Erdbeereis

The Future of Star Wars Contest

gallery_11254_206_90168.png

Contest Theme

The news that Disney purchased the rights to Star Wars was surprising, exciting, and controversial all at once for Star Wars fans. The announcement that three new movies will be made is probably the most important, and this news forms the base for Eurobricks' next Star Wars LEGO building contest. In this contest, the goal is to create a MOC that represents a scene that you think should be or will be in the next Star Wars movie. You should try to create something that could potentially happen in the next movie, but feel free to use your imagination (humorous entries are O.K., as long as they stay within the theme). There will be two categories, which will be explained next, and some fantastic prizes to win.

The Categories

Please read the rules carefully, as entries will need to abide by all requirements. Entries that do not meet requirements will need to be adjusted, or face disqualification.

Small Category

Build anything relating to the contest theme that fits into a 16 x 16 stud footprint. The dimensions are flexible, which means that 8 x 32 creations or any other combination adding up to 256 studs is acceptable. A four stud overhang is allowed. Vehicles are perfectly valid here, as long as they fit inside the size constraints.

Prizes For Small Category

1st Place:

A White Boba Fett minifigure (donated by TLG)

2853835-1.jpg

2nd Place:

A TC-14 minifigure (donated by TLG)

4120v6bzwtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Main Category

In this category, there is no size limitation. You can build anything you want that relates to the theme. However, keep in mind that size is not as important as quality.

Prizes for Main Category

1st Place:

A brand-new 10221 Super Star Destroyer (donated by TLG)

10221-1.jpg

2nd Place:

A Shirtless Darth Maul minifigure (donated by TLG)

51KT4pOsk3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3rd Prize:

The Padawan Menace DVD (donated by Stash2Sixx)

AAAAC1JumZMAAAAAAbPmMg.jpg?v=1322640680000

The Rules

• Contest will run from December 1st to February 1st. Entries must be posted by 11:59 P.M. GMT on February 1st (make sure you check to see how your local time zone compares). Entries posted after this deadline will not be accepted.
  • Entries must be at least somewhat based on Star Wars. However, this does not mean that entries must be something directly from the Star Wars franchise. New places, ships, and other ideas are all acceptable.
  • One entry per member.
  • All entries must be new creations that have not been posted anywhere prior to the contest's start.
  • All entries must include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals and custom minifigures and accessories (Brickarms, Brickforge) are allowed, but modifying parts is not allowed.
  • Entries are to be posted in the Watto's Junkyard sub forum of the Star Wars forum.
  • To enter your MOC, create a new thread in Watto's Junkyard with the title labeled Future of SW Contest: followed by the name of the entry. For example, Future of SW Contest: Han Solo Visits the Planet XYZ
  • Post pictures no larger than 800 x 600
  • All entry threads are considered WIPs (work in progress), which means that you can make improvements to your MOC up until the final deadline.

Please let us know here if you have any questions, and good luck to all!

Sounds great, but can you enter in the two categories?

You can enter both categories, with a separate MOC for each. (I think that that's what you're asking)

• All entries must include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.

When I readed that line, I couldn't help but feel like Luke when Darky told him about his father...

I think I'll have to disassemble my SSD to enter this contest :classic:

Great contest, I immediately begin to work on this project :classic:

It says the small category is 16x16 studs or smaller, and the main category is any size. Does this mean that we can enter a 16x16 or smaller MOC in the main category instead of the small one?

It says the small category is 16x16 studs or smaller, and the main category is any size. Does this mean that we can enter a 16x16 or smaller MOC in the main category instead of the small one?

Yes, you can. You can enter anything in the main category, be it a five meter Star Destroyer or a 1x1 vignette. For the smaller creations, the small category is just there to give you a chance to not compete against the huge creations if you so choose. (but it has a smaller first prize)

Awesome contest idea!

Thanks to all who organized this. You guys don't rest, do you? :wink:

So, basically we can just make up whatever we want to imagine for Ep. 7? Any thing from th EU; comics or novels are ok? Does anyone know what Ep.7 will be about? I heard some of the OT cast members are interested. Maybe we can use those characters as a starting point. :def_shrug:

So, basically we can just make up whatever we want to imagine for Ep. 7? Any thing from th EU; comics or novels are ok? Does anyone know what Ep.7 will be about? I heard some of the OT cast members are interested. Maybe we can use those characters as a starting point. :def_shrug:

Yep. Remember, the idea is not to recreate what you know will happen (which at this point is pretty much nothing), but to imagine what you think will happen.

Sounds great, but can you enter in the two categories?

You can enter both categories, with a separate MOC for each. (I think that that's what you're asking)

Important: I apologize; I made a mistake with that statement. :blush: The rules state that:

• One entry per member.

So, you can only enter one MOC in total, therefore you can only enter one category. Sorry for any inconvenience that this might cause.