LEGO Group will take over Czech production

6 replies to this topic

#1 legomilk

legomilk

• German Correspondent

Member: 513

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:15 AM

The LEGO Group and Flextronics have decided that the LEGO Group will take over operations at the Kladno packing and processing plant in the Czech Republic. The take over will take effect from 1 March 2008.

The 700 employees will change employer, but their conditions will not change due to the take-over. The LEGO Group already owns the buildings and equipment at the Kladno site.

The Kladno site is a strategic manufacturing location for the LEGO Group, due to its nearness to the Groupís large European market. The two companies stated that production transfers will not disrupt operations at either organization.

The LEGO Group will manufacture in Denmark and the Czech Republic and together with Flextronics in Mexico and Hungary.

In Kladno, the LEGO Group also operates a model-building unit. Moreover the Groupís distribution to retailers in Europe and Asia takes place from a central distribution centre in Jirny close to Kladno.

http://www.lego.com/...=&archive=false

#2 Deinonychus

Deinonychus

• Civil Rights Activist

Member: 518

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:45 AM

So, obviously things were already in motion to correct the few rumblings I had been hearing about quality issues. Sounds like this is nothing but 100% win  *y*

Posted Image

#3 Batbrick

Batbrick

• I'm back ...with a banana

Member: 1917

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:35 AM

View PostDeinonychus, on Feb 20 2008, 06:45 PM, said:

So, obviously things were already in motion to correct the few rumblings I had been hearing about quality issues. Sounds like this is nothing but 100% win  *y*
Lets hopes so, this sounds like good news.
Thanks Legomilk.

Batbrick Away!  >:-)
And see and comment on KDog's hilarious Space Comic here:
Posted Image
Click on pic to see and comment now!  And please add this ad to your sig so more people can see this fantastic work!

Batbrick Away!

#4 natelite

natelite

• fewer calories than regular nate

Member: 718

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:38 PM

well, i hope it doesn't detract them from their core business of designing models and sets.

#5 Dadster

Dadster

Member: 2375

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

Its times like this that I'm reminded that Lego isn't just a fun toy and hobby of mine.  

Its a huge business making million$ each year, while putting out a fun toy that some folks incorporate into a hobby.  ;-)

Hope everything goes as planned for all parties.

#6 Cardinal Brick

Cardinal Brick

• Academy Teacher

Member: 2547

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

Intresting,  I wonder if this was due to problems with outsourcing or a desire for TLG to have greater control over packing, more responsive to demand and so on.
I doubt we're going to notice any diffrence as the only set I have ever had that was wrongly packed a bought in the states.
Posted Image    Posted Image

#7 M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun

Member: 379

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:16 AM

Perhaps, a good move keeping faith with Ole Kirk's motto, "Only the best is good enough".

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users