Rook

Rook’s Micro City

Rook’s Micro City

There’s shout out to SWU but I feel this is more Sci-Fi than SWU. Completed this several weeks ago, but finally got around to photographing this. For window display @ Fairview.

6856738804_58fb721804_z.jpg

7002893417_729cff3e9e_z.jpg

Flickr

Photobucket

Very nice micro scale city. I like the look&feel.

I'm impressed you can get so much variation and still hold true to the theme.

I clicked on the link thinking ohh micro stuff should be ok to look at.

But then I saw it, man thats some impressive work there :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I just had to comment, well done

I love the colours, the structures and especially the spaceport (is it supposed to be one?)

Also love the fact that it seems to be expandable :thumbup:

I love the colours, the structures and especially the spaceport (is it supposed to be one?)

Also love the fact that it seems to be expandable :thumbup:

Yeah I might add a few more ships in docking positions before I display it in April. There's two small ships flying around and the micro SWU set landing. I think I’ll add another 1-2 docked. :thumbup:

Awesome. I really like that you've added greenery to break up the grey. I'm gonna have check this out in person. I can't wait to see it! :thumbup:

AWESOME creation 'Rook' :grin: , but why isn't posted in the SW forum....you do have a CW Republic Destroyer above the city and it totally looks it would appear in CW for sure. :wink:

Excellent use of trans-blue and lime green to add colour to a grey landscape. :thumbup:

Brick On 'Rook' ! :classic:

Lovely work. Can't wait to check it out :)

Love the trans med blue and dark bley colour scheme. And the Rook City backdrop works really nice from a low angle.

And the little sail boat is inspired.

Awesome! I really like the space train on the cable. Everything is just great. The detail is pretty impressive. :thumbup:

Lovely work. Can't wait to check it out :)

Love the trans med blue and dark bley colour scheme. And the Rook City backdrop works really nice from a low angle.

And the little sail boat is inspired.

The sailboat I've done before and I've seen other builders use the same 2 brick technique. :thumbup:

The city looks superb Rook. Great job. Any chance of a close up shot or two of the Venator? Its so cute and I would love to have a crack at building one myself.

The city looks superb Rook. Great job. Any chance of a close up shot or two of the Venator? Its so cute and I would love to have a crack at building one myself.

The Venator is from the polybag set. I just added a piece or two probably. Though now I've removed it because the scale for it was off. I've instead added in a few ships from the Advent Calendar.

Great moc, love the color green you've used. And that micro-ship is very nice! :classic:

I swapped out the Venator for several of Advent ships. I’ll take some pictures when I do the install. :thumbup:

Eco-dome at the top of the large building wins it for me.:thumbup:

Awesome build Rook.

Hello!

What an inspiring pleasure for your eyes! :sweet: All the different shapes for the buildings are fantastic and give it a realistic future city look. :classic: I like the use of transparent light blue glass elements throughout the city. Everything looks perfect here. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I just saw this in person ..l. and pictures don't do it justice... it really is an awesome build. :thumbup:

way to go Arch-Hero!

Like I said on Flickr, what with the color scheme as well as the micro build theme, this looks like Master Builder Academy Level 1 Kit 2 on steroids - wish I could see it in person, it's fantastic in pictures!

It's up now. Sadly I only had iPhone with me so I'll shot some better pictures when I remove it in 4 weeks.

Edited by Rook

The color scheme and ecological outlay of this build blows my mind .... I really love it and this is what i kind of feel future citys will look like if humanity got more responsible.

Very nice build indeed. :)

The color scheme and ecological outlay of this build blows my mind .... I really love it and this is what i kind of feel future citys will look like if humanity got more responsible.

Very nice build indeed. :)

And if you squint the space port building looks like a mushroom cloud, if humanity got less responsible. :laugh:

-------------------------------------------------------

Images from while on display at Fairview Mall, Toronto, ON.

7153613009_f321ac6254.jpg

7153594209_7e7c1a3452.jpg

Edited by Rook

And if you squint the space port building looks like a mushroom cloud, if humanity got less responsible. :laugh:

Hahaha ... Well, better have one made of "bricks" than one made from the fallout of an actual wave of bombs ... Besides, you can have an apartment with a very good view in your version.

I bet that the view from that altitude in case of a real nuke would be just as beautiful ... Just not everlasting as your build. ;)

Edited by LEGO Family