Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire

Kingdoms Mafia - Day One

24504848390_6a5af465f3_n.jpg

From the writings of Trystane Adeus

It wasn't long before we became aware of the plot against the King. The day after the Drakenguard withdrew and we were burying our dead and recovering from the assault, General Avrel discovered the first of the assassins. Norbert, the village headman: a stout, likeable fellow who seemed like the last person who would betray us. We had no judge, no jury, but we brought him before the King for judgement...

24553595669_7f21972199_z.jpg

24894922376_63d165f5d9_z.jpg

Norbert was not only unrepentant, he seemed almost proud of his actions. He publicly denounced the King as a tyrant and a coward, and laughed in our faces, jeering that it didn't matter that he had been caught - that there were more assassins, that they wouldn't stop until the King was dead, and that we were all doomed for supporting him. The King, shocked and white-faced, was about to open his mouth when Norbert moved like a streak of lightning. He knocked a nearby barrel over, grabbed a knife underneath it and lunged for King Rustus. Luckily the General got to him before he could reach the King...

24921222455_d1c8ef397a_z.jpg

24803272162_067a14a7f0_z.jpg

As Fitzwilliam dragged the body away, we realised that someone must have left the dagger under the barrel on purpose. It was obvious that he wasn't working alone, and now a dark fog of suspicion and uncertainty began to descend on all our heads. Nobody, not even the King's own soldiers and advisers, was above suspicion, and as the hours drew on, we began to turn on another....

24827880351_d09348485e_z.jpg

General Avrel was the last person to speak before we all returned to our watch positions, "Listen. These are troubled times, and I understand you're all feeling angry, scared and uncertain. But I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. There are spies - assassins - among us, and if we do not root them out then we will all die. Every one of us, and with us the Kingdom itself. So I want a suspect by sundown." And with that, he turned and left, cloak swirling around himself. The deadly witch-hunt had begun.

Characters

24170869353_276327e8c8_t.jpg King Rustus II (NPC)

24797738575_a35fb875ea_t.jpg General Avrel (NPC)

24169574974_2aa5fe9301_t.jpg Trystane Adeus, historian and adviser to the King (NPC)

24771508316_5daac5bf4d_t.jpg Lord Drakensyne (NPC)

24502204610_47e9686fa3_t.jpg Sergeant Radford (def)

24169575784_b0ddcd3482_t.jpg Corporal Banning (Tariq j)

24502204090_2c8f9a63bd_t.jpg Fitzwilliam (JackJonespaw)

24704245361_2c2c6053f8_t.jpg Sir Eustace Almoner (Lady K) - military adviser and former soldier

24430073739_26c9c2fbec_t.jpg Wilfred Orann (mostlytechnic) - miller

24704246731_b11ed566ac_t.jpg Mairn Upswich (mediumsnowman) - town drunk

24170868923_f9ee31a3be_t.jpg Alanna Moreton (Lord Duvors) - "heart-throb"

24704246591_d22c173f0b_t.jpg Felix Anderson (KingoftheZempk) - fisherman

24797737785_b89e66539c_t.jpg Rath Skarbin (Umbra-Manis) - mercenary

24704246331_ddf834806e_t.jpg Klaer Messell (Piratedave84) - blacksmith and trainee warrior

24502205130_3a2905f81b_t.jpg Berdam Blost (jluck) - innkeeper

24797738975_1fbedbde79_t.jpg Glanred (Mencot) - woodcutter and ruffian

The Rules

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Town or the Drakenguard Assassins. To win the game, the Town must kill all of the Drakenguard Assassins, while the Drakenguard Assassins must outnumber the Town. Any Independent players have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. At the end of the day, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

3. A game day will last for 72 hours. You may vote at any point in the day. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage. Deliberately quoting your role PM either in PM with other players or in-thread will result in a mod-kill of your character.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread; you must always play the role given to you. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will have a penalty, possibly suspension, made at the discretion of the Games Moderator.

8. You may not edit your posts. Editing your post will result in a vote penalty on the first two occasions, and a mod-kill on the third.

9. You must post in every day thread. If you do not post in a day thread without an excuse, your character will be mod-killed.

10. If you encounter a problem or have any further questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

11. There are no gameplay mechanics or hints in the pictures; it is all flavour and story.

12. Role Play. I tried to give every character some traits / personality aspects, so have fun!

Oh dear! King Rustus, I am but a humble barkeep, but you are welcome to any service I can offer. These are troubled times indeed.

'nd here we go, ol' Norbert was a traitor. Who woul' h'd guess? My,my...

Gentlemen, clearly something worse than boy-hood tomfoolery is afoot! I entreat you all that you immediately give yourself up if you plot against our king - much simpler, that.

Traitors, these assassins are all traitors! Justice must be served swiftly! I lost my leg in service to my king and I will defend him at all cost! We must pull together right now...... everyone fall in formation for inspection immediately!

My lord! We will do whatever it takes to protect you. Even I, a lowly fisherman, will answer the call to protect you.

