Catanas

DC Doodles - Superheroes month

Hey guys!Since I loved the idea of Superhero month and havn't exercised my drawing hand properly for a while I decided to add my own little contribution to the proceedings! Every couple of days for the rest of Superhero month I intend to doodle a DC hero or villain in Lego style on Photoshop with some modifications to costumes if needed!I have a few ideas of my own, but if there is any particular DC hero/villain you want drawn, just mention it in this thread and I might well have a go at it and hopefully by the end of the month we'll have a delightful collection of images!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going to start off with Supergirl as she is one of my favourite characters with regards to colour and personality. (In some versions at least

:tongue: ) As much as I liked the version in Lego Batman 2, I wasn't very happy with the re-use of Supermans belt so I decided to draw a little inspiration from the 1984 movie version. I'm pretty pleased with how bright and airy this turned out and the change of belt makes her a little more unique from Superman! As a little giggle I also decided to throw in Streaky the Supercat! :grin:

8166831429_421fc395e0.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next up is Star Sapphire. This is a character I would love to see in Lego, as with most of the other Lanterns of course!

:tongue: Being one of Green Lanterns oldest foes and his main love interest I figured she could be next on the list. I decided to give a little mixture of old and new to the costume as the original I found a little dated and the new one was just a teeny bit too sexy for a toy :grin:. Note the Wonderwoman hairpiece and new ring piece in Dark Violet! In the background is the Star Sapphires home planet of Zamaron. (The first one to MOC Zamaron wins a cookie!)

8167583120_bef6520461.jpg

(Note, have removed the belt as I felt this version looked better!)

Edit: I think a little credit has to go to Superficial Username for using the WW headpiece on his design! I'm pretty sure I saw it and that's what got stuck in my head! Thanks!

Ahhh Hush. Of course, as requested I borrowed Lego's version and slapped a jacket on him! I decided to add one or two little extra details to spide it up a bit and I also found drawing a jacket on a Lego figure takes a lot of fiddling about! Anywho, I thought I best make this one a little darker given the subject matter and decided to set it in a foggy trainyard, though I may have spent a little too long on the background

:tongue: . Anywho, Hush!

8169986768_3e4ae8bc1c.jpg

Black Lantern Firestorm/ Deathstorm. For those of you not in the know, Blackest Night was a fairly recent story which spanned the entire DC universe. The basic premise was that Black Lantern rings spread across the universe raising the dead to feed on the emotions of the living and then end all life. Deathstorm was one of the more prominent Lanterns and the first to return after Blackest Night. I found this one quite tricky actually. A pain to pose and then get the costume right while maintaining a Lego-ish feel! Hopefully its not too dark

:tongue:

8203458682_40d3471c86.jpg

'Battle Damaged' Clark Kent was an interesting one to do! I decided to go with the official Clark kent look from the video game as I do quite like that. The only trouble was that his suit is the same colour as his Supersuit! I had to think of a couple of ways to seperate up the colour a little and think I did ok. My favourite part about this though is the pose, with the famous push up of the glasses!

8177562128_de4a24c878.jpg

Hawk and Dove are the avatars for War and Peace respectively. Though I havn't read much about them, what I have read I liked and from a design standpoint I really like how they look. I also enjoy the contrast in both colours and personality!

8179857644_1368f18799.jpg

Lobo, self proclaimed Main Man. I thought I'd try something a little different this time and hdd his bike in too since it's such an important part of the character.

:tongue: Though I'm reasonably happy with the result, something irks me!

8182758512_89723aed1c.jpg

Edit : On reflection, I don't like this at all. I might have to go back to it at some point :P

Atrocitus! Leader of the Red lanterns and his faithful feline, Dex-Starr. I took about 3 cracks at this before I got a pose I was happy with. Hopefully the Rage comes across nicely. I also figured Streaky could use a furry companion!

8189808078_476c6775b1.jpg

Updated : Scarier face! Huzzah!

