Sign in to follow this  
Duke

The Old Horse

indexed.gif

Whilst I wait for a brick order to arrive so I can attempt to build some more Wheel of Time creations (see my recent post), I thought i'd have a go at making a pub.

The Old Horse is famed throughout the kingdom for its fine varieties of dry cider, the small building only allows for a few patrons at a time and the drinks are pricey, but the agreeable barmaid and the fine beverages make up for this!

An Overview

dsc00815.jpg

A closeup of the staircase.

dsc00818.jpg

A peon working the cider press in the cellar.

dsc00820.jpg

A close-up of the scene upstairs including my attempt at pouring action from a pump.

dsc00823.jpg

A few more shots in the gallery HERE. Otherwise, enjoy!

Edited by Sir Dillon

That's the best spiral staircase I've ever seen made out of lego. Brilliant work.

~Thrash

Great little MOC! :thumbup: The stairs are really beatiful and the use of the horn for cider is very very clever :wink:

Edited by BlueBard

Great work on the stairs. Are they stable? The large kegs downstairs are also very well done. I guess that hole in the bottom is good for something after all...

Steve

Sorry to say the same thing as everyone else, but those are the loveliest stairs I've seen. :cry_happy:

The rest of it isn't too bad either. :laugh:

Fantastic Staircase!!! They just flow so smoothly. I really like the way you set up the keg/cask system. And on a personnal note, thanks for not having the brewmaster use his feet!!!!!

Aww, I hate to repeat what others had mentioned, but I must admit that this is the nicest staircase ever seen. :thumbup:

Very nicely done.

that's a really great little tavern ^^ I love the way you did the cider :thumbup: ! the stairs are really cool too^^ but do you think they had these kind of pump existed at these times ?

This a great idea :thumbup:

The stairs have been mentioned enough I think :grin: really nice job there.

The only thing I would add is a small piece of pavement or road just outside the door. That way you would have something to step in from.

Are you planning on building the rest of Tar Valon btw?

Interesting cutaway. The placement of the wall next to the door in particular makes me want to see what the whole tavern would look like.

I have to say, those stairs are a beauty. Great work.

Thats an awesome MOC, Ilove how you've used the horn to signify the beverage coming out of the tap. The stairs are heaps cool(nearly every peson in front of me has said that) I got to say though its a intresting name for a Pub/Bar . Anyway all in its a great MOC

Thanks for all the staircase appreciation everyone, i'm rather flattered :cry_happy:

Great work on the stairs. Are they stable?

They are actually surprisingly stable, I think the central part from which each step originates helps keep it rigid, it was a little tricky to attach to the floor above at the right level but otherwise quite simple!

do you think they had these kind of pump existed at these times ?

I think they probably didn't! But then I tend towards aesthetic appeal over historical accuracy (to a certain extent)

Are you planning on building the rest of Tar Valon btw?

I've got an order of white parts arriving, since I realised I had no white arches and very few slopes so i'm going to try and do something with that when it arrives. Perhaps an entrance to the tower itself or some rooms inside it.

I got to say though its a intresting name for a Pub/Bar . Anyway all in its a great MOC

There's actually a pub near where I live called The Old Horse, and given that i'd used the stable sign from MMV I thought it fit quite nicely.