Huh? What? Assassins? Here, in Cresthaven? Seems pretty far-fetched. But, I'll admit I was pretty drunk. The last few hours are a bit hazy, but I'll take your word for it. :shrug_confused:

I do seem to be fairly sober now though... wouldn't want t vote while drunk. That could lead to all kinds of problems. :look"

OoC: Yeesh. All kinds of typos up there. Sorry. :blush:

OoC: Yeesh. All kinds of typos up there. Sorry. :blush:

Just chalk it up to your drunkeness this time, lad, and we'll be fine.

Just chalk it up to your drunkeness this time, lad, and we'll be fine.

Sounds good. That's what I do with everything else anyways, like the time I accidently fell in that pile of pig feces... I told everyone I was drunk, but in reality I just wasn't looking where I was going. :look:

Just to be clear, I am a miller in my job here in Cresthaven, not a miller in this hunt for the dastardly assassins.

I knew their withdrawal seemed too easy.... but how on earth did they convince Norbert to turn traitor? I thought I knew him well... obviously I was mistaken.

Now, we hunt the other assassins. For the king!

Just to be clear, I am a miller in my job here in Cresthaven, not a miller in this hunt for the dastardly assassins.

I knew their withdrawal seemed too easy.... but how on earth did they convince Norbert to turn traitor? I thought I knew him well... obviously I was mistaken.

Now, we hunt the other assassins. For the king!

Just to be perfectly clear, you're not claiming Miller right?

Hidey-ho everyone, you're beloved sergeant here, that is pronounced ser-ji-ent[/] and not sar-gent. Once again, I am here to fulfill my role as the towniest of towns. You have no fear of me. I have a roughly 75% chance of being town. With me being a vanilla the last time around, the chance of me being a vanilla two games in a row is roughly 25%. The chance of me being godfather? Why, a mere 8% or so, though actually zero as I am so damn town.

All the same, judge me on my well-established character, and not these silly percentiles. Have no worry, none may be towniest than I :sweet:

Added: gah! Foiled by manually inputted tags!

Hidey-ho everyone, you're beloved sergeant here, that is pronounced ser-ji-ent[/] and not sar-gent. Once again, I am here to fulfill my role as the towniest of towns. You have no fear of me. I have a roughly 75% chance of being town. With me being a vanilla the last time around, the chance of me being a vanilla two games in a row is roughly 25%. The chance of me being godfather? Why, a mere 8% or so, though actually zero as I am so damn town.

All the same, judge me on my well-established character, and not these silly percentiles. Have no worry, none may be towniest than I :sweet:

The towniest of towns?! Impossible, good sir, for I am in fact the towniest of towns! :angry:

Story of my life right there! Don't worry, the booze helps one to forget about life struggles, including, but not limited too, such misfortunes as terrible, uneditable typos. :hmpf_bad:

Added: ...and they screwed me over too. This is not a good Day 1 for my poor keyboard. :cry_sad:

Ah! 'Tis the words of a godfather! Suspicion be placed upon from the highest courts! Your numbers only confuse, yet I, the brave and clever Fitzwilliam, can see through your percentages, damned godfather! :laugh:

Ah nay "sarge" here we go again. We had heard th's before... :tongue:

Sorry for not speaking out earlier dears, I was indisposed. Still, I'm here now.

The more the merrier! This applies to not only people, but drinks too. Wanna round? It's on me. Just kidding. I'm broke.

Ah nay "sarge" here we go again. We had heard th's before... :tongue:

And you will hear it again. It is the truth. And the truth is unwavering. It's always there, with you, giving you strength.

And you will hear it again. It is the truth. And the truth is unwavering. It's always there, with you, giving you strength.

Aye, th' truth be out there! Just like th' traitors among us, they will taste mi ax'

Aye, th' truth be out there! Just like th' traitors among us, they will taste mi ax'

Now, lad, your words are seemingly open to interpretation, but if my ears do hear correctly, I do agree with your valiant spirit.

Although, again, 'tis quite unclear. I suppose this is why you are but a woodcutter.

Just to be perfectly clear, you're not claiming Miller right?

Correct, I am a miller who grinds grain so ye can eat, not a miller who is a townie that appears scum in an investigation :)

Bah. I walk in circles all day around my grindstone. These numbers you speak are way over my head. Now that I think about it though, you haven't been buying as much of my grain lately.... perhaps you have another source of supply? Hm? Hmmmmm? I'm watching you. Just like I watch everyone. Except when I'm dizzy from walking in circles. Then I can't watch much of anything.

The more the merrier! This applies to not only people, but drinks too. Wanna round? It's on me. Just kidding. I'm broke.

You ever tried drinking out of a fish's gullet? Weirdest thing I tell you.

You ever tried drinking out of a fish's gullet? Weirdest thing I tell you.

Well this one time I had lost me lucky bottle and was out on the docks... I saw this fish, and I was real thirsty... you know what, let's talk about something else. *shudder*