Jay, Lark and Raven. The Penguins henchgirls! Posing was a bit of a pain on these ones, plus fitting them all onto my special square! :D

Turned out quite nice though, and that's the Iceberg Lounge in the background by the way.

8195006568_d190208e4a.jpg

After looking at the various incarnations of Green Arrow, I decided to settle on the classic look. He is a great character and I have very muched enjoyed Arrow while doodling! I'm quite pleased with the pose and the face, and I also prefer how the hood looks compared to the traditional hat.

lego_green_arrow6_163.png

Steel vs Metallo was a nice fun one to draw. Its tricky trying to get two characters who are in combat to look in the same direction, which is what I am trying to with these. And the Steel Mill helped me maintain the different background looks I'm also going for! All different colours! Huzzah.

steel_vs_metallo2_571.png

Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, the jokers of the League. Or at least they were till Blue Beetle was shot. I've loved Booster Gold ever since I first saw him but only really started looking into Blue Beetle recently and am extremely happy with what I have found! They're great fun individually and even better as a pair!

beetle_booster_lego4_313.png

Ahh Batgirl. Always wanted but never given. I was happy with Stephanie Brown being requested as I've grown to have quite a liking for the character and I love the little hints of purple. Now I know underarm printing isn't really available but I felt it just added a little more to the picture.

lego_batgirl2_140.png

Being a huge fan of the Flash I figured I may as well have a go at his colourful Rogues! The versions I went for were the main rogues from Geoff Johns Flash run which followed Wally West. We have: Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Heatwave and The Trickster! I decided to make a couple of the headpieces similar to the design the Flash had in the videogame to make things more consistent! Quite pleased with these!

rogues83_161.png

I've always liked Huntress as a character. She just seemed that little bit too flawed to be truly accepted but still kicked a lot of megablocks. I decided to go for a less sexy and more practical version of the outfit, as befits a toy! I also used the same idea for the helmet as I did with Batgirl. Having the mask be attached to the hair and the chin/cheeks be part of the printing as I never really liked the whole helmet thing on the female characters.

huntress_lego22_363.png

Probably a bit of cheat, but I thought I'd throw my own DC hero into the mix here (If only). Had a bit of a redesign of the costume and threw her in with a villain of mah favourite heroes! Might be some recognisable places in the background too! Anywho, Speedcat!

lego_speedcat4_970.png

In Brickest Day...

In Blockest Night..

No Clone brand shall escape my sight...

Ahhh, the Lanterns (Click on the image to see the full version!). I wanted to do something bigger with these guys and finally got round to it! A few little flaws here and there but overall happy :) I decided we know what Lego Hal looks like so had him being overwhelmed by the delightful Parallax once again, and it certainly would be a nice figure with that shoulder armour. Lego Kilowog was a different beast, I'd seen minifigure versions before and felt they just didnt work as he should be bigger. With that in mind I developed a midi figure to sit between Hulk size and Minifigure size ;) Ch'p is the friends Squirrel with a new paint job and the rest of them are pretty self explanatory!

green_lanterns_final_linking_134.png

Supergirl as she may appear in Nolans universe. This is based upon an image circulating the internet created by Josh of Fan Art Exhibit for an IGN employee named Alexis. There's also a couple of little pieces of Legos 'Icy' past in there.

