable with demanding everyone claim out in the open. If I can't be trusted to be telling the truth, then how could we trust any results anyone else gives? I there are indeed 2 scum left, then one could vouch for the other. This holds especially dangerous if they know for sure that a PR has been taken out.

I find Mr. Orann's calling everyone out in the open now far more suspicious than I have found Mr. Blost or Glanred. Mr. Skarbin has said so little, I don't know what to make of him.

And not that I am claiming anything here Mr. Orann, but how do you know that I am not the investigator? That is something you haven't though about. If I claim out in public and reveal last night's result and there are indeed 2 scum left and we do not have a vig (which seems likely at this point) then I will surely be targeted tonight. Then there would be no investigation for the next day. By calling for public claims you are endangering the town.

My "obsession" with you you mean? I haven't even accused you of anything all day yet! And what actions? My attempts to hunt the assassins? Is that what confuses you, you assassin? Oh wait, now I've gone and accused you.

I have to agree with this. Yes, it is quite possibly the last day, but I don't feel comfortable with demanding everyone claim out in the open. If I can't be trusted to be telling the truth, then how could we trust any results anyone else gives? I there are indeed 2 scum left, then one could vouch for the other. This holds especially dangerous if they know for sure that a PR has been taken out.

I find Mr. Orann's calling everyone out in the open now far more suspicious than I have found Mr. Blost or Glanred. Mr. Skarbin has said so little, I don't know what to make of him.

And not that I am claiming anything here Mr. Orann, but how do you know that I am not the investigator? That is something you haven't though about. If I claim out in public and reveal last night's result and there are indeed 2 scum left and we do not have a vig (which seems likely at this point) then I will surely be targeted tonight. Then there would be no investigation for the next day. By calling for public claims you are endangering the town.

If you don't want to share info now, fine, don't. I just think it's the most effective thing at this point. Sure, two scum could vouch for each other, but what are the odds of them pulling that off vs whatever info the town has? If a PR is dead, hopefully someone in the town knows that and could refute them. This whole game's been quiet, so there's not a lot of discussion to go on, so I'm trying to get anything going so that we have SOMETHING to base a lynch on. And a no-lynch day is NOT an option, since if there's 2 scum, they'd just have to kill again tonight to tie things up and thereby win. (I'm assuming the vig is dead since there was no kill last night, but I suppose there's a chance we still have a vig who was blocked)

I don't know that you're not the investigator. I know I am not, but I have no idea who is. According to you, YOU are the one who was investigated last night. Are you an assassin getting confused by the stories you're telling? Sergeant was the night 1 investigation, Fitz was night 2, and you were night 3. That's all been said publicly.

At this point I think it's well worth risking the life of the investigator or other PR. There's a very good chance there is only tonight left, and that if we lynch wrong, we may not even GET tonight. So outing a PR is worth it if it narrows down the scumlist.

My "obsession" with you you mean? I haven't even accused you of anything all day yet! And what actions? My attempts to hunt the assassins? Is that what confuses you, you assassin? Oh wait, now I've gone and accused you.

If you don't want to share info now, fine, don't. I just think it's the most effective thing at this point. Sure, two scum could vouch for each other, but what are the odds of them pulling that off vs whatever info the town has? If a PR is dead, hopefully someone in the town knows that and could refute them. This whole game's been quiet, so there's not a lot of discussion to go on, so I'm trying to get anything going so that we have SOMETHING to base a lynch on. And a no-lynch day is NOT an option, since if there's 2 scum, they'd just have to kill again tonight to tie things up and thereby win. (I'm assuming the vig is dead since there was no kill last night, but I suppose there's a chance we still have a vig who was blocked)

I don't know that you're not the investigator. I know I am not, but I have no idea who is. According to you, YOU are the one who was investigated last night. Are you an assassin getting confused by the stories you're telling? Sergeant was the night 1 investigation, Fitz was night 2, and you were night 3. That's all been said publicly.

At this point I think it's well worth risking the life of the investigator or other PR. There's a very good chance there is only tonight left, and that if we lynch wrong, we may not even GET tonight. So outing a PR is worth it if it narrows down the scumlist.

Mr. Orann, I did not lose my leg is a majestic battle protecting my king to be accused of being an assassin getting confused by the stories I tell. Maybe you could enlighten me as to where you seem to see confusion? I see things plain as day, maybe it is you who are confused? Or maybe you wish everyone else to be confused to protect yourself and/or your assassin buddy? I was indeed cleared last night, however you were not. Where does that leave us? It leaves us with two who are town (provided I am not the investigator) and three of you who are of questionable allegiance.

I disagree. Outing PR(s) is not worth it, only by good constructive conversation can we achieve the goal of outing assassins!

Just sayin, you all gonna jump on Rath for asking for info too?

