Sign in to follow this  
Jjsthekid

Review: 8190 Claw Catcher

Hello fellow members! One of the many reasons I wanted to join Eurobricks, was so I could write some reviews. Well, I saw Claw Catcher yesterday at TRU. I know that someone already reviewed this a few months ago, but 2 reviews don't hurt anyone. I apologize if there are some blurry pics, but blame my evil camera for that. :tongue: Also, sorry if they seem small, but I was having trouble getting the right size in. Though, I can show larger pics if you wish. Anyways, I am linking to brickshelf. Onto the Review :

Set Number : 8190

Theme : Power Miners

Name : Claw Catcher

Minifigures : 2

Pieces : 259

Year Released : 2010

Front Box :

post-10871-1274741200.jpg

Back of The Box (This explains the Claw feature and some other stuff) :

post-10871-1274741254.jpg

The Minifigures. :wub: Brains has his new armor and we meet Infernox :

post-10871-1274741314.jpg

Brain's Back Head. Boy, he sure is afraid of Infernox :

post-10871-1274741373.jpg

Some of The Props (Pitch Axe, Shovel, Binoculars, Dynamite, Sasuage, and a Pan.) :

post-10871-1274741132.jpg

Front View of The Vechile's Claws :

post-10871-1274740788.jpg

Back View of The Vechile. The Sign reads : Danger : Flying Monsters. :

post-10871-1274741468.jpg

Birds Eye View of The Water Jail :

rsz_3birds_eye_view.jpg

A Side View (The Props go into the crates) :

post-10871-1274741567.jpg

Another Side View :

post-10871-1274741621.jpg

Random Instruction Page (This is showing how to build The Claws) :

post-10871-1274741721.jpg

Another Random Instruction Page (Shows how to build The Water Jail) :

post-10871-1274741786.jpg

It's time for Woody to Get his Revenge on Lotso :laugh::devil: :

post-10871-1274740892.jpg

------------------

The Minifigures- 5/5 : The Minifigs are awesome. Brains was always my favorite Power Miner, so that is one reason. His armor is pretty cool. Too bad this is probably the last time we will see him though (Since we all know the rumors floating about of PM ending). :sceptic: Infernox is a nice Lava monster and a great replacement for Meltrox.

The Pieces- 5/5 : The Pieces are great as well. Some of the pieces did give me trouble though (Like those black rod parts that holds the claws), but I did like how they added the sasuage and pan in. :laugh: Still, nice pieces.

The Vechile- 4/5 : The Vechile is neat, and the Water Jail is a nice detail. The Claw feature works perfectly, but the Vechile seems a bit plain other than that. Still, a fun vechile. (BTW, there were 3 bags if anyone was wondering. 2 were numbered and there was 1 unnumbered bag.)

Overall- 4/5 : It's a pretty good set with nice details and a great play feature. However, you might get bored of throwing Infernox into the Water Jail over 100 times. But hey, there is still more you could do, like throw Brains in instead of Infernox. :grin: It's a decent vechile to add to your collection and I would recommend it. Of course, that is all opinion.

I hope I did good for my first review. Comments and Advice are welcome. I will improve in my next review. Oh and I will add more pics if anyone wants. Also, I'll upload a Part 2 soon for more info.

Edited by Jjsthekid

You should try to shot these photos in front of a white background, Not your floor. But the review is great. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by wmanidi

You got to retake these photos. You can't evan tell what there of. But nice review anyway. :thumbup:

Yeah, I know. Though i'm new here. I'll reupload them. Just be patient. :classic: Thanks though.

Alright, here are some better pics. Ask me to retake one and I will :

p5230122.jpg

p5230123.jpg

p5230124.jpg

Sorry guys, my camera won't let me get a up close view of that Danger : Flying Monsters sign. But I hope those were better. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing this review but I am afraid I can't indexed this review due to the fact that this review contains far too many blurred and overexposed images inside this review. And, you are right, one or two review of the same set does not hurt. If you seek to improve this review again later in the future by re-taking it or even taking a course at your own time to learn the right way of taking images, feel free to sign up for the Reviewers Academy.

Lastly, welcome to Eurobricks.

Thanks for sharing this review but I am afraid I can't indexed this review due to the fact that this review contains far too many blurred and overexposed images inside this review. And, you are right, one or two review of the same set does not hurt. If you seek to improve this review again later in the future by re-taking it or even taking a course at your own time to learn the right way of taking images, feel free to sign up for the Reviewers Academy.

Lastly, welcome to Eurobricks.

Thanks. :classic: I took your advice and edited my first post with better pictures. Hope those were great! :thumbup: