Sign in to follow this  
Mos_Eisley

The Old Ball and Chain

Han was finally finished. It was the work of many months, but the basement was finally converted into his dream man cave. To celebrate, Han invited the guys over for cards and the Boonta Eve Classic.

everyday1.jpg

No man cave would be complete without a full bar, and 3PO is ready to serve! Besides a full selection of wine and spirits, commemorative Alderaan Ale and Bespin Lite are available on draft. Han's most prized possession is this photo Lando took as Han and the Falcon ended their famous Kessel Run.

everyday2.jpg

Wicket just can't stop playing the arcade version of Call of Duty 9: Galactic Warfare. I have to admit, the multiplayer is really addictive. Here you can also see Han's trophy and plaque from winning Roon's Annual Mynock Hunt.

everyday3.jpg

Lando never passes a chance to play a little Talus Hold 'em. Even though he has to fold his winning hands to Chewie, he's able to take plenty of credits from R2.

everyday4.jpg

It feels like you're actually there when you watch podracing on Sony's new 90-inch 4320p Kaiburr Crystal Display Ultra Definition TV. A signed, race-worn jersey of Han's favorite podracer, Ark "Bumpy" Roose, is proudly displayed on the wall.

everyday5.jpg

Unfortunately, Leia isn't quite as excited about the new basement. Han hasn't left the room since he finished it 3 days ago. She finds his lack of help around the house disturbing. Keep watching, any moment now Jacen's rattle is going to be thrown at Han.

everyday6.jpg

He didn't even know women were allowed in the man cave. If only the remote could turn her off like that one Adam Sandler movie. Han often finds himself wishing he was still frozen in carbonite. Luke just wishes she would get out of the way.

everyday7.jpg

everyday8.jpg

Thank you to KimT and everyone else involved with this contest! There are some great entries so far and I look forward to seeing many more as the contest comes to a close!

OMG !

That's so smegging AWESOME and FUNNY at the same time, I till my hat to you 'Mos_Eisley' one of the best SW vig's (minus ACPin's) I have seen in months.

Keep up the cool work......and dam, my Vader Overhauled has no chance ! :cry_sad:

Good luck and may the brick be will you ! :sweet:

Impressive creation as always Mos_Eisley! Astounding details as usual in your MOC, very well though-of scenes. Best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Oh wow!! My favorite entry so far. So many details and I love the walls. Very funny :laugh: Best of luck.

Amazing job :thumbup:

Hello!

A very sparkling-looking living room you created here. Everything is so shiny. :classic: What fascinates me most is something different however. There are no studs on the floor where you would expect them, but they are on the walls instead where you would not expect them. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Wow! I'm jealous of this mancave! I love the walls, and the decor and furniture is amazing! I like how C3PO is dressed up :laugh::thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW, where's Han's medal from ANH? :grin:

Edited by prateek

This creation is amazingly good! I really like the SW references, and the overall everything is great. Props to your bar and card table, really looks like a man cave. I don't like the mid jumper plates for the walls though, but thats really minor, and when compared to the rest of the moc, it is even more minor. Only suggestion would be to put some more manly-ness in the cave. There is a lot of open space that might be nicely filled by a cool pool table.

Wow, This is by far my favorite so far. The basement is awesome. I love the walls, you've obviously seen a real mancave basement before. The details just kill me, they are all perfect. Just enough and not too much. :thumbup:

Mos_Eisley strikes again! My favorite part is the jersey, I love how you substituted 'Roose' for 'Rose'. :classic:

BTW, where's Han's medal from ANH? :grin:

He had to sell it and the Falcon to pay for the wedding. I wanted to include it, but unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a solution for it that I liked so I just had to skip it.

Thanks everyone for the comments. This was a fun one to build, especially as I'm not usually much of an interior builder. I had a few more ideas for things to have around the room but in the end I thought they just cluttered the area too much.

Superbly done, the look on Leia's face is priceless.

Lots of wonderful details to look at, but not at all cluttered.

Very good work, I can't stop myself from continually going back to look at it!

This is awesome, but I just LOVE Han's expression. He looks a lot like the stereotypical male couch potato. Once again, great job!

-Santhor

Pure win! Nice idea, I sure would like on of those rooms.

Congratulations for winning! :)