Sign in to follow this  
Matn

The return of Ron

This scene captures Ron's return in the 19th chapter of the Deathly Hallows, The Silver Doe. It's one of my favourite chapters of all the books, so I thought of making it in LEGO. I still love to read the intense things going on like Ron destroying to horcrux and Hermoine going mad. I'm also thinking of making an interior scene to go with it.

4300241326_0b1e4d3035.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30479264@N06/4300241326/

Other angles: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=417801

I know it's that really special or anything, but I thought it would be nice in LEGO. I've still got something big almost ready to photograph, something I've been working on since August...

Comments and tips are appreciated! :classic:

I like it! The technique of using plates instead of a baseplate gives the vignette a cool (and slightly rounded) shape. :thumbup:

Instantly recognizable, too, from the moment I saw Gryffindor's sword!

I just saw this on Flickr it's great, An inside would be great because it would be so much bigger than the tent from the outside. It would be great to see some more MOCs from the last book, like the Lovegood's house or Harry's birthday.

O my god how could I have missed this! I was just thinking about creating a scene around this MOC, since I finished that chapter a few hours ago. You did a really really nice job!

Hello!

It's lovely! I also liked the scene, and you rebuilt it perfectly. The snow-covered trees are a nice touch. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it! :thumbup:

It would be great to see some more MOCs from the last book, like the Lovegood's house or Harry's birthday.

:look: ... :grin:

Awesome MOC Matn! You've captured the feeling of the scene very well, much better than I did in my Silver Doe scene. The plate technique, trees, and tent are all excellent and clean. My only suggestion would be to make them both look wetter and possibly colder in some way.

Otherwise, excellent work!

Very nice. It's always good to see more Potter MOCs. It doesn't have much going on in it, but it does capture the scene quite well. The only thing that really bothers me about it is the plates on far right and left. They are too low and elevate the MOC in an awkward way.

It would be great if you would make an interior scene to go along with it! :sweet:

Also looking forward to that "big thing". :thumbup: (That's what she said.)

HP FTW!

(That's what she said.)

HP FTW!

Sometimes I worry about you Oky. :tongue: Anyway nice creation I also love how you did the plates instead of a base and the snow covered trees were a nice touch. :sweet:

The technique of using plates instead of a baseplate gives the vignette a cool (and slightly rounded) shape. :thumbup:

Actually, he did use a baseplate. There's just so much overhang that you can't see it. Check below the two yellowed studs below Harry's backpack. :wink: Good idea nevertheless.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

That scene looks so good.

I must admit I'm dissapointed there is no interior, I was hoping to scroll down and see a huge room.

Still, the single shot is great, that tent, is it a LEGO piece? OR custom?

I very much like the white background; It goes with the scene. And as Pi said the plates do give it that rounded look. I, although, think the trees should have a little more snow on the top of them.

Still, the single shot is great, that tent, is it a LEGO piece? OR custom?

EDIT: Removed to avoid trolling war.

It's from an Indiana Jones set.

Edited by YG-49

I very much like the white background; It goes with the scene. And as Pi said the plates do give it that rounded look. I, although, think the trees should have a little more snow on the top of them.

And now I have a Facepalm.

Thanks for your smart alec response, it really shows your maturity, not everyone knows what you know.

And now I have a Facepalm.

Can you put your palm in my face too? I don't have that set either.

Big Cam, I guess YG-49 is the king for the day. I guess we have to live with it.

Thanks for the comments an tips! :sweet:

It's always good to see more Potter MOCs. It doesn't have much going on in it, but it does capture the scene quite well. The only thing that really bothers me about it is the plates on far right and left. They are too low and elevate the MOC in an awkward way.

I'm aware that there's not much going on there, but I just liked the idea of Ron and Harry going inside the tent, full of happiness and not knowing how Hermoine will react. :tongue: I was going to add some details, like brown flower sterns but I don't have those... I agree with you, the plates a bit awkward, but it looks much better in real life. Maybe it's the angle? Thanks for your comments.

I must admit I'm dissapointed there is no interior, I was hoping to scroll down and see a huge room.

Heh, I was going to make one and upload it at the same time, but I haven't even started on it yet. Soon, I promise!

I, although, think the trees should have a little more snow on the top of them.

You're right, I found some more white plates and added a bit more of them to the trees.

Thanks again! :classic:

Looks really nice Matn. I think the trees need some more snow or foliage though.

A nice creation from a great book, cheers.

I really like Harry's top, which set is it from?

It looks like Indiana Jones' jacket. I would imagine he got the tent from the same place.

I am wondering where the plow piece is from?