Boettner Builds

[MOD] Palace Cinema XXXXL (WIP)

Stand by to receive crappy iphone photos in...

Go!

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image.jpg

It's 4 Palace Cinema's plus extra parts, which roughly translates to a Palace Cinema that is 5 by 4.

It's no longer a Movie House.

It's now an Opera/Play/Musical Performance House.

When finished, it will seat around 275 (+/-) Minifigs.

Bonus Link to song on my computer screen:

Edited by redtrooper27

It looks quite impressing! How did you get the idea to make a large Cinema?

I'm also interested how you will fit the interior in the Cinema! :) Do you use some blueprints from real life theaters or cinemas?

Looks impressive but...

1. At the very least your roof panels should not be identical, randomize the pattern of light and dark.

2. I think you should have two separate screens on the first floor instead of a single big one. Would be more realistic that way.

3. I think it would look better if you combined the facade sections so instead of four arched sections on one side you had two.

4. Try to come up with a way to enclose the back of the corner tall roof.

Can't wait to see more.

That is indeed XXXXXXXL....i hope you can update us weekly with new pictures... this has to succeed as it looks really great so far!!!

It actually resembles a proper "theater" now - not a cinema, but a small concert hall. I think you should ditch the movies idea altogether, and give it a performance stage.

Usually, these XXXXL modulars do nothing for me, but this one feels like it belongs. Think the Apollo, the Troubador, the Filmore, etc..., you know, the intimate downtown places where you'd hear or see a live act one step dpwn from an arena. With a line of people leading from around the corner to the ticket stand, and a band loading equipment in...

Some busy sidewalks and it'll start to come alive.

Build a tablet computer into the wall.... real time moviescreen....

Amazing work. I think a music hall would be awesome. Big stage, lights, rockband.

Was not disappointed!

Make sure to update us on the interior!

Will there be a refreshment station or is this house above that?

It's not going to be a movie house, as I have another plan for that (that does involve a tablet to play real movies)

The seats you see in it now represent the "ground" floor. I'm going to add a balcony, and some private box seats.

I'm still working out in my mind a plan for a nice grand staircase in the lobby area, along with some bathrooms and a coat check.

Think highend opera house.

Have you made any progress with the build? Hopefully your move went smoothly so you can start up the build again, I keep checking back hoping to see some new pics. It will be quite an impressive piece once completed.

Sorry guys and gals, no real update. I had to split it in half to get it up the stairs into my new LEGO room! And I've been a little preoccupied with setting up my city and my castle land :)

I did mod some of it before I moved so I'll have to take some pictures of that at least!

Edited by redtrooper27

2. I think you should have two separate screens on the first floor instead of a single big one. Would be more realistic that way.

Maybe for a typical multiplex of today, perhaps, but not for a grand, historic movie palace of the sort specifically represented by the Palace Cinema (even if the official set does have far too few seats even for the former, never mind the latter).

Please do take any photos you can, this is one project that I'm following eagerly. I plan on making my PC Mod to fit a 48x48 plate and have one big screen with stadium seating like yours, I hope to fit the refreshments under the seating area. I know that your wont be a movie house but your mod has given me a lot of ideas. Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see the update but hopefully you can share some pics of your new Lego room, I'm quite jealous that you have a dedicated room side I have a couple bookshelf so to display my small modular line.

That's how Palace Cinema's interior should have always been! Instead of just six crappy seats to watch a film on a tiny screen!

Have you stopped working on the cinema now that you've started an XL Fire Brigade? I myself am going to build a four bay Fire Brigade but only 64 studs wide, yours looks larger than that by possibly 10 studs. I hope to see each of these finished and hopefully in your new Lego room since you moved to the new house obviously,