9296498788_18a22da936_o.png

After a few months without a PC and a crisis of confidence I found it pretty hard to pick this up again, but I thought I'd give my dearest Flash a good old go. And since I'm reading the New 52 Flash (which isn't half bad for those interested) I thought I'd put him and his enemy, Reverse Flash, into my piccies! I spent a bit more time making this one a scene, though it wasn't intended to be at first. The Rogues were added halfway and it just made the picture that much more interesting! See if you can spot them all! Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Golden Glider and Weather Wizard! There's also a little homage to The Lego Movie in there too! ^^

13207663633_f01f0c3f1e_c.jpg

A few people asked for Jaime over in the superheroes thread and since I do like the character and his very distinct appearance I thought I'd give it a shot! I threw in some OMACs and Brother Eye to make the spacey background a little more interesting and hopefully it worked! Funnily enough it does seem to be the backgrounds that give me hassle most of the time.

lego_blue_beetle_by_pusskyfly-d7b7eiv.png

Lego Zatanna! Mistress of Magic! Trying to do some more dynamic stuff with my pictures and this one took a little longer because I'm working a little super team of my own! :D There's representations of a few of DC's magic characters on the cards, see if you can name them all! :)

lego_zatanna_by_pusskyfly-d7il34x.png

Swamp Thing and John Constantine! I started doing these guys when I read the Alan Moore swamp thing run last year, which was awesome. I never got round to finishing them till now, but happy I did. I really liked the idea of doing a Chewbacca style piece for swamp thing as it could increase his height and help with the distinctive face shape. The background was a little rushed, but it works. Might go back and fix that later ^^

lego_john_constantine_and_swamp_thing_by_pusskyfly-d7j46c3.png

Well, here we go. At last. It was supposed to be for Batmans 75th but I got a got a depressed and such so it couldn't be :(

But in honour of the caped crusader I thought I'd put together an image of many different versions of them and I found out that I really, really, really don't like drawing caves. :D

Click the image for a larger version.

lego_batmen_link_image_204.jpg

Wonder Woman against Ares, The God of War. Ares is a character I've not really taken a huge interest in before but recently have found his design to be pretty striking.

So I thought I'd put him to digital pen and see what I could come up with!

ares_vs_ww32_191.png

Edited by Catanas

Awwwwww...only DC? :sad:

Very nice drawing, you have a lot of talent. I look forward to the next installment.

Hush from the Lego Batman games, try and add his overcoat he wears in the comics.

Also try Batman in his 1997 suit (bit of a challenge and a crap movie but I love that suit.)

Aren't you a talented person?! :wub:

I just love all of your artwork that I've seen and suppose that your contribution to the forum will be much praised from fans like me, if you keep the thread running! I'm looking forward to seeing more, and more! :sweet:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

:distressed: If you're entering any of these for the Avatar icon, you've beat me! I'm planning to draw my superhero minifig.

Awesome skills!

-Sci

This is absolutely amazing, I :wub: it! You are clearly a very talented artist and I hope to see more of your work around here in the future. You also have an appropriate tag for your profile... art.png

:sweet:

Catanas, glad to see you back to drawing! That supergirl is just... :wub: perfect. She has so much energy and personality. The kitty is so cute too!

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to seeing more characters throughout the month. :thumbup:

(I'd offer a suggestion for character but most my favorites are Marvel and Image heroes)

Thanks guys! Sorry its only DC, as much as I do enjoy Marvel I'm sticking to my brief :grin:

Anywho, Star Sapphire is up! Next up, Hush in overcoat!

PS: Fankoooo for the wonderful little artisty tag!

:wub_drool: Thanks Catanas, can't wait !!! :wub_drool:

EDIT: Oh dear, I didn't even look at the first post, didn't realize that Star Sapphire was there (derp), any who great job, you are really talented and I can't wait to see more.

Edited by Jackattack7

Great work, this looks very similar to some lego drawings I've been doing, have you done this on an iPad (apple) application called SKETCH BOOK PRO or by hand, im just curious, they are very very good drawings though, :)

These looks very awesome!

My fave's Supergirl :wub: She looks really amazing! :sweet::thumbup:

I also have a request, actually. A bit of a detailed one :blush:

I'd like to see Clark Kent being 'battle damaged' in such a way that his Superman-outfit is revealed as well somewhat. Like torn pants, ripped shirt and a tie that is hanging sloppily and such.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Regards,

Mitch

Great work! :thumbup:

I wish I could draw tha quickly and efficiently. :sceptic:

For now I only have one request...