Really, is the best you could come up for good constructive conversation?

I've finally had the opportunity to sit down and I don't like what I see. I feel quite certain that we had an SK who we got last night, but if that is the case that would mean we likely don't have a vig. I'm hesitant to have everyone claim in thread but I honestly don't know what is left to be claimed. No one claimed a role to our dearly departed sergeant, who was confirmed town on day 2. If there is a PR left, claim to Eustice and then you can decide together if you should go public.

Here's why I believe Eustice, the sergeant was cleared at the start of day 2 then the investigator found fitz on day 3, so clearly the investigator was alive yesterday. Last night, only fitz and the sergeant died, so unless the good ol sergeant was actually the investigator, the investigator survived the night and cleared one more player, presumably Eustice. Also, if the investigator was actually sergeant Redford we should have had one more person cleared since he'd have investigated someone during the first night, but instead he was the one cleared night one so I am convinced that the investigator is alive. Thus, if Eustice was lying, the investigator could counter the claim instantly, but we've heard from everyone and no one has countered her. Therefore, Eustice is town. So if you have a role, claim NOW to Eustice so she can put together everything and get the right lynch going. Otherwise, were really gonna be in a tough spot and a no lynch is a nonstarter today.

Sir Eustace, here's why I'm suggesting info be made public. IF you're the investigator, then you wouldn't have investigated yourself last night and should have a result on someone else. If you're not and are telling the truth about being cleared, then again, there should be 2 cleared people. In either case, I would know who the scum are since I know I'm town as well (assuming I'm not the other cleared person). See, telling us the info would make it obvious who the scum are.

Berdam, your logic is pretty sound except for one thing. You're ignoring the chance that Sergeant was the investigator and blocked on night 1 or cleared someone and didn't share that info. Either is completely possible - in which case we are investigator-less. If Sir Eustace is scum, they could have role-copped the sergeant and thereby be making a "safe" fake claim now.

In all this, I'm assuming that we have a lynch and the scum have a kill and that's it - no vig or SK, at least still alive, since we haven't seen other deaths. In that case, even with 3 town and 2 scum still alive, we win as long as we lynch a scum each day. We simply have to be ABSOLUTELY SURE we lynch scum, which requires information, since we have a 0% track record so far...

I'm not placing any votes yet because "reads" and "feelings" aren't enough anymore. We must KNOW. I don't trust anyone here completely, so I'm not comfortable with such a small group (and probably half of you being scum) claiming to a single person. I believe it would be more effective and safer to claim publicly.

In the meantime, I'll keep poking people to see reactions, since I suspect you (plural) are not going to agree with me and so we'll have to go with gut feelings and risk losing.

Glanred, your thoughts? Rath, any other thoughts on the discussion? No one should be quiet any more - this is life and death!

It now comes down to a matter of trust. On that note, I have now contacted all of you privately.

For the recored I had a brief conversation with our dearly departed Sergeant prior to his death. I am town, I was cleared therefore I know two of us are town and we do need a lynch today to survive. All thoughts need to be on the table and in the open.

I still disagree about the investigator claiming to all of you. You don't believe me that I was cleared last night, then you won't believe the investigator either.

To be honest I have been busy, so I apologize for not be active enough.

I don´t have much to go on because I haven´t really been in contact with anyone.

Like Almoner says, it comes down to trust now and taking risk also.

Wilfred said "I'm not placing any votes yet because "reads" and "feelings" aren't enough anymore. We must KNOW."

That is true but ye can´t know, if there isn´t much to go on and there is 1 or 2 scum lying bastards here also, mixing it up.

That is true but ye can´t know, if there isn´t much to go on and there is 1 or 2 scum lying bastards here also, mixing it up.

But we COULD know if the people with info would share. Or if we got conflicting claims, then we'd at least have 50:50 odds of catching a scummo today.

And who knows, maybe most of the town's knowledge went to the grave with Sergeant.... in which case good luck to us.

Well the conversations in private are paying off. I want you all to know I officially suspect all of you! :laugh:

Seriously, we need to talk more both here and in private. At some point someone will slip up........ or I may eventually agree with Mr. Orann. The king is very unhappy he is watching his kingdom being destroyed by it's own town members!

To be honest I have been busy, so I apologize for not be active enough.

I don´t have much to go on because I haven´t really been in contact with anyone.

Like Almoner says, it comes down to trust now and taking risk also.

Wilfred said "I'm not placing any votes yet because "reads" and "feelings" aren't enough anymore. We must KNOW."

Oh, and do I need to remind you that by giving up my leg in a fantastic ballad worthy battle for my king I earned the title 'Sir' !

