Sign in to follow this  
Chewk

Willys MB US Army Jeep

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi all! I've been a bit AWOL recently, but here is something I threw together recently.

6042210949_f7e9e68684_z.jpg

The Willys MB US Army Jeep was manufactured from 1941 to 1945. The small four-wheel drive utility vehicles are considered the iconic World War II Jeep, and inspired many similar light utility vehicles. Over the years, the World War II Jeep later evolved into the "CJ" civilian Jeep. Its counterpart in the German army was the Volkswagen Kübelwagen, also based on a small automobile, but which used an air-cooled engine and lacked 4 wheel drive.

6042210505_9333ff5c54_z.jpg

It comfortably fits 2 figs in front, and 1-2 depending on seating arrangement in back (2 if both figs are on the edge), and all wheels roll smoothly. The canopy from the Indiana Jones Shanghai set could hypothetically fit over the two in the front, but the one I have is ripped so I didn't make it a priority to try. Also, all of the dark grey you see is old dark grey.

More pics on Flickr!

Enjoy!

-Chewk

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Very nice! I love the technique you've used for the rounded front end, and I'm impressed with the general shape for such a small model, and that it'll seat four :cry_happy::thumbup:

What are the 'hooks' used for the front bumper?