soccerkid6

[Frozen Beyond, Cat. A] Defending Thandril Manor

My entry for Category A of the Frozen Beyond contest.

There's a full interior in the manor, via pull out rooms: dining hall, armory, storage room, barracks and bedroom. The doors and trapdoor are functional.

Sir Glorfindel and a group of valiant Mitgardian warriors have been serving as a task force to help defeat the Algus from destroying more Mitgardian lands and homes. Lord Thandril had let them use his Manor as one of their bases, but now even that is under attack from the frozen invaders:

logo2.jpg

low.JPG

path2.JPG

b-c.JPG

tower.JPG

all.JPG

arms.JPG

See more pictures here: link

Thanks for looking, I still have another build or two to come this month, including a biggy :classic:

Lovely castle! I really like that tree, just as the woodwork and the tower. These interiors are just awesome!

:wub::cry_happy: i just don't have the words. Amazing interior! I love how well you laid out the snow! Very very nice build! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice landscaping and a well-balanced and suitably detailed keep :classic:

Well done!

Beautiful build SK, love the brown and dark brown Tudor, and the stone-work is superb as well! Excellent snow-scape and interiors too as usual!

Very nice!! I love the texture of the stone walls! :classic:

Thank you!

Nice build! Love the the brown part- the two shades of brown work really well!

Thanks LV! The two tone workwork was inspired by one of ZC's Mitgardian builds, though I'm not sure if he's posted it here yet :look:

Lovely castle! I really like that tree, just as the woodwork and the tower. These interiors are just awesome!

Thanks Titus, glad you like the tree!

Once again, a very beautiful build!

Thanks Alfadas

:wub::cry_happy: i just don't have the words. Amazing interior! I love how well you laid out the snow! Very very nice build! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice landscaping and a well-balanced and suitably detailed keep :classic:

Well done!

Thanks Gideon, I didn't have too much time for this build, so I focused on a good layout, and some nice details, rather than a complex design :classic:

Beautiful build SK, love the brown and dark brown Tudor, and the stone-work is superb as well! Excellent snow-scape and interiors too as usual!

Thanks Garmadon!

Aside of the beauty of the build, the modularity really is a wonderful touch.

Thanks Blufiji, I'm really liking this pull out room design :classic:

Very nice build, great work with the Tudor style and the texture on the walls is really nice too! Looks like a pretty solid building! I really like this new pull-out room thing, might have to try it out myself sometime!

Nicely done. The texturing is great. I was originally building my own castle last year and was doing light bley tiles on light bley walls, but I also like the addition of the 1x2 light bley plate to add some extra texture. I may have to borrow that idea for my own.

I have it in my head, I need this huge castle, and then I get overwhelmed and quit working on it. But I can see from many of you GOH builders how smaller can work better than bigger. Big is impressive, but all of these details in a slightly smaller build is quite impressive also.

Keep up the great work. I have enjoyed looking at your builds over the last few years.

That’s beautiful! The combination of stone and wood parts is very balanced, love the wooden portico.

Snowscape and the snow on the roof is also very well done

Isaac you have taken the interior/modular thing at the next level :) Glad you keep doing this. Awesome tower.... beautiful texturing and that "window" with the bars is caught my eye. Beautiful work! :wub:

Fantastic work mate! Everything looks so good in this - the stonework, the wooden sections and the landscape. I'm looking forward to your other entries :)