Sign in to follow this  
Bricktrix

MOC: 0-6-0 A1X Terrier

Would have loved to have built this using dark tan rather than reddish brown, but as so often the case, parts not available in the right colour, so reddish brown it is.

The real proto of this is quite tiny in comparison to other 0-6-0's so it was quite important to me to get this visually smaller than other engines I have built.

It does fit a minifig in the cab, just!.....hence the jumper plate in the cab floor for the drivers positioning.

One of my smallest builds and possibly biggest nightmare for 1/4 and 1/2 plate offsets within the chassis and running boards. There's not one main strong section to this,(especially in the chassis frame as I was anal enough to put the split frames in) but several small strong sections that all pull together with each other making the finished build sturdy enough and a great runner.

Obviously no power for it, which makes it usable with any LEGO train power format by being pushed or pulled by powered rolling stock from 4.5v through to PF.

This will be on show (and running) along with all my other engines and rolling stock, hopefully together with my full running display / layout (looking 95% possible at this point in time) at The Lego Show in Manchester next week.

2s.jpg

1s.jpg

3s.jpg

4s.jpg

Larger images

Edited by Bricktrix

Another great locomotive. Always a shame when you cant get the parts in the right colour but it still looks good :wub:

Yet another amazing loco, those round windows are lovely.

The design reminds me very much of your Pannier.

Simply AWESOME 'Bricktrix' :wub: , wonderful detailing....any rolling stock to join it ? :wink:

Keep up the excellent designing 'Bricktrix' ! :sweet:

I quite like it, and it isn't that wrong of a colour. Improved Engine Green isn't anyway...so why would you worry about it :) (the designer was a little colour blind !). It looks like a LBSC type colour though, quite like the 2 on Station Road Steam right now.

James

Beautiful work there Carl you have captured the look of these tiny loco's so well, it's a pity you didn't have the variety of parts in Dark Tan so she would be in Stroudley's Improved Engine Green livery but I will add she still looks a treat in Umber (Reddish Brown), nice yet cheeky touch with putting Bricktrix for the name. The amount of detail you have been able to lavish on such a small frame is superb, I especially like the more unorthodox parts usage such as the fishing rods for feed pipes it looks brilliant, I think in some respects having this model unpowered has been more of a benefit build wise as you have been able to fit in the brake gear as well as a whole host of other details that would not be possible on a motorized loco of this size.

Very nice work Bricktrix. Superbly detailed small steamer and great color choice. I am very fond of these 0-x-0 engines default_classic.gif

I recently saw a documentary on YouTube about the Terriers. They didn't use up as much coal as regular locomotives, and they had a really cramped cab for the poor old driver and fireman. This one's color looks a heck of a lot like the Bluebell Railway's Terrier Fenchurch. Keep up the good work, lad!

I can't believe I never commented on this one. That Terrier has got to be one of my favourite Train MOCs I've seen in recent weeks! I'd really have loved to see in person who this little monster pulls... Hope you had a fun show and I'm sure you've received tons of questions about your beautiful model!

Thank you all very much for your comments :classic:

I've uploaded a poor quality video of it running at the show, with a short rake of GWR carriages behind it.

Terrier

Thanks for all your videos from the show, I really loved those!

The typical "model railway" style of setting up your layout is instantly recognizable and I must say that it seems like a great way to showcase those beautiful trains you have - much more effective than a cluttered-up Town style layout.