LOBO!!! :excited:

Edit: More specifically the DC Animated Universe version.

Edited by chucker

Well, you already know I've always been a fan of your comic-drawing skills, and it's great to see your artworks once more and just perfect for the Super Heroes month. :sweet: And it makes me chuckle that you always get your signature "Cat" in yourdrawings (Supercat FTW! :laugh: ) Great job once again my friend, keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

You also have an appropriate tag for your profile...

art.png

Very deserving! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Very nice drawings! Are you only doing unreleased characters and only females? I'd love to se Harley Quinn. And congrats on the tag, looks pretty cool.

nice sketches! I think that all AFOL demands more characters on super heroes!

...Supercat FTW! :laugh: ...

nyan cat maybe!

(...) The first one to MOC Zamaron wins a cookie! (...)

that´s hard!

Day 3 - Hush in overcoat done! :grin:

Great work, this looks very similar to some lego drawings I've been doing, have you done this on an iPad (apple) application called SKETCH BOOK PRO or by hand, im just

curious, they are very very good drawings though, :)

Thanks very much! I actually just use a Wacom pad with photoshop for most of my work. Have bought myself an illustrator book though!

These looks very awesome!

My fave's Supergirl :wub: She looks really amazing! :sweet::thumbup:

I'd like to see Clark Kent being 'battle damaged' in such a way that his Superman-outfit is revealed as well somewhat. Like torn pants, ripped shirt and a tie that is hanging sloppily and such.

Thankee! I also have a soft spot for her! :tongue: And consider 'Battle damaged Clark' added to the list!

For now I only have one request...

LOBO!!! :excited:

Well, that might just happen :)

Very nice drawings! Are you only doing unreleased characters and only females? I'd love to se Harley Quinn. And congrats on the tag, looks pretty cool.

I'll put on her on the possibles list! Mainly playing around with unreleased ones with a couple of others thrown in :sweet:

Well, you already know I've always been a fan of your comic-drawing skills, and it's great to see your artworks once more and just perfect for the Super Heroes month. :sweet: And it makes me chuckle that you always get your signature "Cat" in yourdrawings (Supercat FTW! :laugh: ) Great job once again my friend, keep 'em coming! :thumbup:

Thanks very much Kiel! Though they're not technically my cats you might see more throughout the month! :tongue:

Thankee! I also have a soft spot for her! :tongue: And consider 'Battle damaged Clark' added to the list!

Thanks! Can't wait :sweet:

And Hush looks terrific. Really recognizable!

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

Edited by CF WeaZZel

Those look awesome. That is a remarkable skill to have. Especially for people who love LEGO and love Comics and love drawing.

Keep up the awesome work. I will definitely check back again.

Black Lantern Firestorm/Deathstorm is up! Hopefully its not toooo macabre :tongue:

:moar: :moar: :moar: :moar: I LOVE IT, it is amazing (fav villain.) Got to save that image to my files on my computer if that's alright.

Glad you like it and sure, go for it. :classic:

Those look awesome. That is a remarkable skill to have. Especially for people who love LEGO and love Comics and love drawing.

Keep up the awesome work. I will definitely check back again.

Thanks very much and please do! :grin:

These are wonderful Catanas. I especially like Supergirl. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in store for the rest of Superheroes month.

And since you're taking requests: Blue Beetle (Ted Kord version) please?

Lovely pics :sweet: I'm truly a Marvel fan, since I was never a fan of fake cities and the, shall I say, 'cheese' of DC. But there have been series that hooked me in. A good story is a good story.

If there were any characters I'd like to see: Animal Man... Mister Miracle with his flying discs, and his companions Oberon and Big Barda... Martian Manhunter...

Those are the ones. They just tickle the weird in me :grin: Now I want to go back and read my old Animal Mans, but they're in Canada :cry_sad: