Sign in to follow this  
Piranha

LEGO Marvel or DC

Lego DC or Marvel  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you like LEGO to make?

• Marvel
    • DC
    • Both
    • other

As of lately I have noticed a lack of Batman sets being made by LEGO, I wonder if they are making more or cutting the theme off

(sorry batbrick, all good things come to an end, especially if its licensed :tongue: classic: :wink: )

If they are cutting the theme and stopping production I am ok with that mainly because I am a Marvel fan (spiderman, ironman,etc)

Now Batman was created by DC (obviously)

So my question to everyone is:

Would you prefer Marvel back or keep DC (Batman) around?

My obvious choice would be Marvel :laugh:

Also I'm not saying Batman is being cut but if it is what do you think of it?

Marvel Supremacy On :devil:

I voted for both because as a long-time comic book collector I have favorites from both camps. However, I'd prefer they don't concentrate on one or two heroes or teams. For example, I wouldn't want to see an X-Men theme; rather, I'd love a line of different characters from each universe. Even better would be lesser known characters instead of the usual Spider-man, Batman, Superman, et al. How about The Specter or The Defenders? Dr Fate or Adam Warlock? I realize this would never happen as youngsters have no idea who these characters are, but if we're gonna dream, may as well dream big! ;)

Piranha, the Batman license is over. Now all we can do is wait and see if Lego picks up either another DC superhero or have the return of the Marvel license. I personally don't care as much anymore, as Lego is through with Batman. (hopefully not forever!) Although I do have to say it would be real cool to have a Superman license or even a Marvel license for Spidey (again!) or Fantastic Four. So, to answer your question, I would love to keep Batman around, but other than that, I would take just about any superhero license. (except X-men)

I know Lego still keeps close ties with DC, and Mega Blocks currently still holds the Marvel License.

-Omi

I voted both as well.

Because I am a MAJOR fan of Superman, so I would love to see a license for that someday.

But I also love X-Men(especially Wolverine and Cyclops :devil: ) and Spider-man a lot.

And with all these new Marvel movies, and the games Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and it's coming sequel, I'm getting to know the Marvel universe a bit and it keeps getting more interesting so...

But my biggest hope is still a general DC comics License :wub:

Greetings,

CF W

I vote for DC, because i´m a big fan of Superman and Batman. I own most of the Batman-Sets and i wish TLC would bring us some new ones.

I picked both because I'd only like to see more Spiderman and Batman, nothing else.

I voted DC - Lego has a better relationship with them [the Batman line, and DC publishes the Bionicle comics, or used to], and I would love to see a Teen Titans line.

Personally I prefer Marvel over DC :thumbup: . I really like the backstories and characters from the Marvel universe plus the outfits of the characters of Mavel are a lot more colorful and have more minifig potential than most DC characters. Also if the TLC make some sets with brickbuild characters like Fing Fang Foe or Galactus I will definitely buy them :cry_happy: .

I like the Marvel Universe so much more than the DC universe, but I would rather have them bring back the Batman license than have any other Marvel theme. Spider-man was okay, but the Batman license did alot better. (I thought) However, if they chose to make an Iron Man theme, I would choose that over Batman. Why? Because of weapons and tanks! :cry_happy: So anyways, I voted DC.

I think there is more to create in the Marvel universe, more iconic locales. Neither have household names floating around, but there's more to make.

So, Avengers and the Quinjet, Fantastic Four and the Four Freedom's Plaza (or Baxter Building), X-Men and the Danger Room, Doctor Doom's castle. Lots of sets.

DC has stuff to make too, but other than Superman's fortress of solitude and Batman's batcave, I don't associate locations/vehicles with DC's heroes (Flash, Green Lantern, etc.)

DC has stuff to make too, but other than Superman's fortress of solitude and Batman's batcave, I don't associate locations/vehicles with DC's heroes (Flash, Green Lantern, etc.)

