Legonardo

Eldorado Outpost

27183816073_2e1be0b2bb_b.jpg

Inspired by set 6276 Eldorado fortress, by designer Daniel August Krentz, who passed away last week. Was started some months ago as an entry to my local lugs 'classic set redux' challenge, but my course got in the way and I didn't get round to finishing it.

Not too much special in techniques and part usage (the one bit of NPU isn't actually visible in the photo) but some cool colours I think work quite well going on, hope you enjoy!

David

Nice! The colors really work and there's a lot of nice detail for a build of that size. However, I think they should use a large flag for such a lovely outpost rather than that tiny 2x2 one! pirate_laugh2.gif

Excellent as usual! I really like how you did the cheese slope roof. Also, nice touch with the string on the flag pole, thats something not many people think of- how are the mini figures going to raise the flag without it? pirate_laugh_new.gif

Edited by BrickCurve

Awesome job, I love the colour-scheme and the rockwork is as usual superb :thumbup:

Wonderful MOC!

If only LEGO would bring back the quality of sets like Eldorado into the pirate line...

Other than this being another great example of your style, I really like this one because instead of trying to go bigger and grander as most Eldorado re-do's you went the other way and it works so well. Playing as a kid I always imagined "under dog" type stories around a run down, out-of-the way sort of place where Eldorado was concerned. To me it was sort of the "Meatballs" fort and yours makes me pleasantly reminiscent of that. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely :) I really like it.

But I am missing a bit classic yellow colour and classic cannons ;)

I am currently basing a lot of my mocs on official LEGO sets from my youth. This is on the list for a future rendition of my own. I recently did Forestman River Fortress, so I need to get pictures of that up. But I have wanted to do this set also. It is interesting how so many people can have the same source material and make it differently in the end.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, and the front page! In regards to the flag, after quite a bit of digging I did find my old large one, and despite its severe yellowed discolouring (it's aged like a fine milk you might say pirate_laugh2.gif ) it does look way better, have made that change for when displaying at cons.

The design of this is well done. I especially like the design of the rocks, and the way the building sits on top of them. The size is nice, not too big but not too small, and the small details make this a really good build.

Another amazing build from you Legonardo. I love the transition from wet rock to dry rock but the orange/brown and white colour-scheme is just superb.

This was one of my favorite sets growing up, and you've made a really beautiful take on it. I really like the design of the rocks with the moss, that looks great. I also like that roof, it's fantastic. One little detail I love is the wooden corner, where the posts are all offset to different lengths. The long post in the middle really brings me back to the original design.

Excellent work!

Back with a second comment! I am impressed by how wel the nougat goes with the white... That something I will have to try.

Edited by BrickCurve

That rock work and detail on the building is amazing really reminds me of days gone by and how lego has changed for better and worst.

Excellent! And a great ode to the recently lost designer. I cant imagine the sheer numbers of bricks used for the rockwork :-)