Ecclesiastes

Contest! The Frozen Beyond, Results are in!

22801047881_366535db77_c.jpg

First there were just rumors, stories told by traders who used to sell their goods in Mitgardia. Prices of foreign goods are going trough the roof these days in Valholl and other cities. Travelling just isn't save any more, not even accompanied by guards. Historica's inhabitants are custom to fearsome creatures and defeated their fair share of powerful enemies. But this time it's not a man seeking for power like the now dead Revolword or Raavage, who still isn't defeated. It's an ancient race, which lurked in the cold of the Frozen Beyond for centuries. Where ever they go, they are taking the freezing cold with them. And... They are not alone, beasts only known of myths are accompanying them.

Most of the Northern Mitgardian plains are already abandoned, people seek refuge inside the larger mostly fortified southern cities. First it seemed the Algus were aiming to just take over the Northern Territories, but they even crossed the Demons Ridge. Onward to the other guilds. It seems their goal is to turn the world into a giant snowball...

As the next chapter/challenge is still in the making and the last results are in: It's time for a little in between contest. We like to keep it simple so no size limitations, a short guideline and almost the whole winter to come up with ideas and time to build!

The categories:

A. Frostbite

Fortresses and strongholds take preparation!

-Time for building a good old fashion castle. You can either choose to build one owned by the Algus, like the Algor or for example your own establishment. Both sides must be present though. It can be a full battle or just an infiltration.

B. A clash of titans

Mythical creatures appear, to devour any one they can find on their path.

-Build a beast, monster or other creature that comes from the Frozen Beyond. It can be a stand alone monster, being ridden by the Algus, attacking the innocent or being slayed.

C. Bad weather forecast

When the Algus are near, the weather changes. It starts to snows in the Kaliphlin heat and even Lava stops burning.

-Show how the Algus are changing the weather in your guild. And show a solution to stop them. Oil and dragon forged swords seem to affect them. Can you find more ways?!

All entries must be submitted in this topic by January 31st. And for the winning entries we have amazing prizes!

Category A

First place:

22579436561_4ca04f3171_n.jpg

Second place can choose one of two battlepacks. Third place will get the battlepack that remains.

22554652232_9d7e75a249_n.jpg 22579437211_31fb57170c_n.jpg

Category B

First place:

22554653612_a77abddbe0_n.jpg

Second place can choose one of two battlepacks. Third place will get the battlepack that remains.

Category C

First place:

21947025773_f06569c8f1_n.jpg

And what's a contest without tags?!

For the winners: 22581009241_5a2236491c_o.png

For those who entered all three categories: 22543397326_027c94c172_o.png

Have fun building!

Oh, before I forget. This is about the GoH community, so not just about the prizes we have this time. So everyone is welcome, but you need to have at least three free-builds as well to have your entries to be eligible for this contest!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And we have the winners! A big congrats to all of you!!

Category A

First place: Gideon

gallery_17645_277_75502.jpg

Second: soccerkid6

Third: Captain Flint

Category B

First place, again Gideon!(Which means he will get the second prize in this round as he won A as well)

gallery_17645_277_71339.jpg

Second place: soccerkid6

Third place: Exetrius and LordDan

Category C

First place: Jacob Nion

gallery_17645_277_59405.jpg

Second place: LittleJohn

Third place: Simon_S

Winners, please send your address to me by pm. Tags will be handed out shortly! :classic:

You really aren't going to give me time to study, aren't you? :laugh: lovely contest, i'll try to put up some entries!

Another brilliant contest - I haven't built anything with snow yet, so now may be the time to start! :sweet:

Damn, so many ideas for projects already, but I can't just refuse to take part in a contest like this!

I will try to come up with at least one entry for this! :sweet:

This is going to be fun! I'm going to have to grab a few more of those icy chima sets to use in my builds before they stop selling them.

Where to you submit your entry? I'm new in these things so don't trow any large heavy blunt objects at me, please.

Edit: correcting misspelling.

Edited by The Steward

Where to you submit your entry? I'm new in these things so don't trow any large heavy blunt objects at me, please.

Edit: correcting misspelling.

Typically, entries are posted as their own topics and then linked to a dedicated thread. (Probably this one)

*Throws small, light, sharp object* :tongue:

Quick question, are we allowed to combine entries into one build? A massive battle at a castle showing mythical beasts and weather changing and how to defeat them? Or are separate builds preferred?

Typically, entries are posted as their own topics and then linked to a dedicated thread. (Probably this one)

*Throws small, light, sharp object* :tongue:

At least it wasn't a blunt object... :wink:

Quick question, are we allowed to combine entries into one build? A massive battle at a castle showing mythical beasts and weather changing and how to defeat them? Or are separate builds preferred?

That's what I was thinking.

For the three free-builds rule: I'm assuming that doesn't include any challenge/mini-challenge entries? I fit the requirement when challenge entries are included in that number, but not if it's restricted to just freebuilds...

This sounds so great, I have already so many ideas.

You really aren't going to give me time to study, aren't you? :laugh:

I know exactly what you mean :laugh:

Sounds great!

Do we post entries in this thread or will there be a separate one?

Here’s my first entry for Category C: Bad weather forecast

22906775342_af2f4629a7.jpg

Edited by Puvel