I kinda disagree on that subject. Other than the Fortress of Solitude LEGO could also create the Daily Planet, the LexCorp building and, if they're going a bit more into the Smallville direction, the Kent farm, LuthorCorp Plaza, and Luthor Mansion. To be true, that's all I can think of (for now) but I think that could be possible.

As for Batman, I agree not much more can be made, except for perhaps the Gotham Police headquarters, since the Batcave and Arkham Asylum have already been made. Although a Wayne Manor would be possible, and perhaps a Wayne Enterprise building.

Greetings,

CF W

voted for DC. still wishfully thinking of Watchmen MiniFigs :wub:

Exactly my reason for voting DC! That and the Batman theme!

Edited by 4olic

I kinda disagree on that subject.

Feel free, but DC's characters don't have locales tightly wound into their character. The Daily Planet, I'll give you but Luthorcorp Plaza? Never heard of it.

Marvel has more teams and locales established.

But, they're comics, so both can lead to limitless possibilities.

Looks like DC is leading the poll by 18%. I personally voted for DC. They have Green Lantern, Jonah Hex, The Outsiders, Spectre, etcetera, etcetera. IF Lego does pick up some more DC licenses in the future, this could provide a lead-in to some other themes. For example, DC has some of the greatest western comics of all time: Jonah Hex, Bat Lash, Nighthawk and Cinnamon, etc. Any one of these could lead into a resurrection of the WW theme. A Green Arrow theme could lead into a combination of City and Forestmen-esque products. And let us not forget some of DC's better wartime comics: Boy Commandos, Haunted Tank, Sgt. Rock and Easy Company (Nothing's ever easy in Easy.), the list goes on people! If we do see any more superhero licenses in the near future, make it DC Comics.

SHAZAM!

Although a huge fan of comics, I have to say I'd prefer none.

Mainly because I like obscure characters and teams, so they'd never get made, I like the mature comics that would never sell to children. Plus they never make any female superheroes (Where was Huntress? Batgirl? Spoiler?!) so that would discourage me from getting the sets. The prices are also stupidly high on all licenses, that was a factor in the reason for why I have but one Batman set...

Not many heroes are well known enough for kids to want to buy, apart from The Bat, the Spider and The Cape.

Now if Lego made their own super hero line, with all the tropes of superhero stories, that would be awesome.

>SNIP<

Not many heroes are well known enough for kids to want to buy, apart from The Bat, the Spider and The Cape.

Now if Lego made their own super hero line, with all the tropes of superhero stories, that would be awesome.

That's what I hope Lego will do. The sets could be like Agents meets City of Heroes/Villains

That's what I hope Lego will do. The sets could be like Agents meets City of Heroes/Villains

That sounds like a solid idea, and would give the company way more flexibility. Still, I'd love the printed mini-figures of my favorite comic characters :cry_sad:

Feel free, but DC's characters don't have locales tightly wound into their character. The Daily Planet, I'll give you but Luthorcorp Plaza? Never heard of it.

It is from Smallville.

-Omi

I'd ban the author of this topic for trolling! ) Just joking! :laugh:

DC for me, of course. ) I have written that for about a 100 times on this forum about all missed opportunities for LEGO Batman. Plus, taking into account the great Batman: Arkham Asylum game, and DC Heroes Online and the upcoming third Nolan film, TLC could have made a great bunch of sets. ) Alas! :cry_sad:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I'm not sure if we have a Marvel topic, so I'll post it here. Disney just bought Marvel for $4 billion! I don't know whether I'm happy or sad about this. Does this mean that there will be more Spiderman sets because of the Disney license?

Lego has never had a licensing agreement with Marvel.

They had a licensing agreement with Sony Pictures, who produced the Spider Man movies. It's an important distinction. Lego was limited to making sets ONLY related to the movies.

By all accounts, Lego's deal with Warner Brothers (DC) to make Batman sets was much broader in scope. Unfortunately it appears that Lego isn't going to do anything else with that license.

Apparently there's a rumour floating around mlnteam.net that Batman will return in 2010. I personally am taking absolutely no stock in this rumour at the moment, and I don't advise anyone to get their hopes way up, but there is a thin shred of hope.