ACPin

Jabba's Prize

From my dungeon to yours!

Happy Holidays!

5302111637_38028436df_z.jpg

Click the pic for more details!

AC

Excellent overhead lighting! Very realistic, the photo looks like it's directly taken from the scene in the movie. Great job as always AC! One of the strongest entry so far. :thumbup:

This is a great scene as we have all come to expect from you ACPin :thumbup: , but photography wise it looks too dark and not clear/sharp enough. Maybe it is my computer, but I have the brightness up full and it is still too shadowy for my liking. :cry_sad:

This is pretty wild. The details make a difference. The hanging animal heads; the first is a tauntaun, I'm not sure of the second. The arch in the foreground is covering the light? I think the lighting is good overall, dark, as Jabba's palace was.

Yeah fantastic MOC scene. I am a little confused as to what is mounted on the wall opposite of the tauntaun. Is that the dewback?

Otherwise great lighting. I love the shadow casted by the roof.

Great shot, AC!

As KDM already pointed out, the lightning is really, really good. Good luck for the contest!

Excellent overhead lighting! Very realistic, the photo looks like it's directly taken from the scene in the movie. Great job as always AC! One of the strongest entry so far. :thumbup:

This particular scene relies heavily on the lighting effect which I've had to try various ways to get the correct effect. Plus minor changes were also done to the details as you can see from the webpage if you've clicked on the link.

This is a great scene as we have all come to expect from you ACPin :thumbup: , but photography wise it looks too dark and not clear/sharp enough. Maybe it is my computer, but I have the brightness up full and it is still too shadowy for my liking. :cry_sad:

Must be your computer and realize that if you're looking only at the pic from this page which is not of the higher resolution. Click on the pic to get a better view and find more...

This is pretty wild. The details make a difference. The hanging animal heads; the first is a tauntaun, I'm not sure of the second. The arch in the foreground is covering the light? I think the lighting is good overall, dark, as Jabba's palace was.

Dark as it should be but the little details had to come out with the correct positioning of the light. Yes, there's only one overhead lamp used for the shots. The arch does not cover the light if you've looked at the other pics. The other animal head is the dinosaur head mentioned by Walter below.

Nice shot, the lightnng is just amazing

All the effort that went to this was worthwhile. :sweet:

Good! The lightning from the roof on the ground looks just real :thumbup:

Of course it is real, a lot of adjustments done just to get the correct shadows casting on the floor and not on the details. :grin:

Yeah fantastic MOC scene. I am a little confused as to what is mounted on the wall opposite of the tauntaun. Is that the dewback?

Otherwise great lighting. I love the shadow casted by the roof.

It's a dinosaur head as mentioned prior and also about the lighting.

I love the lighting effect in this scene. Very well done.

And you guys need to try a little harder identifying the non-Taun Taun. It clearly looks to me to be one of these dinosaur heads.

Care to make a guess about the spotlight on Han carbonite?

You got that right about the dinosaur head with two black horns added to it (previously white in the other pics).

Great shot, AC!

As KDM already pointed out, the lightning is really, really good. Good luck for the contest!

Thanks and ditto about the lighting effects.

AC

Care to make a guess about the spotlight on Han carbonite?

Sure, I'll try it. Let's see, Smokebelch (or was it Fenris?) achieved a similar blue hue in one of his photos. And to do it he used an cell phone. I'll make that my final answer.

Sure, I'll try it. Let's see, Smokebelch (or was it Fenris?) achieved a similar blue hue in one of his photos. And to do it he used an cell phone. I'll make that my final answer.

Tried that but the beam was not concentrated enough and found a small led flashlight that did the trick.

AC

Nice entry! Really love the detail everywhere! :classic:

Tempted at first to just do a close-up (middle part) but felt much better to have done the full scene with all the little details. :sweet:

AC

Lots of small details and the light coming from the ceiling is really impressive.

Lots of small details and the light coming from the ceiling is really impressive.

Started at first with the main structure and slowly added most of the details based from the actual movie scene. That lighting from just one lamp was much more tricky but just tried to vary the position until the required effect for the scene was achieved.

Great entry ACPin!

The lighting is fantastic! Good luck!

CF

^Ditto about the lighting^ I did mention in a previous post that a small led flashlight was used on Han carbonite.

AC