Bob De Quatre

LEGO Sci-Fi 2016 Pictures and Rumors

This thread is for discussing the 2016 LEGO Sci-Fi sets.

Stay on topic. Do not post fabricated information, which could lead to your account being banned.

If you find images stamped with a 'Confidential' mark, do not embed them.

Thanks.

Would the new Nexo Knights stuff belong here, or in another sub forum? Even though they are obviously Castle inspired, they seem to be Sci-Fi too.

I think the general concensus is that they'll go in the "action" forum, but it's a bit Taboo to say so in-thread. :tongue:

I highly doubt it'll end up here, since the combination of Castle and Sci-fi puts it squarely in the middle, much as was the case with Chima and Ninjago. :sceptic:

It may, though. :classic: this is just baseless speculation! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I think the general concensus is that they'll go in the "action" forum, but it's a bit Taboo to say so in-thread. :tongue:

I highly doubt it'll end up here, since the combination of Castle and Sci-fi puts it squarely in the middle, much as was the case with Chima and Ninjago. :sceptic:

It may, though. :classic: this is just baseless speculation! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Ehm, sorry to tell you but KNIGHTS NEXO has nothing from the Space theme actually as it seems...it is mor elike Robo/Transformer style

Ehm, sorry to tell you but KNIGHTS NEXO has nothing from the Space theme actually as it seems...it is mor elike Robo/Transformer style

Oh yeah, it's not space related at all. (And has been moved to the action forum) but it definitely counts as science fiction fantasy, as does Ninjago, technically (depending on the year) as well as many other themes listed here as Action (like Aquazone, for instance, which was explicitly set on another planet in he future, but that's an old scar and I digress. :tongue: and Rock Raiders is there too I think, which also makes no sense to me. Ah well.)

Next knights is sci-fi in genre (the "upgrades" are a major theme, and their wizard is an AI system, they deal heavily with electricity and advanced technology, etc. They even say it's futuristic.), but doesn't belong in the sci-fi forum as its a much better for in action. Now... if we could trade Nexo Knights for Rock Raiders... :look: Bob! Try working this out with Peppermint! :poke::grin::laugh:

So, I definitely hope we get a Sci Fi set or wave this year. Nexo Knights has a lot of useful parts for sci-fi, but it doesn't fill that special spot in my heart reserved for another Sci-fi theme. :cry_sad:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Yay, Aquazone & Rock Riders - I have considered them both SPACE subthemes (cos as you have said RR are space travelers wreck on some distant planet and Aquazone are basically extraterestrials living under water on some distant planet) therefor I included both to my huge SPACE complex I have here at home (basically all SPACE sets LEGO ever made in pristine condition...and it really costs me all of my money, literally BUT I have them after all finally for a quite long time now...exactly as my Signature is telling! :laugh::grin: )

Yay, Aquazone & Rock Riders - I have considered them both SPACE subthemes (cos as you have said RR are space travelers wreck on some distant planet and Aquazone are basically extraterestrials living under water on some distant planet) therefor I included both to my huge SPACE complex I have here at home (basically all SPACE sets LEGO ever made in pristine condition...and it really costs me all of my money, literally BUT I have them after all finally for a quite long time now...exactly as my Signature is telling! :laugh::grin: )

:oh: super impressive! :oh: that's a lot of sets, and a lot of money! And a lot of space too! I mean space taken up! :laugh:

Yeah, RR was unambiguously sci-fi, and space sci-fi specifically. They were fighting Alien rock monsters (in the prelims, they were actually fighting the Insectoids... as in the Insectoids theme.) on a distant planet. Very much sci-fi, and I never agreed with the decision to put it in Action. Maybe now that Action is so full of content we can get them back? :look::sweet:

AZ was a lot more ambiguous, and it could be (not fact based) argued that they were in earth's ocean, making it just about as Sci-fi as Dino Hunt 2010. So I harbour no resentments in regards to that placement. In my heart I know where it belongs.. :tongue:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Well, as for the AZ if I am right they actually evolved from Seatron that was never released tho meant to be new Space subtheme (there even was new monorail developed for it then!) so NO, to me they are more Space than anything else... :tongue::grin:

And as for the space for my Space :laugh: - yeah, you're right it is a quite big problem so I ended up having them all squeezed in cca. 4m x 5m rather small room so there is not even place from where I could make some nice pictures, bah! :laugh:

Edited by bublible

Well, as for the AZ if I am right they actually evolved from Seatron that was never released tho meant to be new Space subtheme (there even was new monorail developed for it then!) so NO, to me they are more Space than anything else... :tongue::grin:

Oh I totally agree... but I personally feel stronger about RR. (AZ is definitely on another planet... but In RR we actually see their space ship! In space! Before they crash on Planet X! In space! It's all very clearly Space...)