Well the conversations in private are paying off. I want you all to know I officially suspect all of you! :laugh:

Seriously, we need to talk more both here and in private. At some point someone will slip up........ or I may eventually agree with Mr. Orann. The king is very unhappy he is watching his kingdom being destroyed by it's own town members!

Oh, and do I need to remind you that by giving up my leg in a fantastic ballad worthy battle for my king I earned the title 'Sir' !

Nice speech old man... Sire.

I believe th't old man here is loyal, so I ask, should everybody claim to him in private? And also, aye continue talkin here in public.

Then if it not give us th' wanted results then we claim here in public... just a suggestion!

Also Rath, have ye come up with anythin' that could help us?

Well, Glanred I've been thinkin.

There are five of use left in this town. We've had a scum die during the night, and we lynched an independent. That's two of our original 12. There is at least one assassin left. So 8 or 9 of us started the game alive and 5 have since died. We know an investigator most likely exists, and is still living. Any vig we might have had is probably dead or we didn't have one in the first place. A blocker might still be among us and keeping very silent.

(Are there other possible roles I'm forgetting)

I've gotten to a point where I think we only have an investigator left, which means 2 have been cleared (counting the investigator). If there are 2 scum left we have a 2/3rd chance of lynching one but we will also lose one of our own tonight, so tomorrow would be 2 vs 1. If there is one scum left then we have a 1/3rd chance but if we're wrong and we lose one tonight, tomorrow will also be 2 vs 1. The only case in which town loses today is if there are 2 scum but the two confirmed townies lynch the other townie. I think we should put votes out to see where everyone falls, we can change them still with the time left.

Well, Glanred I've been thinkin.

There are five of use left in this town. We've had a scum die during the night, and we lynched an independent. That's two of our original 12. There is at least one assassin left. So 8 or 9 of us started the game alive and 5 have since died. We know an investigator most likely exists, and is still living. Any vig we might have had is probably dead or we didn't have one in the first place. A blocker might still be among us and keeping very silent.

(Are there other possible roles I'm forgetting)

Pretty good thinking and I don´t think other roles have been used in this game.... but never know.

I've gotten to a point where I think we only have an investigator left, which means 2 have been cleared (counting the investigator). If there are 2 scum left we have a 2/3rd chance of lynching one but we will also lose one of our own tonight, so tomorrow would be 2 vs 1. If there is one scum left then we have a 1/3rd chance but if we're wrong and we lose one tonight, tomorrow will also be 2 vs 1. The only case in which town loses today is if there are 2 scum but the two confirmed townies lynch the other townie. I think we should put votes out to see where everyone falls, we can change them still with the time left.

Hmm maybe

vote: Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis)

I think Rath has been sliding under the radar since this game has started. He's new so he's gotten a pass and no one is suspicious that he's not added anything of substance, but I'm calling him on it now.

So now it is quiet again. I too will then cast a vote.

Vote: Glanred (Mencot)

Besides not contributing much in substance over the course of four days, and something said to me in private just doesn't sit right with me, feels off even for him. If there are any PRs at all, please claim to me in private now before the final vote goes in for the day.

This game seems too be all 'bout being quiet, lazy and not contributing much of contens. 'nd I am not the only one, this goes to all twelve.

I don't know how this is gonna go down today 'nd end. But it has been an honour mi King to be a part of this place... To bad we were not alert enough to find the traitors earlier.

Of the people left, it is hard to see who would be a traitor. We have lost friends here, the shame I feel now is that we wanted to lynch Fitz, altough he was neutral it seem he was the one that killed that dragon Killer.

But who should feel most ashame is old man Almoner, "loyal man" long time supporter of th king... You are lying, you killed th sarge.

Ye claim that you are now the investigator or investigated... The role our late sarge probably had and you have stolen, to try to gain our trust.

Shame on you. Looking back it all fits, Give yeself up maybe the king will spare thee for ye long loyal service.

Vote: sir Eustace Almoner (lady K)

Speak up everybody, what do ye think.

Good thing is that there is still some time to change votes.

You have approximately 29 hours remaining.

Vote Tally

Glanred (Mencot) - 1 (Lady K)

Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis) - 1 (jluck)

Sir Eustace Almoner (Lady K) - 1 (Mencot)

Wow. This is, like, some of the most exciting voting of the whole game!

I still believe that Sir Eustace is loyal to the king, and therefore telling the truth. I base this on his history throughout this hunt and discussions we've been having today in private.

I still believe the rest of the positions I staked out yesterday. I believe that Glanred and/or Berdam are the remaining assassins, and Rath may or may not be.

So, to help push things towards a conclusion (and since no one seems to want to share any actual information today like I suggested), I will join Sir Eustace and

Vote: Glanred (mencot)

Good see ye join in Wilfred 'nd nice to see ye continue the witch hunt.

If there is 2 scum left, it is pretty clear it is Wilfred and old man Almoner!