Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Hemrick the Armorer

A maker of fine armor is a craft that is much sought after throughout the land. An armorer can make a good living creating custom pieces of armor for lords and their troops. Hemrick is known throughout Avalion for his superior armor and his skill in the craft has made him a somewhat wealthy man. The ground floor of his house is a showroom for his fine wares. Above it, he makes his home with wife Arnettia. His workshop is behind the building where he shapes sheets of metal in to helmets and suits of armor.

A customer prepares to enter Hemrick's shop

Hemrick-the-Armorer1-M.jpg

Hemrick-the-Armorer2-M.jpg

Hemrick the Armorer prepares to shape a sheet of metal into a helmet.

Hemrick-the-Armorer3-M.jpg

His workshop attached to the back of his shop. Hemrick prefers an open workshop as the heat in an enclosed one would become intense.

Hemrick-the-Armorer4-M.jpg

Hemrick-the-Armorer5-M.jpg

His finest pieces are on display in his window.

Hemrick-the-Armorer9-M.jpg

Thanks for looking C&C always welcomed!

Edited by MikeyB

That look's very good. Is there an interior?

I was going to put an interior but it wasn't working out. I just didn't think a few things through. for example, I wanted to tile the floor with 2x2s tiles but i forgot to raise the wall one plate so the door would still open. I am thinking of creating a vignette to show the shop but I have another build I want to work on now (Lord Arlindus Feast) The interior is vital to that build so hopefully some of the lessons I learned on this build I can use for that MOC.

Your mocs are just awesome and this one is no execption! The colour scheme is very eyepleasing and the details are just perfect, not to much but still you keep finding new things as you see the pics. The outdoor workplace has to be my favourite! Love that chimney and the little wall going round his workplace!

Great job!

Very nice - love the outdoor forge and chimney! Great little touches on the roof as well. :thumbup:

Good work lad!

Just what we were shooting for!

This reminds me a lot of the blue house from MMV. that is not a bad thing, just a comment!

EDIT: Since I moved over here for the guild wars, I was not familiar with anything you had done before, but your work so far has been great!

thanks for the comments.

My favorite part is the outdoors workshop as well. Looking at the photos though you loose some of the details, I might shoot another shot without the roof on so you can see the workbenchs, anvils, tools, etc I did borrow the chimney idea for siren-of titans Drake Inn chimney. Initally I had a stack of 1x1 rounds but it wasn't very stable and when I saw his, I thought it was a great solution!

@ZCerberus, actually these are my first MOC. I posted it elsewhere but I have been a lego fanatic for years, the first set I remember getting was the yellow castle and really haven't had a dark ages, just some grey period. I have lurked for a long time here for years but it was the guild project (and Maydayartist's project and Defrel Cadarn's great tutorial!)that inspired me to start building MOC. Now I have list of ideas that keeps growing!

I :wub: it, 'MikeyB'.....that forge is the bomb ! :grin:

Now that's raising the bar.....my locksmith's will have to be as good as that. :blush:

Great work 'MikeyB' ! :classic:

Avalonia Forever !

This is yet another awesome build from you! A really great addition to Albion with such a quaint cosy look. I really like the forge, you did a good job there with the roof and chimney. Lots of great details all over and a nice little staircase too. Love it :thumbup:

Whoa, MikeyB! Totally loving this!

It really fits the style of Albion so far, and the armor on display is a great touch. Keep up the great work!

A very good armourers shop although more "suits" in-progress might be good.

Maybe I am a little too ambitious for Albion... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Venunder

Wow Mikey!

I didn't realize these were your first MOCs - colour me impressed - I would have thought you'd been doing these for years.

For some reason I just LOVE the roof you built. It's just so fitting.

Wow Mikey!

I didn't realize these were your first MOCs - colour me impressed - I would have thought you'd been doing these for years.

For some reason I just LOVE the roof you built. It's just so fitting.

thanks, that means a lot from someone of your caliber. I have been watching and learning for a few years on these forums. There are some great builders here!

Sadly I haven't had time lately to build much. Hopefully in a month or two Ill be able to spend more time building but life has just been so hectic lately. I am determined to finish each challenge and I still have a long list of builds I want to do for Lord Arlindus lands' of Circardia

Nice looking house. The windows in the bottom floor work really well :thumbup:

I also like the log bricks over the 2nd story windows.