Sign in to follow this  
Brad-The-Brick

Bring Back Lego Spiderman

I recently learned that there shall be a Spiderman 4. I think Lego should get the rights to make sets before %$#@ Megabloks beats them. I would love to see this happen. What are your thoughts on this?

I too would love for them to get the license, but they didn't get the Spiderman 3 license, so it probably won't happen.

I agree, it's not coming back. They've passed on Harry Potter in recent years and they didn't even release any new sets for The Dark Knight, when they still had the Batman license.

Never going to happen. Lego didn't do spiderman 3, Megatrash did. But I still fail to see, how LEGO got spiderman 1 and 2, but megatrash got the rights to spiderman 3. I also hate that megatrash got the liscense to pirates of the caribbean.

Yeah - I don't think I'd even make a "friendly bet" on Spidey Lego returning. Disappointing to be sure, but then, so was the 3rd movie IMO.

I recently learned that there shall be a Spiderman 4. I think Lego should get the rights to make sets before %$#@ Megabloks beats them. I would love to see this happen. What are your thoughts on this?

"Spiderman 4" is a musical, believe it or not! It would definitely be an interesting line of sets!

"Spiderman 4" is a musical, believe it or not! It would definitely be an interesting line of sets!

LOL are you sure that is sorta strange.... (Starts humming the spiderman tune to himself)

*Pulls out gun*

:sick:

Spider-Man 4 is *NOT* a musical. There *IS* a Spider-Man musical coming to Broadway next year, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the 4th film.

I guess the bottom lines have made their minds about continuing those licenses. They most certainly wouldn't have stopped their licensed lines - Harry Potter, Batman, Spiderman if they were profitable. It seems that Star Wars is the undisputable king of licensed themes and Indy seems to be going strong too. But apart from sales, there is another factor - price of the license. If something is selling well, but the license is very expensive, LEGO might still be at a loss producing that franchise.

Never going to happen. Lego didn't do spiderman 3, Megatrash did. But I still fail to see, how LEGO got spiderman 1 and 2, but megatrash got the rights to spiderman 3. I also hate that megatrash got the liscense to pirates of the caribbean.

I had no idea! I looked up those 'megatrash' sets, and they are mirthless. I'm not a big fan the Spider-man line, it doesn't seem the most logical LEGO toyline, but those sets looked like a money grab. As a 25 year Marvel comic reader, I've learned that they'll always reach a new low... (Spider-man Transformers being the last one I saw :sceptic: )

Yup, no LEGO for Marvel, they need every penny.

Although I would like to see a spiderman line that is more than just a studio-line tie in, I don't see it happening. IMHO, when a licensed theme is discontinued, it shouldn't be brought back. I don't believe it's happened before, and I doubt it ever will.

Although I would like to see a spiderman line that is more than just a studio-line tie in, I don't see it happening. IMHO, when a licensed theme is discontinued, it shouldn't be brought back. I don't believe it's happened before, and I doubt it ever will.

It's going to happen with Disney. LEGO had the Disney license (Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh) in 2000, only to discontinue it in 2001. Now they are going to bring it back in twenty-ten (2010), with Toy Story, Cars, and Prince of Persia. Never say never.

The odds of LEGO bringing back Spidey are 1 in 100.

Is lego ever going to bring back Spider man sets with the third movie out and the forth movie coming out in a year? I would like to see more sets and an official black suited spider man and a venom minifigure.

Edited by nintha

Lego will probably not ever bring back Spider-Man.

I think there is already a discussion like this somewhere.

No. Considering they skipped over Spider-Man 3, the chances are pretty much none.

And I know you are new, but please search for a similar topic before you post.

Edited by SWMAN

No. Considering they skipped over Spider-Man 3, the chances are pretty much none.

They didn't skip over it. They just didn't have the license at the time.

-Omi

Is lego ever going to bring back Spider man sets with the third movie out and the forth movie coming out in a year? I would like to see more sets and an official black suited spider man and a venom minifigure.

There is a similar discussion here. Please continue it here.

Topic is merged.

Thanks.