And as for the space for my Space :laugh: - yeah, you're right it is a quite big problem so I ended up having them all squeezed in cca. 4m x 5m rather small room so there is not even place from where I could make some nice pictures, bah! :laugh:

No kidding! I can't even hardly find space to display my Alien Conquest sets! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

This thread is for discussing the 2016 LEGO Sci-Fi sets.

Stay on topic. Do not post fabricated information, which could lead to your account being banned.

:sadnew:

I guess the main difference between us is how we understand the Space theme: I understand it the way that anything outside planet Earth is meant to be Space theme, where you undertstand it (or it seems like that to me) that only/mainly stuff going on in actual space/universe/place-full-of-stars-with-the-black-inbetween is Space theme, right? :laugh:

Anyway I guess we both agree on main things here...but didn't we deviated too much from the topic's theme already, huh? :grin:

Yes, I just posted the same you are saying right before I saw your new post

Sorry Bob, I might have had too many coffees this morning. :sadnew: spam-mode disengage.

Doesn't look like there's any inklings of a Sci-Fi set this year so far, save Benny's spaceship pack from Dimensions. :sadnew:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I just saw OFFICIAL PICTURES of one set from Nexo Knights called "Fortrex" which is basically a mobile castle which the idea itself is quite original and I have to change my previous words slightly cos this one has really something to it :thumbup: (and that even more when my own next MOC I intended to come with would be almost exactly the same without ever knowing TLG is doing also one...but mine is more of a caravan on steroids than mobile castle, anyway being happy that at least this specific idea got thru in LEGO process...ah silly me now noone will believe me I am not copying them, gee :laugh::grin: ), see here for the Fortrex image (sorry that it is from FB):

12105911_847651762021890_2786906233372772855_n.jpg?oh=d4f51b5d9458eb96a3e332d0e7e2f984&oe=568D9155

And here is also the official video for it:

Edited by bublible

If this isn't the right place to discuss this, I apologize, but I really want to see how the green helmet looks with a standard visor. It might be a good upgrade for my exo suit green astronauts. That is, if the helmet is green and not bright green, I'm guessing green, but I can't tell definitively from the pictures.

If this isn't the right place to discuss this, I apologize, but I really want to see how the green helmet looks with a standard visor. It might be a good upgrade for my exo suit green astronauts. That is, if the helmet is green and not bright green, I'm guessing green, but I can't tell definitively from the pictures.

It is green, normal green...most probably mat28 Dark Green in LDD I guess (I have that ExoSuite Ideas set personaly)

Might be better to move all the Nexo Knight talk to this thread, even if it does pertain to Sci-fi use of its parts.

http://www.eurobrick...pic=105102&st=0

Don't want to make Bob upset. :sadnew:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Why he would be upset if the talk is about Nexo Knights?

Citing his own words:

* This thread is for discussing the 2016 LEGO Sci-Fi sets...Nexo Knights is sci-fi set for year 2016 (mix of Castle and futuristic features, question may be if that means scifi or not, but I guess unless we are specificaly told that Nexo Knights is not scifi than we are still inside the brims of the topic, right?)

* Stay on topic. Do not post fabricated information, which could lead to your account being banned...we are on the topic - Nexo Knights is set for year 2016 and it is not fabricated info, it is already official

* If you find images stamped with a 'Confidential' mark, do not embed them...no, images we (ehm, I) posted have no 'Confidential' watermark

I think he was upset because of our previous talk about what RR & AZ are or are not...sorry for that, Bob.

Anyway I have no problem if it is moved elsewhere as my only point was telling my feeling about the upcoming 2016 theme Nexo Knights which I already did.

Wow I just find out that the helmets themselves were different, the "mask" near the mouth looks cool, but the "air intake" is definitely too much for a standard castle stuff...

Edited by kouz-one

Any chance we'll get a special mech to celebrate the ten-year anniversary of Exo-Force?

As cool as that would be, I seriously doubt it... I loved Exo-Force, but I don't know if its legacy is enough to merit an anniversary set.

That said, the King's Mech from Nexo Knights gives me some great Exo-Force vibes, especially with its fantastic helicopter-blade sword.