Sign in to follow this  
curtisrlee

Which Is Your Favorite 2010 Licensed Theme?

OK, so I do have a question for you guys, out of the three new licenced themes, which of them is most important to you, and why?

I personally think Toy Story or Prince of Persia because Ben 10 are just plain lame action figs

Edited by curtisrlee

OK, so I do have a question for you guys, out of the three new licenced themes, which of them is most important to you, and why?

I personally think Toy Story or Atlantis because Ben 10 are just plain lame action figs

Well, first off, Atlantis isn't a licensed theme. The licensed themes this year are Toy Story, Ben 10, Duplo Licenses (eg Cars), Ferrari & Lamborghini, and Prince of Persia, according to Svelte's news index.

I think this topic should be titled "Which Is Your Favorite 2010 Licensed Theme", but it wouldn't be a very helpful topic since many sets haven't been released yet, and not all the pictures have surfaced to my knowledge.

I personally am looking forward to Prince of Persia, since we'll be getting lots of great minifigs and animals, desert colors like tan, dark tan, and brown, and some great looking architecture.

I think this topic should be titled "Which Is Your Favorite 2010 Licensed Theme", but it wouldn't be a very helpful topic since many sets haven't been released yet, and not all the pictures have surfaced to my knowledge.

Agreed on both these points!

Actually, also on the point that Atlantis isn't Licensed and I'm looking forward to PoP for the same reasons.

Inconspicuous is wise in all things! :sadnew:

This is a silly topic, bit with a subtitle like 'please read!', I should have known what I was getting in to... :hmpf:

Anyhow, you've left out PoP. which is the one that interests me the most...

Steve

Don't we already have Ferrari? Or is the licence being altered this year?

My fave of the main three is Toy Story. PoP looks like it has nice pieces but the licence itself is not one I have any interest in. Ben 10: Not for me. Toy Story has a great licence that's being put to terrific use, producing a huge variety of sets that match the mismatched nature of the movies themselves, and is providing some excellent parts and builds.

LEGO Harry Potter! :tongue: Although we haven't seen pictures of it... But I thinks it's going to be awesome. An official LEGO Burrow! And a new Hogwarts Express, with the new steam train wheels in mind, it probably will be very nice. And of course, I think we'll get the biggest LEGO Hogwarts we've seen. I hope LEGO releases many new minifigures of characters we haven't seen yet.

LEGO Toy Story looks very nice (set design and it's very recognizable), but that's probably because of nostalgic feelings. But the theme is very expensive for what you get. LEGO Prince of Persia looks alright, the minifigures and pieces are awesome, but the sets don't look very special. They look very bland to me. And I'm not going to start about Ben 10.

In 2009 it was Spongebob and Indi for my son and myself, this year line ball again between PoP and Toy Story !

Have a funny feeling to will lean to towards Star Command I think.

Gotta go with PoP for the new animals and accessories, though overall I'm not such a fan of Licensed themes.

I'll probably try to get the Buzz Lightyear ship thingy set too.

1) Toy Story! I have all of the sets, except Cunstruct-A-Zurg (which I'm getting today along with Gateway of the Squid)! I grew up with Toy Story as a kid, and they have so much awesome scenes!

2) PoP: For the minifigures!

3)IF IT RETURNS, Harry Potter (which it might as the new LEGO board game of Hogwarts is coming out)

Prince Of Persia because we have already seen pics, otherwise it might be Harry Potter.

Hello!

I am pretty excited about the new Harry Potter sets. Having missed the first wave, it's great to get another chance to get hands on this fantastic theme. It combines elements of fantasy, castle and town what makes it unique in my eyes. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

I don't like licensed sets and I won't probably buy any this year too, but if I do it will certainly be Prince of Persia which is in fact quite cool, all other licensed themes are outright horrible (except Ferrari which is ok).

Actually I just remembered that there will probably be Harry Potter again. That's usually again not so interesting to me, but I'll check out the new Hogwart Express.

Edited by Legoist

I'm still waiting on Harry Potter before I make any conclusions. As it stands, Prince of Persia looks like it has a strong selection of figures and parts but I'm not that impressed by the sets themselves. The Harry Potter line looks like it could be very good, but again I'll hold judgement until I see some actual pics.

Toy Story for the Army Men and Little Green Men, Prince of Persia for the weapons and small sets.

BEN TEN HANDS DOWN!!!

No but seiously I think Prince of persia will be the only sets I might consider getting because I can use the pieces and scenery to create a nice village for my Indy sets.

I have to say that Prince of Persia is my favorite of the new licensed themes. I have never really cared for Toy Story and I don't like Ben 10 at all but, I have really liked the Prince of Persia game series so I am really looking forward to getting those sets. :sweet: